Pollen extractor with 2 drums

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Vador
Known User

Pollen extractor with 2 drums

Post by Vador »

Pollen extractor

Ive been looking at pollen extractors from pollenextractor.com for a little while now, there are others out there at a higher price point but something about this company kept me coming back to their website. Much to my disappointment one day i looked and all the drums have gone from being round to being square shaped and i was a bit put off by the new shape so didnt get one in the end.
About a week ago I decided to have another look on the site and what do you know they have started selling round drums again, and they are stainless. Decided to bite the bullet and ordered one up.

Like all of my reviews id just like to say that i paid for this with my own money and have no affiliation with the company so any views are my own so take them with a pinch of salt.

So here is a link to the Pollen Extractor that i got.
It cost £128.04 with free shipping and comes with two different micron drums, power cable, instructions and a little joint making kit.

First impressions- did i really just pay 130 quid for this.
After a days use im quite happy with it though, its been running on and off all day and has sifted through 325g of trim which was a mixture of fan leaves and sugar leaves, that rewarded me with this nice bit of kief which ive pressed into hash. I only used the 150 micron filter.

The machine was smaller than expected, I placed it inside a plastic container with a lid to keep dog hairs and dust out while operating, also laid a sheet of parchment paper on the collection tray to make collection of heads easier.
For the record the ruler in the photo above says shatterproof, well I got shatter on it and it was sticky af.

The machine is quite well designed though

the lid of the drum sits on the motor which turns the drum

95% of the machine is 3d printed, i must admit they are some good quality prints and there is only one bit of delamination on one of the drums which isnt a problem just needs a dab of super glue to stop it getting worse. 3d prints are normally pretty strong but they can be broken fairly easily due to the way the plastic is layered, that being said I’ve got prints that are over 3 years old that still work fine today so ive got hope for this little machine.
The motor is a little brushed motor that i suspect is used for those little rock tumblers but im not sure. It comes with a choice of Plugs:
European
American
English
Australian

The machine comes with a little storage pouch to keep it all in but is too small for the drums unfortunately. I ordered mine with 2 drums and you get a choice on what size mesh you get.

Mesh sizes:
180 & 150 microns
150 & 120 microns
120 & 109 microns
Or message for choice

It wasnt a cheap investment for what it is but at the end of the day im on a quest to cut down on solvent use, it would have took me probably 5L of iso to process all that trim so as long as this machine lasts maybe ten grows then it should have covered the cost of solvents. The return probably isnt as good, some of the trim still looks a bit frosty but you get to the point where plant material is coming through as well so ive been stopping there.

The 3d printed joint making kit is a bit pointless tbh, not something ill be using, although i have tested it and it does work, alright for someone that cant roll i guess. i would rather not got that and knock £10 off the price.

Conclusion:
All in all there are better quality machines out there but at a higher price point, if after reading this you still want one then go for it its a good bit of kit but just know there are better ones out there. Although the shipping is free and they ship from France, shipping cost 20 something euro so that bumps the cost up, its basically a £100 unit if you knock off shipping and the joint rolling kit.
id say your options are:
  • Buy one of these but be gentle with it and it should hopefully last quite well.
  • If you can afford it buy a more expensive, better quality unit.
  • If you have access to a 3d printer you could make your own much cheaper.
ive finished using the machine for now but intend to use it every grow now so I will keep you updated along the way.
For your convenience here is all the information ripped straight from the website.
MORE INFO

x2 stainless-steel mesh filters PollenExtractor
Reference: 2PEK
Condition: New product
Pollen Extractor Double Filter
2 Stainless-steel mesh Filters Included
A larger choice of micron filters!
Sized for the home grower!
Demountable, easy transport & cleaning!
Shipping included :)

When you want to grow and enjoy your special medicinal plants, you also want a special way to have them extracted and to make your home growing experience simpler and more efficient.

That’s why we have developed a simple Pollen Extractor Machine Kit – a quick, highly economical and very powerful device that allows you to separate:

* the pollen to cross breed different flower varieties
* the pollen to increase plant, vegetable and/or fruit productivity
* the resin/pollen from the plant material for medicinal use
* the plant material for aromatherapy

The unit is 95% 3D printed by us with INGEO 4043D PLA+ certified ROHS/REACH et FDA from Arianeplast France. We use this material as it is safe, constant quality, more ecological & made to order for less waste & transport ;) – sized and designed to support both a lightweight or a very intensive use by home growers.

Making the most of your growing and enjoyment experience with your special medicinal plants has just become easier than ever. The special Pollen Extracting Machine that we’re offering you features:

* a unique kit for easy storage.
* a choice of nylon micron meshes available so you may choose your preferred micron quality.
* a variable speed switch that allows you to change rotation speeds easily – according to your needs. Plus a simple manual brake to adjust the rotations.
* a simple cleaning that allows you to extract pollen and separate plant material over and over again
* an adapter to suit your wall/country socket type

If you take your special plant home growing and enjoyment experience seriously and want to make it as great as it should be, get the Pollen Extractor Machine that will take your experience to the next level.

The units work with 12volts when plugged into a regulated power source.
Our product is a small sized machine tumbler designed for the home grower to refine some end product.

The drum is 14.5cm( 5.7inches) in width & height by 15.5cm(6.1inches) long, giving a 3.25liter (+/- .86gallon) volume with the mesh support made with nylon.
We supply one filter/tumbler drum per order with a choice of either the 180, 150, 120, 109 or 96micron mesh. The 180 micron mesh is the larger hole size & recommended to start using first.
The drum can take approximately +/-80grams of material (weight), not to be filled more than half for tumbling.
The motor is 12volts and we supply a 12 volt adapter according to the country of delivery.
There is no tub provided, we recommend using a tub/box that you may have at home or find one for your your unit ;) Some like to place simple cooking grease paper under the unit.
If you’d like to learn more details about our Pollen Extracting Machine, please click contact us :)
Please contact us before negative reviews, much appreciated :) We are here to help!

Photos maybe different as per our upgrades ;)
DATA SHEET
Gender unisex
Age group adult
Box Size Not supplied
Filter capacity approximately 80g
Mesh Multiple Stainless-Steel mexh microns available
Voltage 12 volt
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 6):
2-Scoops (Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:48 pm) • Inactive account (Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:37 pm) • Keeno (Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:16 am) • Sage (Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:13 am) • Greenfingers (Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:24 pm) • biosynthetic (Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:50 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Hmr81

Re: Pollen extractor with 2 drums

Post by Hmr81 »

great review mate. looks like a good little machine.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 2):
Vador (Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:07 pm) • MrHash (Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:58 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Thanks @Hmr81, yeah it is a pretty cool little machine.
If someone wanted it to extract an oz or two of high grade bud this will be perfect, for someone looking to process more material at a time then probably best looking for a bigger machine, although it is capable of continuous operation so it will work, it all packs away nice and small too which is a bonus.
Like they say one mans junk is another mans treasures, i guess it just depends on what you are after.
Sticky shared a link to one from ali express that looks good but was almost twice the cost, and its chinese. Id like to see that one in operation though.
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
Hmr81 (Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:16 pm) • MrHash (Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:58 pm)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

I guess if you were so inclined and had a 3d printer and perhaps the outer case of an old carbon filter you could make one yourself cheaper, or drill some holes in an old concrete mixer lol
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 2):
MrHash (Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:58 pm) • Vador (Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:12 pm)

MrHash
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by MrHash »

Handy device @Vador !!
These users thanked the author MrHash for the post:
Vador (Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:12 pm)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Looks great mate
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post:
Vador (Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:12 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Hmr81 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:17 pm
I guess if you were so inclined and had a 3d printer and perhaps the outer case of an old carbon filter you could make one yourself cheaper, or drill some holes in an old concrete mixer lol
Yeah your right, I’ve actually got a design i made in fusion360 when it was still free, got all the files ready to print but printer got put in the loft a while back and been there ever since. Would have needed to power it but thats not hard.
For the drum it uses two printed end caps, one has a hatch built in, then i think it was 6mm all thread joining and spacing the two caps and support the mesh a bit. For the mesh i was going to buy a sheet on ebay fold in half then sew down one edge, havent got a sewing machine though so came unstuck with that.
Like you say an old carbon filter could be used as well
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
Hmr81 (Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:17 pm) • MrHash (Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:08 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Thought the dog ate my hash, couldn’t find it anywhere, turned up stuck to the bottom of my grinder lol
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 3):
Inactive account (Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:37 pm) • MrHash (Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:08 pm) • biosynthetic (Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:55 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

Vador wrote:Thought the dog ate my hash, couldn’t find it anywhere, turned up stuck to the bottom of my grinder lol
Very cool review hun , wicked little machine . thought dog ate my hash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 2):
MrHash (Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:08 pm) • Vador (Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:01 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Very nice review Vador. I've been looking at these tumblers for years but never pulled the trigger and purchased. Great way to make use of all trim.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Vador (Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:49 am)

Return to “Product reviews”