bluelab ec and ph meter

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
bigbadbillybob
Known User

bluelab ec and ph meter

Post by bigbadbillybob »

hello, heres my review on bluelab ec truncheon and ph pen.

Now when i started growing i got those cheapo ph and ec pens off ebay, from the land of the rising sun.
they worked ok, but sometimes when i calibrated them, they were a fair whack off.
i got to not trusting them..but it didnt matter, they were relieved from my possesion (less said the better).
After a while i got another unbranded truncheon for my next run. it was the biggest pile of shyte ive ever used, and resulted in a ruined crop, as it was reading 0.6 over what the ec actually was.

So fuggit, lets just get a decent one.
there can be only on, and its Bluelab, and its the bollox, it works every time, is still on its original battery after 4 years, and works flawlessly. when i calibrate it, not as often as i used to, it normally about 0.1EC out, if that.
I also bought the bluelab ph pen. its got a little bit of sponge in the cap to keep the probe moist, great idea. it too keeps calibration and is rarely out.

these 2 bits of kit are essential for me, growing hydro, and i trust them.
they wont let you down.

yes they are expensive, but in this case, you get what you pay for.

BUY ONE.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post (total 9):
Joshuaarr420 (Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:40 pm) • Keeno (Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:44 pm) • TTL (Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:48 pm) • chronicthehemphog (Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:11 am) • Minty (Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:34 am) • Guest (Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:04 am) • potentcheesydick (Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:51 pm) • Nanook (Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:48 pm) • slimsantana (Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:51 pm)

Joshuaarr420

Re: bluelab ec and ph meter

Post by Joshuaarr420 »

awesome bbbb i need to invest in a decent one myself if im honest 😁👊🏻
These users thanked the author Joshuaarr420 for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:41 pm)

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

yeah the cheapos are too much of a hit and miss, some are good and last well, others are more unstable than my ex wife, so the best thing to do is just shell out on some quality.. bluelab are quality.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post (total 2):
Joshuaarr420 (Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 pm) • chronicthehemphog (Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:10 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Always wanted one of these, nice review BBBB.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 pm)

Joshuaarr420

Post by Joshuaarr420 »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:43 pm
yeah the cheapos are too much of a hit and miss, some are good and last well, others are more unstable than my ex wife, so the best thing to do is just shell out on some quality.. bluelab are quality.
Yes for sure mate its when i can get around to affording one of these pricey pieces of kit 🤣 so many nice things i want so little money but so much time 🤣im to high
These users thanked the author Joshuaarr420 for the post:

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

Can’t wait to get to set my Guardian Connect deal up and use it. BlueLab seems to be the way to go.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Nice review @bigbadbillybob, I keep looking at the Blue Labs as 'most' people give them a good review. If you could only use either the Pen or the truncheon which would you go with ?
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:42 pm)

Post by Guest »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:27 pm
hello, heres my review on bluelab ec truncheon and ph pen.

Now when i started growing i got those cheapo ph and ec pens off ebay, from the land of the rising sun.
they worked ok, but sometimes when i calibrated them, they were a fair whack off.
i got to not trusting them..but it didnt matter, they were relieved from my possesion (less said the better).
After a while i got another unbranded truncheon for my next run. it was the biggest pile of shyte ive ever used, and resulted in a ruined crop, as it was reading 0.6 over what the ec actually was.

So fuggit, lets just get a decent one.
there can be only on, and its Bluelab, and its the bollox, it works every time, is still on its original battery after 4 years, and works flawlessly. when i calibrate it, not as often as i used to, it normally about 0.1EC out, if that.
I also bought the bluelab ph pen. its got a little bit of sponge in the cap to keep the probe moist, great idea. it too keeps calibration and is rarely out.

these 2 bits of kit are essential for me, growing hydro, and i trust them.
they wont let you down.

yes they are expensive, but in this case, you get what you pay for.

BUY ONE.
Thanks for this.

I am now going to wait until I have the money to invest more in this. I still PH even in organics. I still thinks its important to make optimal environment for the plants and medium.

I am on my 2nd cheap one. Which needs calibration again actually, maybe I'll do it tonight to check.

The draw back I think, is it takes far too long for the cheap pens to settle onto its final reading. It becomes a skill just taking the PH.

Blue Labs also do a good soil PH pen too, specially to dip into the top of your medium. I definitely want one of those! Now that would make a big difference in optimising the mediums potential for the plants uptake.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

Minty wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:37 am
Nice review @bigbadbillybob, I keep looking at the Blue Labs as 'most' people give them a good review. If you could only use either the Pen or the truncheon which would you go with ?
id go with the ph pen, and the ec truncheon.
why drive blindfold?
#
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
Minty (Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:09 pm)

slimsantana

Post by slimsantana »

thats one thing i need to get is a decent ph meter have 4 of the shit ones only sort of trust if they all read the same pain in the arse to calibrate as well
These users thanked the author slimsantana for the post:
Minty (Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:10 pm)

Return to “Product reviews”