Aquati Four Stage Under Sink Drinking Water System RO add on

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
MrNice
Respected Member

Aquati Four Stage Under Sink Drinking Water System RO add on

Post by MrNice »

Aquati Four Stage Under Sink Drinking Water System

Hey growroom420 well as some of you may know I’ve had a few problems with my grows in the past and my tap water came into question a few times the quality of it.

EC reading out of the tap EC 0.7 ph.7.5

After chatting to a few members, we sort of came to the conclusion the water not great a high EC or TDS level isn’t great for growing cana so thought ok let’s get a water filter had a look on the eBay and see the aquati three stage under sink drinking water system for £49.00 didn’t think that’s too bad a price so ordered it three days later courier dropped it off came undamaged and well packed with bubble wrap protecting the main parts.

So, after unwrapping all the bits and pieces I started putting it all together pretty straight forward remove the cellophane from the filters then insert them into correct cartridges then screw them back in to the main body insert the pipe elbows and connect the pipework hey presto ready to go

I opted for the ¾ BSP hosepipe outlet connection but it did come with another mains adaptor to hook up to the water under the sink but got no space under my sink so I’m leaving it portable for now not a problem.
Well, I hooked it up to the garden tap then run water through the filters for twenty minutes as said in the instructions after waiting I took a sample of water coming out the filters to my surprise it had only dropped the EC by 0.1 to 0.6.

Manufacturer Info:
This high-quality filter system removes from water from 98% to 99% of free chlorine, chlorinated solvents, aromatic hydrocarbons (improve the taste and aroma), as well as up to 85% of pesticides of chlorogenic origin, polyaromatic compounds, phenol, benzene and organic substances, removes sand, rust, other suspension and impurities. Perfectly improves the taste and smell of water, reducing the chlorine and other organic compounds.

System's Specifications:

Filtration stages: 3
Pressure: 2.8-6 bar
Water temperature 2-45°C
Filter size: height 40 cm, width 40 cm, depth 15 cm
EU safety standards compliant
Produced for Aquati Ltd.

The filter kit comes complete with the following:

2x2 meter lengths of tubing
Main’s connector: 3/4" BSP to 1/4" adapter - to connect onto your 3/4" BSP hosepipe outlet /garden tap / or 3/4" BSP to 1/4" in-line connector or self-piercing valve
Housing spanner - to open the pods when filters need changing
Chrome Faucet complete with fittings

Manufacturer Filters' Specifications:

Filter 1:
10" polypropylene foam filter cartridge removes sand, rust, silt and other sediments up to 5 Micron

Filter 2:
10" activated carbon filter removes 98% to 99% of free chlorine, chlorinated solvents, aromatic hydrocarbons, as well as up to 85% of pesticides of chlorogenic origin, polyaromatic compounds, phenol, benzene and organic substances.

Filter 3:
10" activated carbon block filter. The carbon is formed in specially pressured, high-density blocks to gain high adsorption rate of chlorine, other chemicals and multiparticle organic substances.

After emailing the company and asking if the RO add on would help drop the EC lower to which he replied should do didn’t give me much conference but anyway I’ve come this far so ordered the reverse osmosis additional membrane kit 50GPD £27.90.

Manufacturer info:
Reverse Osmosis additional membrane housing kit with fittings and spanner
This kit comes with:
1 x RO membrane (50/75/100/150 GPD)
1 x Standard membrane housing complete with all fittings
1 x 2 m of 1/4" RO tubing
1 x Membrane housing spanner
2 x 2.5"x2.5" clips
3 x Three way push fit connector
Flow restrictor
These membranes are suitable for all reverse osmosis systems, and should be replaced when the total dissolved solids (TDS) start to rise in the product water.
This membrane removes the following hard water contaminants that may be present in your water: lead, cooper, barium, chromium, mercury, sodium, cadmium, fluoride, nitrite, nitrate, and selenium.

So, another three days pass courier drops it off same again arrived undamaged parts wrapped up in bubble wrap only problem no instructions with the RO kit so managed to work out what goes where then connected the RO unit to the main filter body then hooked it back up to the garden tap all good no leaks any where now after adding the RO unit the flow rate has dropped off dramatically to a slow flow but the other side of the RO unit is the same a little bit faster than the RO side can’t remember who now but one member did mention about the waste water when using an RO systems.

So, here’s some test data I collected:

@ 50GPD you should be getting 9.3ltrs an hour over a 24hr period depending on water pressure
if my maths is correct.

1 Gallon = 4.5ltrs
4.5 x 50 = 225ltrs
225ltrs divide by 24hrs = 9.3ltrs an hour it should be capable of doing

So, on my test to get 1ltr of RO water took me about 12 minutes with a 50GPD RO membrane not sure at what pressure from the tap I’m getting so may be a little slow and this also running through the other three filters.
60 divide 12 = 5ltrs an hour

Without the three-stage filter just RO membranes on its own
1ltr took 11 minutes to fill a litre bottle
60 divide 11 = 5.4ltrs an hour

In terms of waste water to get 1 litre of RO water you waste 3.5 litres of tap water to go down the drain or reuse some were.

So, in conclusion yes, the RO system has done the job of lowering the EC to 0.1 or 0.0 now but think I could have just bought the RO system on its own then just got the bits to hook it up to the tap to save money.

Yes, I would recommend the water filter system I’d say I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars only loose half a star because no instructions with the RO system kit.

Sweet

mn

Return to “Product reviews”