Boveda 62rh 67g humidity packs

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Well, bought these last week to stick in my 2 litre glass jars try and maintain the flavour and aroma of my
buds at bit more.

Did buy some of the other ones integra 8g versions but they didn’t seem to raise the humidity at all put three of them 8g ones per jar after a week no movement in humidity so thought id give the boveda ones ago.

Says on the boveda pack the 67g packet is good for 450g of flower so been a week now and the humidity gone up from 56rh to 61rh so there’s slowly working think theirs about 80 or 90grams per jar roughly.

Have read some reviews saying the packs change the flavour of the buds so far, they seem ok ill have to report back on a longer cure using theses to say if they do change the buds or not in flavour or aroma.

Also, one other thing to remember are that the digital humidity meters are not that accurate so may be check them as well before jarring so you don’t get any false reading, I had one that was out by 5rh.

Manufacturer Info

How Does Boveda Work ?

"It’s all science. Mix certain salts with water and together they naturally regulate humidity. Boveda’s patented packaging allows the cleanest, most-purified water vapor to either be emitted or absorbed.

Boveda acts on the environment around it. By adding and absorbing moisture, Boveda keeps the contents of a sealed container at a precise relative humidity (RH) level. Cool, huh? The number printed on Boveda are the RH%. Whatever product you’re storing calls for specific RH levels.

For cannabis flower, the ideal relative humidity (RH) range is 58%-62%. Maintaining this stable environment protects against trichome damage, terpene loss, overdrying and mold. Terpene shields come in two different relative humidity (RH) options: 58% and 62% (Boveda brings your container to the perfect RH to protect it). Try 58% if you live in a humid environment or prefer drier bud. 62% is ideal for more arid climates or for fans of more sticky flower."

Over all the Boveda packs seem to be doing their job so I’d recommend them so far, no complaints.

mn
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 3):
GMO (Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:53 pm) • Herbalist (Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:23 pm) • Tictok (Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:38 pm)

Hmr81

Re: Boveda 62rh 67g humidity packs

Post by Hmr81 »

Ive used them for a year or so and thought they were good, never had an issue with it affecting the taste/smell imho.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:23 pm) • MrNice (Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:30 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

I use the both sizes,good so far,,,when they get crystally inside you can recharge them in a bag with damp towel inside(i saw it on the internet..it has to be true)
These users thanked the author JJ for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:30 pm) • Tictok (Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:38 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Nice review @Mr Nice !

I've never had them affect smell or terpines and have run comparisons before, no difference. Keeping the RH correct mind they are great at. Always got a pack around.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
MrNice (Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:41 pm)

Rawreefer
Grow Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Rawreefer »

Used them from the start and found them great. If you let your bud get to dry will definitely bring them back...
These users thanked the author Rawreefer for the post:
MrNice (Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:09 pm)

Return to “Product reviews”