DARKFEST 2022 ....mtb

This is a area for non canna hobbies and interests to be discussed.
MrNice
Respected Member

DARKFEST 2022 ....mtb

Post by MrNice »

Go on Mr Reynolds :puff puff:

These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 4):
sybarite (Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:01 am) • Mrs Beefheart (Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:31 am) • Herbalist (Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:20 am) • machiavelington (Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:19 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Re: DARKFEST 2022 ....mtb

Post by sybarite »

Love a bit of mtb @MrNice, really got into watching Sam Pilgrim, Matt Jones and Sam Reynolds during lockdown. Bought a dirt jump bike thinking I'd be doing backflips in no time, but not a chance in hell. I must accept that I'm probably past it now. :lol:
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
MrNice (Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:16 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

sybarite wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:09 am
Love a bit of mtb @MrNice, really got into watching Sam Pilgrim, Matt Jones and Sam Reynolds during lockdown. Bought a dirt jump bike thinking I'd be doing backflips in no time, but not a chance in hell. I must accept that I'm probably past it now. :lol:
Wicked sybarite yeah i love my mtb been out every day burning the trails

What you riding ?

Ive got a specialized stumpjumper fsr
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
sybarite (Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:26 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

chk it .............. yh sam bad boy rider

sybarite (Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:39 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

MrNice wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:22 pm
Wicked sybarite yeah i love my mtb been out every day burning the trails

What you riding ?

Ive got a specialized stumpjumper fsr
Nice bike @MrNice, always thought Specialized were decent. I have a NS Bikes Movement 1 (black and orange 2020 model). I had an old hardtail before that I extensively upgraded before giving it to my gf, hoping she would ride trails with me, but health issues put a stop to that. I don't really have anyone to ride with now friends are all grown up with families and the good trails are quite far from me, so usually reluctant to go alone, especially when it's gnarly trails. I assume you've got good trails locally?

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Nice bike @sybarite

Bit the same as you friends all busy now a days aswell one mate who I did ride with alot broke 4 ribs on the last ride he did with me quite a slow crash over some tree roots somersaulted over the handle bars and landed on a ridge,..... ribs cracked

Yeah i live a mile or two from the forest so can hit the trails all the way up to the main part where all the trails really start
All natural single track, horse trails quite good to ride got a few areas with some jumps I like it probley done bout 80 miles up there last four days riding the trails grab a beer have a smoke all good in my book

Good to ride at mo dry tracks max speed on the downhills

You ever fault bout getting the gf an electric bike ? pedal assist or get one with a throttle button no need to pedal then just cruise the trails
sybarite (Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:33 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Cheers @MrNice, I like it, because it's like a grown up BMX with front suspension, really light and can throw it around, get some good height doing bunnyhops.

Yh, we're not kids anymore (or I assume you're not), so everything hurts now. My default state is pain, so it can really hurt after a day on the jumps/trails. Last time I went dirt jumping I bottled the last jump on a new run, because the landing looked sketchy, went to pull the brake and missed, then face-planted in a ditch, hands bent back, wrists bruised for weeks and could not even do the washing up, which was tricky as I lived alone at the time, so I had to stop doing that. I still get a buzz doing jumps, but not ones that are likely to break me if I land badly.

Fair play mate, good that you're making the most of the dry, sunny weather. Do you not worry a bit doing gnarly stuff alone? I'm alright if I know the trails well and not too far from home, but my nearest proper trails are more than 20 miles away.

I have considered an e-bike for myself and the gf. I'd love a Marin Alpine Trail E1 or a Haibike Allmtn, but skint at the moment, so maybe next year.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
MrNice (Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:29 pm)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

hey @sybarite

Yeah im no spring chicken any more lol but love riding keeps ya fit

If i ride on my own I dont go to crazy some parts of the forest no signal so hope of recovery very slim unless you can drag ya ass to a road but i know all the trails really well been saying for years of doing a night run with lights lol that cud be dodgy but fun

Damm wud i love a E Bike same as you just dont have the cash right now may be check ebay end of summer you never know pick up a bargin if you got some spare cash

Was looking at the specialized Turbo Levo but there silly money havent looked at ebikes for ages but the hail ebikes look good tho

Marin Alpine Trail E1 or a Haibike Allmtn both very nice bikes

Return to “Non Canna Realated Hobbies And Interests”