Quitting tobacco and combustion in general. Need help!

This is a area for non canna hobbies and interests to be discussed.
Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Quitting tobacco and combustion in general. Need help!

Post by Herbalist »

FX wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:59 pm
You really don't need as much bud when you vape it, I would say it goes nearly twice as far, my dosing capsules only hold 0.15-0.25g but it's easily enough for a good hit.... Then you can make stuff out of the avb left over....
The making stuff from ABV was probably the biggest thing that convinced the wife.
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Ok so i successfully packed in smoking cigs about 5 years ago and never started again. One thing that never ever worked for me was substitution. I'm going to say I didnt want to give up or continue, I spent about a year telling myself I was a non smoker and that it was just something I happened to do. I meditated on that and harked back to a time when I didnt smoke and didn't feel the need to do so (childhood) and used that to tie not smoking to a happy feeling. One day I ran out of baccy but kind of planned it that way but didnt tell myself that, stood there smoking that last roll up. Went to take it out of my mouth, it stuck to my lip, pulled the cherry off between my two fingers and burnt them, it fell off my lip and landed in a puddle. Done finished. Some days I'm still a smoker, just havnt had one in 5 years. Some days I never was a smoker, it was just something I did. You don't need help mate, if you need help you've got a problem. You haven't got a problem, you just need to tell yourself that, believe it and become indifferent. If you don't mind it don't matter. If in doubt convince yourself of the lie and brainwash yourself. I do it all the time
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 5):
Herbalist (Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:34 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:52 pm) • Greenfingers (Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:12 pm) • Tictok (Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:54 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat May 07, 2022 12:27 pm)

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

I dig the way you view things @Nom kinda fallen out of the meditation habit the last few months. Will whoosaahh on it later 😉
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post:
Jayme Ream (Sat May 07, 2022 12:27 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

By medidtate i think i meant thought about it whilst sleeping. The best programming always happens whilst in a sleep state

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

When i sleep its like a switch. Off until im awake. Can't remember having a dream for at least 10 years. I do meditate every now and then, probably not as much as i should. Used to be 30 minutes i woke up but lately its been 10 minutes every other day.

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

I don't do tobacco,only herb but I looked into vaporizers.i went with a tabletop,airizer v-tower.no fan only direct draw for home,was only $89us .I still do joints when out tho but saves lungs at home,
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
Herbalist (Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:18 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Hi Herbalist,

Giving up smoking took me a few attempts, the thing that made it stick for me was conditioning myself to hate the smell of people smoking.
I think I achieved it by thinking, "Lucky bastards are having a fag and I can't"... after 3 weeks that was turned into me feeling sick when I walked past a smoker in the street. 18 years ago that was. I still hate smelling the things. Can't believe I ever smoked... Bit of a silly habit really.

SMOKERS ARE JOKERS!!!

(good luck though, you got this!)

With vapes, I'd recommend working out how you'll best use it?

That for me would be the difference between an on demand vape and a session vape.

Do you want to just hit it and pop it in your pocket till the next hit, or want to sit chugging away for 5 mins on a bowl? On demand vs session.

I'm not a fan of the Mighty, like most folks in this thread are, it's an expensive plastic paperweight in my house. I got it back in 2014 when 1st released and it's barely seen the light of day.
There are cheaper and better vapes out there now for me.
I like glass airways and cooling, not plastic.
I like my on demand vapes more than my session ones, still use my session ones every now and again, but always go back to the on demand.

Working all that out has cost me money buying vapes over the years, but I have my endgame now and won;t be going back.

Again, good luck dude... It's a rabbit hole and all personal preference at the end of the day.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 4):
Herbalist (Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:19 pm) • Nom (Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:22 pm) • Tictok (Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:57 pm) • sybarite (Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:22 pm)

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

Thank you @Marcus.
I'm quite happy to just pull it out for a few puffs and be done but it would be nice to have something that can hold a decent amount when friends are over. Like a hookah but vape would be cool. What do you use as your on demand rig?
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:38 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sat May 07, 2022 12:29 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Herbalist wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:33 pm
Thank you @Marcus.
I'm quite happy to just pull it out for a few puffs and be done but it would be nice to have something that can hold a decent amount when friends are over. Like a hookah but vape would be cool. What do you use as your on demand rig?
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.
This is my daily driver... https://greendream.shop/Dreamwood-Glow- ... uia-Ltd/en

It goes on a 510 mod (them battery things that the children who grew up to be bubblegum clouds use).

I have a few portables...

I'd grab a table top vape for when pals come around. My table top vape is the Silver surfer...

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/7th ... vaporizers It's one of them, the Da Buddha is just as good and cheaper.
I own their LSV (Life Saber Vape) too. That is great on the bong.

As JJ said above too, the Arizer V tower is a cracking vape. I gifted mine to someone a while back and always regretted it, I may grab another on April 20th if there's some money off.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 5):
Herbalist (Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:18 pm) • GMO (Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:44 am) • Tictok (Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:58 pm) • Guest (Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:01 am) • sybarite (Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:14 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

PS, I;d say smaller bowls are better, when it's the next person's hit, they just load themselves a fresh bowl and they get all the terps from a fresh hit.

Otherwise, the 1st person will strip the bowl of that lovely terpy 1st few hits hit and then everyone else is tooting on bland plant matter.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:18 pm) • GMO (Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:44 am) • Tictok (Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:58 pm)

Return to “Non Canna Realated Hobbies And Interests”