Inkbird IHC-200 Humidity controller review

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Vador
Known User

Inkbird IHC-200 Humidity controller review

Post by Vador »

Inkbird IHC-200 Humidity Controller

This is a product that I’ve seen mentioned countless times around the forum but when I checked the review section for some inspiration there was nothing here so thought I’d share my experience with it so far.

There’s really not much to say about it tbh, it switches on a dehumidifier when the humidity goes above a set level.
When the humidity is lower than the set level it fires up a humidifier, that’s it really, simple. You can have both the dehumidifier and humidifier plugged in and it will control both, or if like me you just want it to control your dehumidifier only then it will do that just fine also.

Before using the inkbird I’d just leave the dehumidifier on all the time set to 50% rh, while that did an ok job it just wasn’t ideal, for one thing the dehumidifier isn’t in the tent with the plants, it’s outside the tent with the air being piped in so it’s basically sensing the air in the room around it rather than the air in the tent.
What that means is for the last god knows how long the dehumidifier has just been idling away for 12 hours a day, even when the rh is lower than 50% the things still running, fan whirring away. You can hear it downstairs lol. since the energy price increase I’m really starting to notice it as well.

That prompted me to think about a humidity controller, Now I’ve got it I wish I got it sooner.
It’s dead easy to use just plug you humidifier into socket 1 and the dehumidifier into socket 2.

When you first plug it in you’ll want to head to the normal menu by holding the set button for 2 seconds, you can get it dialled in how you want it, after that just a quick press on the set button takes you to the fast settings menu making it easier to make small changes to the set humidity.

Settings you can change:
  • Humidity Setting(desired humidity)
  • Humidification Difference(sets how far it can stray from the desired humidity before the humidifier kicks in)
  • Dehumidification Difference (sets how far it can stray from the desired humidity before the dehumidifier kicks in)
  • Alarm High humidity limit(Set alarm for when humidity is too high)
  • Alarm Low humidity limit (Set alarm for when humidity is too low)
  • Dehumidification delay time(self explanatory)
  • Humidity Calibration
There is also an app available for the device but is not necessary and personally I wouldn’t recommend it, it’s a Chinese app so you can’t really trust it with your data, also it has got poor reviews on the App Store. For those reasons I haven’t installed or used the app with the inkbird so I can’t comment on that, what I will say though is the instructions seem pretty clear and straight forward on how to set it up and it sounds pretty easy if you are feeling brave enough to try the app.

Bottom line if your running a dehumidifier outside of your tent then this is a must for you, it’ll save you money and quieten your operation a little when the dehumidifier isn’t needed.
I haven’t tried using a humidifier with it yet but if it performs as well with that as it does with the dehumidifier then it’s a win win.

Included in the box is:
  • IHC-200 Controller
  • Instructions

Pro’s:
  • Easy to use.
  • Saves electric.
  • Long length humidity sensor cable.
  • Humidifier/Dehumidifier only runs when it’s needed.
  • 10-99% humidity range, with 3-5% accuracy.
  • Can be controlled via app.
  • 2200w maximum power @240Vac
Cons:
  • Chinese app (Chinese apps usually spy and collect data for Chinese government so they can profile and track you).
  • Short cable for humidifier/dehumidifier sockets.
  • Power cable only 1.3m.
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 4):
Keeno (Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:52 am) • kbag (Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:05 am) • Sage (Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:22 am) • 2-Scoops (Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:37 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Inkbird IHC-200 Humidity controller review

Post by Keeno »

I'm ljvjng your layout for reviews. I love the inkbird, a very cist effective, yet quality, environmental control. Nice review Vador, I should review mine.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Vador (Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:06 am)

Vador
Known User

Re: Inkbird IHC-200 Humidity controller review

Post by Vador »

It is a great bit of kit isn’t it, won’t be long and it would have paid for itself in energy savings.

Return to “Product reviews”