GHO Synergist - Cal Mag Alternative - Foliar

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Keeno
Site Admin

GHO Synergist - Cal Mag Alternative - Foliar

Post by Keeno »

GHO Synergist - Cal Mag Alternative

Wassup GR420. Time to review a product that has become a permanent fixture in my feed regime. This a cal-mag alternative from @GHO. This product is only to be used as a foliar feed. I've let my plants develop some cal def, I get it like clockwork at certain points, 3 strains have all developed it around 4 weeks from seed. I'd get it again every 4ish weeks, I use this product now and "load" my plants up through veg for flower. I need to do a write on that separately.

Synergist is used at a rate of 5ml per liter, It has a citrus smell and is very dark. It's normal for your water to be very dark once added.

I've kinda... broken my sprayer id use for foliar feeding. So these got a full bath, they say you need to cover all parts of the plant anyway :barmy:.

If spraying, be sure to cover all surfaces, especially under the leaves. You want to do this during lights on as this is when the stomata are open. This applies to 99% of products that need foliar application. Be mindful that you will not want high-powered lights close to your plants after a foliar feed to do this, I suggest lifting your lights or dimming for an hour after your foliar application, this will allow the plants to absorb and dry off.

Cal def starting t kick in:

Me foliar feeding without a sprayer...

I know this stuff works a treat, much easier on the plants than the cal-mag products I've used in the past, this doesn't automatically darken the plants to the point you think you are burning them.

Ill document the growth here over the next couple of weeks. The Cal def is moderate to severe, ill get some more up-to-date pictures of the damage soon. This damage won't go away but this product will stop it from continuing. All the damages leaves will be lower growth that's removed in a couple of weeks anyway, it's why I don't mind letting it get bad for things like this.

Update coming soon.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 5):
seymore_budz (Sun May 29, 2022 5:41 pm) • ohlordyeah_420 (Sun May 29, 2022 5:49 pm) • Mafooo (Sun May 29, 2022 6:20 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sun May 29, 2022 6:56 pm) • Greenfingers (Sun May 29, 2022 7:15 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Mafooo
Known User

Re: GHO Synergist - Cal Mag Alternative - Foliar... Naaaa

Post by Mafooo »

Interested in something like this. What would it cost to get some GHO product out to the States? Cam we buy direct from them?
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post:
Keeno (Sun May 29, 2022 7:14 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes this is summink ive used a few times now too :nice: . I always add 1 or 2 drops of washing up liquid to my foliar sprayer thingi-my-jig, its just acts as an emulsifier so shit hangs around on leafage a bit longer, if your not adding anything like the big big daft drops just fall off leaves and dry up to zilch. Theirs many types of wetting agent/emulsifier/whatever type stuff you can add to your foliar sprays, you can even buy them but i only spray in veg and first few weeks of bloom before buds appear. The washing up liquid also deters bugs and if it was good enough for my Dad to use its good enough for me. I thought it worth a mention peeps. :running-around:

Benefits:
• Improves spray coverage on plants
• Lengthens contact on leaves
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Keeno (Sun May 29, 2022 7:14 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:31 pm
Yes this is summink ive used a few times now too :nice: . I always add 1 or 2 drops of washing up liquid to my foliar sprayer thingi-my-jig, its just acts as an emulsifier so shit hangs around on leafage a bit longer, if your not adding anything like the big big daft drops just fall off leaves and dry up to zilch. Theirs many types of wetting agent/emulsifier/whatever type stuff you can add to your foliar sprays, you can even buy them but i only spray in veg and first few weeks of bloom before buds appear. The washing up liquid also deters bugs and if it was good enough for my Dad to use its good enough for me. I thought it worth a mention peeps. :running-around:

Benefits:
• Improves spray coverage on plants
• Lengthens contact on leaves
I never knew this. Nice one 2-Scoops. I'm dunking them again tomorrow. I'll add some to the bucket 👍

GHO

Post by GHO »

MafooFarms wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:21 pm
Interested in something like this. What would it cost to get some GHO product out to the States? Cam we buy direct from them?
Trying to figure this out atm @MafooFarms in theory it's doable but more reading needed before I'm sure it won't be stopped for some reason...
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
Keeno (Tue May 31, 2022 6:38 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: GHO Synergist - Cal Mag Alternative - Foliar

Post by Keeno »

Update

I went for 2 days in a row of foliar, I had knocked up a bucket's worth so made use of it. 2 days in a row has really chowed the "load" up. The exact same darkening you would expect to see from using a cal-mag product. I know this stuff works already but I'm glad it's loaded them up in this way from only 2 foliar feeds. It shows it's doing the same thing. I'll update in a week or so to show that moderate-severe cal def has stopped in its tracks.

A very cool product from GHO.Its nice to completely replace something with an easy-to-use organic alternative.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
seymore_budz (Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:42 pm)

Return to “Product reviews”