anyone on universal credit?

This is a area for non canna hobbies and interests to be discussed.
duke
Respected Member

anyone on universal credit?

Post by duke »

hi all i have an ongoing battle with dwp as my lady tina reached pension age and they stopped our e.s.a and made me change to universal credit and tina has claimed her pension but it seems impossible for them to pay me even the meager pittance they deemed im entitled to,should have been paid on the 15th march and despite multiple phone calls and wasted time using there stupid journal thing to which every time is the same answer that you will get a reply in 2 days which never comes!
now very soon our rent is due and even though it says in the u.c statement how much our rent is it seems they are not paying it to me or our landlord and it appears we are expected to pay using her pension,is this right?
obviously i have sought help via a benefits advisor from our housing association and also been to the citizens advice but it seems noone can give me a straight answer esp not anyone of the now 12 different people i have spoken to from dwp!they all just say they cannot tell me that.
so if anyone on the stupid universal credit could tell me if they give the funds to pay your rent?
see if we pay the rent it will leave a huge budget deficit if its from tinas pension and they decided my entitlement is only £270 a month and even managed to find a debt of £80 from 2005 which is clever as i was not on the dole then! :surrender:
when questioned over it they just said we have to take it.
so anyone any clue as to how this fucked up system is meant to work,dont want to be homeless again we been there and it was horrid,now it would kill both of us very quick,or is that the long term plan from the dwp? :topic: i know but im at my wits end. any advice taken,peace :wtf:
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 5):
The Aspie Toker (Sun May 01, 2022 1:55 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Sun May 01, 2022 3:25 pm) • Wrh (Sun May 01, 2022 5:22 pm) • sybarite (Sun May 01, 2022 7:39 pm) • MrNice (Sun May 01, 2022 10:05 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: anyone on universal credit?

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I wish I could help, mate. We're not on UC. We're on PIP. You're in a dire place and I don't know what to advise as you've already seen CAB.

What about a letter to your local MP? That's all I can think of atm.

Best of luck, mate.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 4):
duke (Sun May 01, 2022 1:59 pm) • Wrh (Sun May 01, 2022 5:21 pm) • sybarite (Sun May 01, 2022 7:39 pm) • Guest (Mon May 02, 2022 6:40 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:58 pm
I wish I could help, mate. We're not on UC. We're on PIP. You're in a dire place and I don't know what to advise as you've already seen CAB.

Best of luck, mate.
hi bud my tina is on pip enhanced rate and just reached pension age,yes been homeless before and do not relish the idea again,not even got the caravan to sleep in now as the h.a do not allow what they call untaxed vehicles to be parked even on our own driveway,thing is if tina pays the rent it will leave fuck all to live on or pay bills,the whole system seems to be designed as punishment for having the front to live long enough to claim a pension!
mp is next on list tuesday ours did help when the ha threatened eviction over the bedroon tax and it took the mp to get them to send a surveyor to measure the 2nd bedroom as being too small to be classed as a bedroom and reclassified the bungalow as single room,thats how i got the drobe room which is my sanity saver,well it was till all this!cheers
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 4):
Mrs Beefheart (Sun May 01, 2022 3:26 pm) • Wrh (Sun May 01, 2022 5:21 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Sun May 01, 2022 6:50 pm) • Stickylemonz (Mon May 02, 2022 6:36 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

duke wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:05 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:58 pm

Best of luck, mate.
hi bud my tina is on pip enhanced rate and just reached pension age,yes been homeless before and do not relish the idea again,not even got the caravan to sleep in now as the h.a do not allow what they call untaxed vehicles to be parked even on our own driveway,thing is if tina pays the rent it will leave fuck all to live on or pay bills,the whole system seems to be designed as punishment for having the front to live long enough to claim a pension!
mp is next on list tuesday ours did help when the ha threatened eviction over the bedroon tax and it took the mp to get them to send a surveyor to measure the 2nd bedroom as being too small to be classed as a bedroom and reclassified the bungalow as single room,thats how i got the drobe room which is my sanity saver,well it was till all this!cheers
I hope your MP can help as all the other people you've seen have proven to be useless. I am surprised CAB weren't able to sort it. They are normally good at dealing these sort of problems.

The wife and I live in a 3 bedroom place and they tried to do us for bedroom tax. We told them that we are both disabled and have our own rooms. They overturned their original decision.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
duke (Sun May 01, 2022 7:52 pm)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Hope you sort this out mate fucking shitty government is completely fucked! Had to wait over a year for my pip was fucking nightmare! Everywhere round here keeps running out of funding for like mental health etc they run out of money and completely leave you to fend for yourself there are some nice ones who work in council but to to many Fairys that work there also that are useless! I really hope you get it sorted mate!
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post:
duke (Mon May 02, 2022 6:37 pm)

Return to “Non Canna Realated Hobbies And Interests”