sussex pet rescue fundraiser

This is a area for non canna hobbies and interests to be discussed.
duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Post by duke » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:08 pm

hi all!
well as many of you who know me will be aware i try and help the good people at sussex pet rescue by fundraising and have done so for several years over on tgc and between myself and members helping we raised several hundreds of pounds for spr ,
there are many reasons this charity deserves help,amongst them are these,

firstly spr not only rescue and rehome dogs but unlike some of the larger charities they help with ongoing vet care for rehomed animals whos owners love there dogs but cannot for whatever reason afford vet bills or insurance wont cover.(or like us at one time are homeless or live in area not covered by pdsa or other)

they make more difference than any dog charity.
THEY DO NOT TRY AND TAKE YOUR DOG FROM YOU :idn: :ak: like some i could name.
without them we would not have the wonderful mr fugly(the big guy in pics) who we rescued along with spr, and have had major veterinary bills for surgery to correct his eyes from having inturned eyelids and very little sight this would have been impossible without there help.
they also helped with ongoing vet care inc more corrective surgery and a facelift to restore fuglys sight,above and beyond for the love of dogs and not profit.

i physically am not capable of much in the way of practical help due to ill health, though still will help out if im needed .
but being as i know lots of you good people own and love your various pets and many of you likely already support one or more charities.
but if i could ask anyone who can afford a few quid to donate to such a real good cause and worthy of as much support as we can muster.

the link here will take you to the website were you can donate as little or as much as you like. theres a paypal option and as sussex pet rescue is a registered charity you can be sure all donations go to helping rescued dogs for the rest of there lives.
both these two monsters been saved/veterinary care by spr many times as said theres no pdsa cover where we live so spr are quite honestly a lifeline so any help you good folks can give would be a godsend as spr like many have found themselves dealing with a lot of abused and abandoned pets and little possible avenues for fundraising due to the covid,thanks all
:rock: :Stoned:
https://sussexpetrescue.org
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
GMO (Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:09 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to donation thread https://www.t-g-c.nl/forum/index.php/to ... et-rescue/
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:47 am) • Ash (Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:53 pm) • Greenfingers (Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:14 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Re: sussex pet rescue fundraiser

Post by Treetrunk »

The rescue charities do some fantastic work. Don't fund puppy farms.
Rescue dogs are the best :rock: Image
Love my dogs. Keep up the good work @duke :clap:
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post:
duke (Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:27 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

hi all well its been a shitey few days for our little gizmo i was walking him sunday morning all as normal then all of a sudden he has yelped and jumped like he had just been shot and was shaking like a leaf and holding up his left rear leg.
so this morning he been to the emergency vets and had xray and it seems out of the blue his ligement in his knee has broken,not fractured or torn but broken so £377 bill and he has to have 6 weeks cage rest and hope and pray it gets better or it means a over £3000 bill we could not possibly afford,
so we shall again be having to ask for help from sussex pet rescue so if i could ask anyone who has a couple of quid to spare to please click the link in my sig and donate whatever you can spare,that way along with our personal donation i will not feel so bad asking them once again for help,cheers all and god bless the mutts :i agree: Image
how can anyone say no to this?just to cute :oik!: :i agree: :bye:
Keeno (Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:29 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Sorry to hear about the dogs injury @duke. I'm a dog lover and I think it's a great cause you stand behind, fair play mate.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
duke (Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:35 pm) • Treetrunk (Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:37 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Keeno wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:34 pm
Sorry to hear about the dogs injury @duke. I'm a dog lover and I think it's a great cause you stand behind, fair play mate.
cheers keeno i should just say sussex pet rescue are a registered charity and they take paypal so easy to donate anytime and if even a few donate it soon adds up :bye:
Keeno (Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:45 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

hi all im looking for help!please if anyone reading knows more about crowd funding we need to raise around £1500 for gizmo as he needs an operation on his cruciate ligament or he will loose the use entirely of his back legs.
atm sussex pet rescue have not got the funds to pay for it in full due to this godamn corona virus pandemic nearly all the normal avenues of fundraising have been impossible to carry out so myself and others have been doing what we can to get donations including the forums and usual haunts but not getting very far or many donations.
due to our previous experience going to the rspca for help and them telling tina as she could not afford to pay a vet for treatment the only option was to sign over mrfugly to them for rehoming (all this time fugly is bleeding from a severed artery) so she is scared this will happen with gizmo and she is in tears over it,
so ive seen folk raising big sums on tv news etc using this crowdfunding lark but im an old fart not greatly computer world savvy so please if anyone can help either by donating to sussex pet rescue or with sorting out a crowdfunding scheme id be forever grateful.
i do have a facebook account but no idea how it all works! :idn:
if i do not come up with something i shall have to sell my car or my body(not sure which is worth more) a 30 yr old restored volvo 855 or a 57 yr old hippy! but its took me 2 yrs work on the car and be such a sad loss but if thats what it needs i shall. :sad:
thanks for any help :i agree:
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:44 pm) • Marcus (Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:59 pm) • Greenfingers (Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:15 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Shit news duke. sorry i can`t help out.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
duke (Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:56 pm) • Greenfingers (Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:15 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Sorry to hear Duke, my old JRT did exactly what you described Gizmo as doing once, we took him to the vet and it was a luxating patella apparently.

Can you see a different vet for another opinion?

I know nothing about crowdfunding, sorry man. Hope you can get it sorted though.

Best wishes dude, tickle his ears from me.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:15 pm) • duke (Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:27 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

hi all just a subtle bump and request for anyone who can afford to donate a few quid towards helping sussex pet rescue to help more pets in need as said inmy op the corona virus has wiped out 90% of our fundraising events leaving us in dire straits finances stretched to breaking point,these people work hard to help far more than bigger better funded charities i could mention so any help would be good,easy to donate via paypal and done in seconds,thanksImageImage
my 2 mutts both rescued and helped by sussex pet rescue :bye:
Herbalist (Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:58 am)

Return to “Non Canna Realated Hobbies And Interests”