Invisible Sun V Bar Review

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Vador
Known User

Invisible Sun V Bar Review

Post by Vador »

Invisible Sun V Bars

What can I say about these awesome lights that you probably don’t already know. Well I’ll start by saying that before this I was running a 4ft t5 that draws 400w from the wall on full power, it ran so hot I had to remove tubes to try and keep the temperature down but even then it would dry the air out so much I’d be in there spraying water 3 times a day(need to get another humidifier)
Plus 400w on 18 hours a day with a 600w hps was killing me financially so had to limit when I used things and make cutbacks.
Roll on the V bars, now the t5’s are gone there’s a V bar in each section of the veg tent, the temperature is a little over room temperature in there with lights on and the humidity at a comfortable 50-60%, I’ve not had to spray since putting them in there.
Each V bar draws 150w on full power but so far I haven’t had them over 45% and the plants are looking very happy.
With 2x V bars on 45% and 2x X bars on 80% and 100w+ of fans I’m drawing 620w so shaved a massive amount off the electric bill, probably not far off half when you factor in things like the ballast and the fans running faster to cool everything down with hps.

These things are rock solid and well made, the body is made from a solid length of aluminium extrusion which turns it into a giant heat sync which does an excellent job of dissipating heat, due to this no fans are needed in the construction of the light adding to the quiet I’m trying to make in the groom.
There are 4 holes, one on each corner of the body which are to be used for hanging the light, you should also receive the kit for hanging the light. Depending on how much head room you have you might need to use some extra light hangers to get the right height.
On the underside of the panel where the led’s are there’s a Perspex cover to protect the sensitive electronics from moisture.

Full disclosure it hasn’t been totally plain sailing, after using one of the V bars at 45% for roughly 3 days on a 18/6 cycle i unzipped the tent and the light was flashing on and off.
I sent an email to Rich at Invisible Sun and went on about making some dinner expecting not to hear anything till the next day, after all it was gone 6.
Little did I know that minutes after sending the email Rich emailed me straight back, followed by a text message asking me to call him.
We spent roughly half an hour on the phone while Rich had me checking connections and trying to diagnose the problem, turns out it was one of the only components they buy in, a faulty dimmer.
They got me a new one sent out in the post and bingo it works perfect again.
It’s just one of those things, IS has no control over that item so they are not to blame but Rich went over and beyond to get the problem resolved and has been there for any other questions I’ve had while getting set up so can’t fault that at all.

Pro’s:
  • Customer support is second to none.
  • Runs much cooler than t5’s.
  • Uses much less electric than t5’s.
  • Plants seem to prefer V bars over t5’s(probably due to it being cooler and more humid in the groom now).
  • Looks smart af.
  • Can be daisy chained.
  • Perspex cover to protect electronics from humidity.
  • Reasonably priced.
  • Dimmable from 0-100%.
  • Solid aluminium construction.
Cons:
  • Led driver isn’t mounted to light and can fall off if not careful(a zip tie will fix this or use a nut and bolt to fix it in place like on the dimmer)
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 6):
Keeno (Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:22 am) • Finchmad_79 (Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:10 am) • Herbalist (Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:54 am) • GMO (Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:59 pm) • Sage (Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:39 am) • Invisible Sun (Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:07 am)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Invisible Sun V Bar Review

Post by Keeno »

I've wanted this light since it come out. Thank you for the review.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Vador (Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:21 pm) • Invisible Sun (Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:07 am)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Keeno wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:12 am
I've wanted this light since it come out. Thank you for the review.
No problem, it’s a great light you’ll love it, beats a t5 in so many ways. I love t5’s as well but now I feel I’d never go back
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:29 pm) • Invisible Sun (Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:07 am)

PaleoCannabica
Known User

Post by PaleoCannabica »

So nicely done description 👍 sound like great option! Thanks
These users thanked the author PaleoCannabica for the post:
Invisible Sun (Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:07 am)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

PaleoCannabica wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:49 am
So nicely done description 👍 sound like great option! Thanks
Thanks, yeah they are really good lights. Very happy with mine
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Invisible Sun (Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:07 am)

Return to “Product reviews”