Phresh Hyper Fan Stealth - 6" Extraction Fan

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Minty
Respected Member

Phresh Hyper Fan Stealth - 6" Extraction Fan

Post by Minty »

Quick review of the Hyper Fan Stealth by Phresh:-
image.png
The 6" Hyper fans use an digital EC motor and comes with a small rotary speed controller and about 5 meters of cable although this is detachable and external controllers can be used (via an adaptor). It's probably worth pointing out that the slowest the fan can run is at 35% but this works out fine for me. The fans use an EC motor (9 pole) they are very efficient (0.042 kw/h x 24 hr x 365 days = 367.92 kw/h per year) which is something I wanted for a fan that basically runs 24/7. While efficiency is important, growing in a loft directly above my bedroom meant that noise levels are even more important and the Hyper Fan Stealth does not disappoint here with the actual sound of the air moving in the ducting being the only audible sound it seems to emit.

It is a reasonable large fan at 10 x 10 x 22 inches but I fitted it externally above the tent so was not a problem:-

Performance wise the 6" Hyper Fan moves about 560 m3/hr and literally sucks the sides of the tent in. Sticking on a carbon filter does not seem to bother the fan in the slightest. The only downside for me is that they are not available in a 4" version as I currently run a 6" extract and a 4" intake but the actual roof outlets are only 4" so I had to adapt the 6" down to a 4". Larger sizes are available (and I bet a 10" one ROCKS):-
  • 6" 150mm - 10 x 10 x 22 inches
  • ​​​​​​ 8" 200mm - 12 x 12 x 29 inches
    ​​​​​
  • 10" 250mm - 14 x 14 x 35 inches
Overall, I am really impressed with the Hyper Fan Stealth with the largest downside being the price. These are not cheap and while there are cheaper knock offs available these do not have the benefits of the EC fan motor and would probably not have the same build quality of the Phresh original.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 4):
TTL (Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:22 am) • Nom (Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:02 pm) • Keeno (Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:49 am) • Nanook (Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:32 pm)

TTL
Known User

Re: Phresh Hyper Fan Stealth - 6" Extraction Fan

Post by TTL »

Minty, I need to give you a list of grow items to get and review for me, so I can decide whether or not to get them. Ha. I like your write ups and whatnot on equipment.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post (total 2):
Minty (Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 am) • Keeno (Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:50 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Thanks @TTL, the way I see is that it is all content that will be around for a while so might as well make an effort. If it helps someone later on then all good. It's off course only my opinion and people should do their own research if thinking about spending over £200 on a fan!
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 2):
TTL (Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:34 am) • Keeno (Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:50 am)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Great review.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Minty (Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:40 am)

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

Oh for sure, they should definitely do their own research. But, sometimes you’re down to those two and it’s just sort of a coin flip. Those are the times when a solid review with some specs and an honest opinion, not fanboy or they received the item for free, can really help swing the decision for me. I’m still trying to find some decent ones for the lights I’m looking at, but getting people’s opinion on lights is a nightmare. Ha.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
Minty (Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:40 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

TTL wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 am
but getting people’s opinion on lights is a nightmare
Get your advice from Rich or Kev over at @Invisible Sun - they know how to make a light ;o)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

A Minty write up at its finest. Very nice mate. Ive been looking at the ec fans. I saw a vid a year or so ago from systematic saying all ac fans were being fazed out by this year or next. Ive not checked on it since. We will all be buying expensive etc fans if its the case. Thank you for the review.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Minty (Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:04 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Keeno wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 am
I saw a vid a year or so ago from systematic saying all ac fans were being fazed out by this year or next.
I doubt that is true mate, but if you do the maths sometimes spending a little extra of the EC fan will pay for itself in terms of electricity used vs performance so if you are in for the long haul it might be worth the additional cost. As my original review states it was mostly a purchase to combat noise which is kinda fucked now as I also have a cheap AC fan up there making a load of fucking noise and eating all my electric lol. Hence why I wish they made a 4" stealth version...

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Minty wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:07 am
Keeno wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 am
I saw a vid a year or so ago from systematic saying all ac fans were being fazed out by this year or next.
I doubt that is true mate, but if you do the maths sometimes spending a little extra of the EC fan will pay for itself in terms of electricity used vs performance so if you are in for the long haul it might be worth the additional cost. As my original review states it was mostly a purchase to combat noise which is kinda fucked now as I also have a cheap AC fan up there making a load of fucking noise and eating all my electric lol. Hence why I wish they made a 4" stealth version...
https://youtu.be/JBYN6vWcLY8

Thats the vid from one stop hydro. Lot of info on ac v ec and about the old style fans bring fazed out. Would be a shame if true as the systemair rvk are bomb proof.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Minty (Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:00 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Have you ever used an RVK or RUK type fan @Minty im just wondering noise comparison, i think these should be quieter but not sure tbh ?
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Product reviews”