Storz & Bickle Venty Vaporizer

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Storz & Bickle Venty Vaporizer

Post by seymore_budz »

Hello GR420,

I've decided to invest in the new Storz & Bickle Venty and wanted to share my thoughts in this review.

The Good:

Excellent heat-up time (~20 seconds): The Venty heats up incredibly quickly, making it ideal for on-the-go use.

Clean vapor with lots of flavor: The new heating unit consistently delivers flavorful and smooth vapor, surpassing the performance of the Mighty and Mighty+. This is all down to the new heating unit that has a flow sensor built in. The unit will adjust the power based on how hard you pull on the device and ensure the temperature stays consistent.

Unreal airflow: The Venty's adjustable airflow allows for personalized vaping experiences, ranging from delicate to robust draws. It's hard to believe that all that air is passing through the flower :)

Ergonomic design: Despite some initial criticism, the Venty's ergonomic design makes it comfortable to hold and use, even for extended periods. Yes, it's ugly; ugly but practical and ergonomically sound.

Slick webapp: The Venty's accompanying webapp provides a user-friendly interface for managing settings, including battery preservation, LED luminance, and more. This also allows Storz & Bickle to send out firmware updates OTA. Something not possible with the Mighty or Mighty+

The Bad:

Exorbitant price: The Venty's high price tag is a major drawback, especially considering the absence of some accessories, such as the filling station, dosing capsules, and grinder.

Limited packaging contents: The Venty's box includes only the vaporizer itself, a few spare gauge and seals, a USB-C cable, and a cleaning brush. Not great for £400!

Missing pick tool insert: The absence of a dedicated pick tool insert in the vape itself is an inconvenience. I tend to use that pick daily. I'm sure to lose it if I have to carry ot about separately.

Proprietary components: The replacement seals and proprietary gauge in the cooling chamber are exclusively available from Storz & Bickle, raising the cost of maintenance. That being said, the square gauze can be easily cleaned with isopropyl and if handled gentile, should last for years. The seals on the other hand go a bit weird after being soaked, so you will need to change them at some point.

Slightly faster battery consumption: Despite larger batteries, the higher wattage heating chamber consumes power slightly faster than the Mighty+. Its not loads. But noticeable.

The Conclusion:

Despite its drawbacks, the Storz & Bickle Venty sets a new standard for portable vaporizers, offering exceptional performance and user experience. While the high price and limited packaging contents are notable concerns, the Venty's overall quality and innovation make it a compelling option for discerning vapor enthusiasts. If you're looking for the best vaporizer on the market and price isn't a problem, get a Venty. You won't be disappointed.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 4):
Grumpy Toad (Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:57 pm) • biosynthetic (Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:02 pm) • Keeno (Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:39 pm) • anova.330 (Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:28 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Re: Storz & Bickle Venty Vaporizer

Post by Grumpy Toad »

I'm getting close......just a good lotto scratcher away.
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post:
seymore_budz (Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:59 pm)
Birthplace: Earth
Race: Human
Politics: Freedom
Religion: Love

Wabi-Sabi Garden

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Grumpy Toad wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:57 pm
I'm getting close......just a good lotto scratcher away.
You'll have to ask Father Christmas :) TBH, mine was a present from my missus and mother-in-law. I would have still splashed out though.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Grumpy Toad (Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:17 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Hello GR420,

So, the Venty has gone wrong already! Started getting E04 on the screen randomly then the vape would turn off. This has manifested into the unit becoming unusable. I reported the issue two days ago, but not had a reply yet.

A little disconcerting considering this sounds like the issue they were trying to address with the recent recall. I'll keep you all posted, but currently, I'm stuck with a £400 brick.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 4):
Grumpy Toad (Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:38 pm) • HRH (Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:18 am) • biosynthetic (Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:05 pm) • anova.330 (Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:29 pm)

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

That sucks....I've been in a spiral of shitty customer service for the last two months. Getting hard to blame everything on Covid anymore. LOL
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post:
seymore_budz (Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:45 am)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

I thought S&B was bloody brilliant when i had a problem with one of my vapes, It all got sorted in less than a week with NO cost to me.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Greenfingers wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:25 am
I thought S&B was bloody brilliant when i had a problem with one of my vapes, It all got sorted in less than a week with NO cost to me.
I've had to return two of mine in the past. Both times they were great. Very fast and replaced the unit both times. This time however the response hasn't been so fast. Took them three days to register the warranty, then replied to say that I need to dead with the retailer.

It's a shame because the device is great when it works. Going back to my mighty+ sucks because the Venty is much better in every way. I doubt I will have a replacement now until January.

If there wasn't all this who-ha about the recall, I'd probably wouldn't be so pissed off, but the fact that the recall was meant to address the issue, but here I am with a brand-new, unfunctioning unit. Let's hope they make this right. If not, I'll return for a full refund with the retailer and go for something else.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
wutang (Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:31 pm) • biosynthetic (Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:06 pm) • Greenfingers (Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:53 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Oh well, Storz and Bickel were less than helpful, removed the device from my account and have refused to do anything about it. They're saying it's the retailers problem.

I've initiated a return for a full refund. S&B have really let me down on this one and we're very quick to pass the buck and seem like they don't give a shit. The whole experience has put me off their products and I'm sorry to say that I'm no longer going to recommend this product to anyone. Judging by the initial reviews on the Internet, I'm not the only one to experience their lack in customer services. I've read reviews where people have had the same experience with broken units and waiting weeks for replacements. There seem to be quite a lot of broken devices out there already. Considering they're out of stock everywhere suggests a large number of these units are having issues. On top of that, others cannot get spares like replacement seals and gauge. Storz and Bickel have really fucked this one up :lol:

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

seymore_budz wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:54 am
Greenfingers wrote:
I've had to return two of mine in the past. Both times they were great. Very fast and replaced the unit both times. This time however the response hasn't been so fast. Took them three days to register the warranty, then replied to say that I need to dead with the retailer.

It's a shame because the device is great when it works. Going back to my mighty+ sucks because the Venty is much better in every way. I doubt I will have a replacement now until January.

If there wasn't all this who-ha about the recall, I'd probably wouldn't be so pissed off, but the fact that the recall was meant to address the issue, but here I am with a brand-new, unfunctioning unit. Let's hope they make this right. If not, I'll return for a full refund with the retailer and go for something else.
Well i hope they get you sorted mate, I love both my mighty+ and volcano, It would be a real shame if they start lacking :roll eyes:

Merry Christmas

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Greenfingers wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:08 pm
seymore_budz wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:54 am
Greenfingers wrote:

Well i hope they get you sorted mate, I love both my mighty+ and volcano, It would be a real shame if they start lacking :roll eyes:

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas mate! Na, I'm done with the back and forth. The retailer must be having the same issue as me. I'm going to take a guess that's why they just offered a cash refund in the end. S&B seems as if they're doing everything to make the return as difficult as possible. More than likely because they know they can lean on the retailer as its less than 14 days since I purchased the unit. Classic case of passing the buck. I'm guessing that's because they're probably inundated with returns :lol:

Return to “Product reviews”