Quitting tobacco and combustion in general. Need help!

This is a area for non canna hobbies and interests to be discussed.
Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Re: Quitting tobacco and combustion in general. Need help!

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Hey mate, great topic. I am an ex smoker, ex spliff smoker & now ex joint/bong/combustion smoker. These days I just vape as of about 2 months ago.

I quit each one in stages and via multiple attempts. I quit smoking ciggies 12yrs ago after many attempts. The main deterrent was the price, ciggies are $38 a pack of 20 where I live which is financial madness. I went from every day, to just weekends, to just special occasions to just not at all....but i always maintained my daily spliff habit. So my addiction to nicotine and the baccy was still in full force. For me the paranoia when I got high was too much to handle in the end. My coughing got worse and worse, when i got stoned I would feel so disgusted with myself for smoking tobacco...I couldn't enjoy sessions of weed anymore.

So 7yrs ago I got my first portable vape an arizer air. It helped, but it never really cut the mustard. So I switched to just smoking weed flower via joints and bongs, it took about 10 weeks to transition, but switching to just straight flower really changed my relationship with cannabis. The high was so very different to spliffs, it took awhile to enjoy the flavor and taste the same, also the way I smoked a joint was different to a spliff. With a joint I learned to puff and bring a little extra air in with the inhale to cool the smoke so it didn't burn the hell out of my throat. I also learned to take smaller inhales at first. After time my flavor pallet to weed opened up and I could taste so much more...i tried spliffs and they would make me gag.

But after nearly 7yrs of straight smoking flower via joints and bongs....every time I smoked I would savagely cough my lungs out...this became happening all the time, even with joints. Again my high paranoia kicked in....And I started to worry about my health when I got high, which took the enjoyment out of getting blazed. So 2 months ago I did a bunch of research into the best vaping option. I ending up going with the S&B Volcano Hybrid, yes this thing is the high end and expensive....but god dam they bloody good. I have had portable and desktops in the past and they never got me as high as bongs or joints and they seemed to use more weed. But the volcano is the opposite, I seem to get even more blazed/stoned than before and I use less weed. They vapor bag option makes them kind of semi portable, will inflate a bag and smoke it while making dinner in the kitchen. Its the primary method I use now. My lungs feel much better just after 2 months, I still cough but about 70% less and not the harsh deep lung eye watering cough from a bong load.

Doing it in steps and not trying not to give up everything all at once, worked best for me. Good luck bro!
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:15 pm) • sybarite (Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:58 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:38 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Herbalist »

@Cave Hill Cole thank you for the reply. I couldnt imagine paying $38 a pack. Cigarettes have always been a 'feeling flush' purchace, i find i want another 20 minutes after whereas with the tobacco its normally every hour-ish. Even that is getting ridiculous in price £23/$30 for a 50g pouch. That would last me 3 maybe 4 days. I do love a bong but have been without for a couple years because of the kids. Trying to rip bongs in the wind and rain isnt the one.

Chuffing on the douche flut definetly helps. Im more interested in just getting away from combustion before working out the addiction to nicotine. The little herb vape does the trick, not much previous experience with vapes to compare it to anything other than a volcano bag i had once. I would love a volcano and would happily sit in my garden with a bag but as you say, they're bloody expensive. Maybe one day. Not putting any pressure on myself and not getting disheartened if i have a puff. I'm lucky as far as the paranoia goes. Only weed that makes me paranoid is cheese, but i still love it :lol:
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post:
Cave Hill Cole (Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:29 pm)
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Wise move giving up smoking and I wish you success! I gave up tobacco more than 20 years ago, then just smoked raw weed spliffs for years and found the high much nicer without nicotine, until my chest started hurting (which I later discovered wasn't due to smoking), then along came the Volcano and I got a very good deal on one from someone in the industry. That's the point when I wholeheartedly committed to vaping, went cold turkey and never looked back. The flavour was so much nicer and once I got used to not smoking I began to feel more high from vaping, but one thing I did miss with the Volcano was the feeling of my lungs being full, with a slight burning sensation, which probably sounds odd to people who never smoked. This is where I think the Dynavap may help, because if you use the air-port like a carb you can get hot, thick vapour that almost feels like smoking, but with better flavour - no burnt aftertaste like with smoking raw weed, which I now dislike very much, and it's almost shaped like a spliff. I love the Dynavap design, because they are good value, built to last a lifetime and there's a multitude of mods available. I got the Simrell Vortex stem for mine that's super effective at cooling the vapour.

I also have an attachment for 510 mod, a bit like Marcus' called a Rastabuddhatao Splinter Z, but I think the company went bust. It was pretty good, a bit like a portable Volcano, but I still prefer the Dynavap. I'm considering selling this, along with the 510 mod:

Two other friends have since bought Dynavaps and both love them. I sold my Volcano and my current desktop vape is a Cannabis Hardware Flowerpot, which is amazing, costs a small fortune and not ideal if you have small children, as it's bloody hot. Sometimes my cat walks really close to it, has a sniff and I'm like :wtf: :Shock:
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:08 am) • Marcus (Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:49 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:13 pm)

sir-scrogalot

Post by sir-scrogalot »

Iv quit smoking twice. 1st time was easy I just swapped fags for bongs. But I was young and I'll not use that for advice.

2nd time I'd been on the fags and using them in joints for about 10years , I ended up back on them when weed prices rocketed around 2005/2006 , could afford to smoke blunts anymore lol.

Anyhow I had decided I wanted to quit smoking fags , so I embarked on vaping. I bought a volcano and purposely didn't have a joint all weekend and just had balloons.

3 days later I had a joint and all I could taste was combustion, nasty , no weed flavour at all. I haven't had a fab or joint since. That was 7 years ago.

So get a volcano. Get used to way it feels on the inhale and the get used to the flavour and I promise you within 3 days you won't physically be able to inhale a spluf/fag without tasting combustion.

Now I only vape, it tastes amazing an I ran a half marathon, I no longer get out of breath going upstairs.
These users thanked the author sir-scrogalot for the post (total 5):
Tictok (Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:37 am) • Herbalist (Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:08 am) • sybarite (Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:53 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:13 pm) • Marcus (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:21 pm)
Take a look at my new blog - www.grow-life.blog

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

sybarite wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:49 pm
Wise move giving up smoking and I wish you success! I gave up tobacco more than 20 years ago, then just smoked raw weed spliffs for years and found the high much nicer without nicotine, until my chest started hurting (which I later discovered wasn't due to smoking), then along came the Volcano and I got a very good deal on one from someone in the industry. That's the point when I wholeheartedly committed to vaping, went cold turkey and never looked back. The flavour was so much nicer and once I got used to not smoking I began to feel more high from vaping, but one thing I did miss with the Volcano was the feeling of my lungs being full, with a slight burning sensation, which probably sounds odd to people who never smoked. This is where I think the Dynavap may help, because if you use the air-port like a carb you can get hot, thick vapour that almost feels like smoking, but with better flavour - no burnt aftertaste like with smoking raw weed, which I now dislike very much, and it's almost shaped like a spliff. I love the Dynavap design, because they are good value, built to last a lifetime and there's a multitude of mods available. I got the Simrell Vortex stem for mine that's super effective at cooling the vapour.

I also have an attachment for 510 mod, a bit like Marcus' called a Rastabuddhatao Splinter Z, but I think the company went bust. It was pretty good, a bit like a portable Volcano, but I still prefer the Dynavap. I'm considering selling this, along with the 510 mod:

Two other friends have since bought Dynavaps and both love them. I sold my Volcano and my current desktop vape is a Cannabis Hardware Flowerpot, which is amazing, costs a small fortune and not ideal if you have small children, as it's bloody hot. Sometimes my cat walks really close to it, has a sniff and I'm like :wtf: :Shock:
Thank you 👍🏿
I just had a look at that Flowerpot. Fancy bit of kit.
I do like the look of the dynavap but dont smoke/vape in the house because of the kids. could be a pain to carry round outside. I do most of my smoking on a walk round the block or in the garden wich is a bit of a wind trap. I have looked at a few 510 mods wich look great but they also look fragile and i can't justify the money on something I'll inevitably break, i have already broken a tank on my douche flute and cracked the glass screen. :lol: I'd like a volcano for when im in the garden but again, Price. I am getting on with the one i have so far. Its nothing fancy but it does the trick for now. i might try to find a good deal on a mighty one day.
I get what you're saying about your lungs "feeling full" i get it from the duche-flute during the day but when i get home it does feel like there is something missing when I'm on the vape.
Thanks for the reply :thanks:
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post (total 2):
sybarite (Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:00 pm) • Marcus (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:21 pm)

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

sir-scrogalot wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:30 am
Iv quit smoking twice. 1st time was easy I just swapped fags for bongs. But I was young and I'll not use that for advice.

2nd time I'd been on the fags and using them in joints for about 10years , I ended up back on them when weed prices rocketed around 2005/2006 , could afford to smoke blunts anymore lol.

Anyhow I had decided I wanted to quit smoking fags , so I embarked on vaping. I bought a volcano and purposely didn't have a joint all weekend and just had balloons.

3 days later I had a joint and all I could taste was combustion, nasty , no weed flavour at all. I haven't had a fab or joint since. That was 7 years ago.

So get a volcano. Get used to way it feels on the inhale and the get used to the flavour and I promise you within 3 days you won't physically be able to inhale a spluf/fag without tasting combustion.

Now I only vape, it tastes amazing an I ran a half marathon, I no longer get out of breath going upstairs.
I would like a volcano but i needed something portable first. I have had a few spliffs since 420 and the taste is just rank after being on the vape for a single day. Getting there, still having my morning roll up though.
Thanks for the reply 👍🏿
sybarite (Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:00 pm) • Marcus (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:21 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Herbalist wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:15 pm
Thank you 👍🏿
I just had a look at that Flowerpot. Fancy bit of kit.
I do like the look of the dynavap but dont smoke/vape in the house because of the kids. could be a pain to carry round outside. I do most of my smoking on a walk round the block or in the garden wich is a bit of a wind trap. I have looked at a few 510 mods wich look great but they also look fragile and i can't justify the money on something I'll inevitably break, i have already broken a tank on my douche flute and cracked the glass screen. :lol: I'd like a volcano for when im in the garden but again, Price. I am getting on with the one i have so far. Its nothing fancy but it does the trick for now. i might try to find a good deal on a mighty one day.
I get what you're saying about your lungs "feeling full" i get it from the duche-flute during the day but when i get home it does feel like there is something missing when I'm on the vape.
Thanks for the reply :thanks:
My pleasure!

Wind is an issue with the Dynavap - it can combust, probably because the wind is constantly cooling the cap on the outside as you try to heat it, but the inside is still getting very hot, so it takes longer for the cap to click, causing the contents to combust. One solution would be an induction heater.

Duche-flute? Didn't The Beach Boys write a song about that?:

These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:52 am) • Marcus (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:21 pm)

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

:lol:
sybarite (Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:57 pm) • Marcus (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:22 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

sybarite wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:49 pm

Sybarite, what flowerpot kit have you got?

I nearly punted for a VROD the other day but the wife pulled a face that made me not buy one. :strangling:

How do you like it?

PS - I also have a splinter, not the Z, always tasted a bit funny to me. How much would you want for that one (just out of interest)?
I quite like the little stubby stem on the right. :running-around:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:26 pm) • sybarite (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:32 pm)

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:25 pm
the wife pulled a face that made me not buy one. :strangling:
Mine has that as her resting look :lol: normally car parts.
Marcus (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:30 pm) • sybarite (Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:32 pm)

Return to “Non Canna Realated Hobbies And Interests”