Rhino Pro Carbon Filter Review

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

This won't be one of my upbeat reviews. I've used Rhino Pro filters for years with no issues. Unfortunately the last 2 years have changed my opinion on what was a bomb proof carbon filter. I got one 2 years ago and that developed a leak in under a year. Thinking I'd just been unlucky I bought myself 2 rhino pro filters when I moved and both failed on me within a year. Around the time of the first filter failing 2 other growers had the same thing happen. Whatever is the cause the bomb proof Rhino Pro filters seem to have changed. I will no longer be using them.

Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Rhino Pro Carbon Filter Review

Post by Nanook »

Same, major issues now.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I keep hearing this all over, the older models were far better I wouldn’t touch rhino now. Viper filters for me all day
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

That's a shame bro. I've been using 8 and 6 inch vivosun filters, cheap but no issues for almost 2 years now

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Candyman
Has thanked: 0

Post by Candyman »

I seen a photo that a hydro shop posted of a delivery of rhino pro
He could shine a torch all way through it as the filter was only half full of carbon and when standing up you could see through the top half
Phresh filters for the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

They got bought out by Nutriculture I think. Used to be a quality product but the quality has slipped over the last 5 or so years. They shipped out a load of filters to a grow shop I know and you could see sunlight through the top. They then replaced them blaming a faulty shaker plate and sent another load of faulty batch lol a couple of growshops now refuse to sell them.

Can have always been reliable but crude, mountain air are awesome. I'm using a carboair filter and I can't fault it. Although I've not had it a year yet.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I 'd agree with everyone above. Last of my two Rhino Pro filters failed me big time. It's a no no buy for me.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I can`t comment on newer ones but i was sure gonna be buying one again when current filter is fucked up. My Rhino filters always ran for 2 years more or less constantly before i replaced them and they still had legs for a few more grows but im careful myself unlike my mate who gets the old ones to use. Ive never used anything else but Rhino except this grow, but i was pretty sure i`d be buiying Rhino again next grow, i`m not saying the other brand i bought is crap either cus it`s working fine but only first grow, but it just looks more cheaply made and alot smaller and a bit Chinesey to my eyes. Ive never heard anyone rip into Rhino filters about poor quality tbh only on here. :)

Why would they be poor quality over previous not so popor quality, if i was a betting man i`d say they use same stuff and machines to make them as they have always. :)

After reading all posts in this thread though you`ve got me thinking on it again, i need to check them out for myself i think, maybe i`ll take me torch down grow shop next time to see if i can see light and if i can i`ll buy summink else.:)

Has anyone ran a Viper filter for 2 years or lets say 6 or 7 grows yet ? Interested to know what longevity they have in them. Cheers guys. :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:31 pm
Has anyone ran a Viper filter for 2 years or lets say 6 or 7 grows yet ? Interested to know what longevity they have in them. Cheers guys. :)
I've run mine for 1 y 6 months when I noticed slight leak on the outlet. That filter has been used only with flowering/drying plants too, so heavy duty use. I've grown Exodus CHeese and Chiesel with it ..which are quite famous for being able to kill a filter :) I am very happy with the quality of the vipers to be honest. I was very happy with my first rhino pro filter, which lasted about the same. But then my second one, leaked on grow number 2.
I don't remember in which magazine but they were testing 20 carbon filters. Rhino Pro came out 17th.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Viper for me 100%

Return to “Product reviews”