Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Green Hand Organic Soluble Fulvic Acid - Foliar Application

Post by Keeno »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:05 pm
Keeno wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:06 pm
I'm the same tbh @2-Scoops. Convenience and easy, I think us coco growers are all a bit like it tbh :lol:. But after talking to @GHO I realized as you say, I'm paying through the nose for the bottled stuff. I'm hopeful if used right this stuff will replace my need for Epsom salts and cal-mag, could be wrong but reading a bit it's doing the same thing with more goodies in it. I'm paying £7-£15 for 500ml to 1l of bottled stuff with a few goodies in it. I'm not sure about the dilution rate of the bottled fulvic from gho but the powder will make up 400 liters for the same price as what I'm paying for 500ml to 1 liter. It's opening my eyes a bit tbh, I want to play with a few products from him, used in the described method and also in other ways. I'm racking my brains for things we do in coco and hydro and looking at ways to change what we use from these overpriced flashy bottles to alternatives.

The stuff was easy to mix, I put it in a small jug, bit of water, mixed for 10 seconds, left it sat for an hour, 10-second mix and put it into a spray bottle, jobs a goodun.
Yes I'm a big fan of fulvic acid but the pre-mixed stuff that i used got a bit pricey per liter for my likings so i ditched it, but am a big fan of this stuff especially with hydroponic growing.

So i see the mix ratio of the dry stuff is 5gram (1 level T-spoon) per liter, so to my reckoning the 200gram dry mix should be enough for 5 into 200 is 40 so that should make 40 liters not 400 or is my math way out here ?

The bottled stuff 1000ml used at 5ml per liter should make you 200 liter of mix. Has my math gone crazy am i tripping or not here @Keeno ? I'm just not sure on strength difference between the dry and wet stuff.
Not 5g. Its 0.5g per liter.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:46 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Keeno wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:56 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:33 pm
Keeno wrote:
I'm the same tbh @2-Scoops. Convenience and easy, I think us coco growers are all a bit like it tbh :lol:. But after talking to @GHO I realized as you say, I'm paying through the nose for the bottled stuff. I'm hopeful if used right this stuff will replace my need for Epsom salts and cal-mag, could be wrong but reading a bit it's doing the same thing with more goodies in it. I'm paying £7-£15 for 500ml to 1l of bottled stuff with a few goodies in it. I'm not sure about the dilution rate of the bottled fulvic from gho but the powder will make up 400 liters for the same price as what I'm paying for 500ml to 1 liter. It's opening my eyes a bit tbh, I want to play with a few products from him, used in the described method and also in other ways. I'm racking my brains for things we do in coco and hydro and looking at ways to change what we use from these overpriced flashy bottles to alternatives.

The stuff was easy to mix, I put it in a small jug, bit of water, mixed for 10 seconds, left it sat for an hour, 10-second mix and put it into a spray bottle, jobs a goodun.
Yes I'm a big fan of fulvic acid but the pre-mixed stuff that i used got a bit pricey per liter for my likings so i ditched it, but am a big fan of this stuff especially with hydroponic growing more so humic acid for dirt growing, not that you can`t use in either but tis how i see it.

:thanks:
It's mixed at 0.5g per liter. 200g pack makes 400l. For any similar product bottles, you are looking at an average of £10 per liter no matter what it is, probably a lot more unless buying 5-10 liter a time. And none of us are buying that sort of amount.

So £10 a liter of bottled x 400 liters... £4000. Mad right?
The powder makes the same amount for £12ish.

I'm just testing but looking at the numbers I'm almost angry at myself for buying some of the stuff I have been.
So at what ratio do you mix this dry fulvic with water too and then how much of that do you add per liter ?
I literally added 1g to 2 liters as I don't have scales that go below 1g. I first put the 1g into a small jug, didn't measure the water as it's just to dissolve the powder. Mixed, left to sit for an hour, mixed again, and added water to the desired amount. Piece of piss tbh.

Im going through my endless bottles of shit today, looking at labels to see what's in there, and looking for powder alternatives.
Ah got ya, my bloody maths are way out then well i missed the .5 and used 5, but yes so it makes twice as much as the pre-mixed solution to which will make 200liter at 5ml per ltr. Just knowing different strength ratios but if they are both similar it seems the dry stuff should make x2 to wet bottle pre-mixed stuff so as we always say more bang for your buck with dry mixes.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Keeno (Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:11 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:10 pm
Keeno wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:33 pm
Yes I'm a big fan of fulvic acid but the pre-mixed stuff that i used got a bit pricey per liter for my likings so i ditched it, but am a big fan of this stuff especially with hydroponic growing more so humic acid for dirt growing, not that you can`t use in either but tis how i see it.

:thanks:
It's mixed at 0.5g per liter. 200g pack makes 400l. For any similar product bottles, you are looking at an average of £10 per liter no matter what it is, probably a lot more unless buying 5-10 liter a time. And none of us are buying that sort of amount.

I'm just testing but looking at the numbers I'm almost angry at myself for buying some of the stuff I have been.
So at what ratio do you mix this dry fulvic with water too and then how much of that do you add per liter ?
I literally added 1g to 2 liters as I don't have scales that go below 1g. I first put the 1g into a small jug, didn't measure the water as it's just to dissolve the powder. Mixed, left to sit for an hour, mixed again, and added water to the desired amount. Piece of piss tbh.

Im going through my endless bottles of shit today, looking at labels to see what's in there, and looking for powder alternatives.
Ah got ya, my bloody maths are way out then well i missed the .5 and used 5, but yes so it makes twice as much as the pre-mixed solution to which will make 200liter at 5ml per ltr. Just knowing different strength ratios but if they are both similar it seems the dry stuff should make x2 to wet bottle pre-mixed stuff so as we always say more bang for your buck with dry mixes.
This is more a question for @GHO, but id imagine the powder will last a lot longer to?

GHO

Post by GHO »

2-Scoops wrote:
Keeno wrote:
I'm the same tbh @2-Scoops. Convenience and easy, I think us coco growers are all a bit like it tbh . But after talking to @GHO I realized as you say, I'm paying through the nose for the bottled stuff. I'm hopeful if used right this stuff will replace my need for Epsom salts and cal-mag, could be wrong but reading a bit it's doing the same thing with more goodies in it. I'm paying £7-£15 for 500ml to 1l of bottled stuff with a few goodies in it. I'm not sure about the dilution rate of the bottled fulvic from gho but the powder will make up 400 liters for the same price as what I'm paying for 500ml to 1 liter. It's opening my eyes a bit tbh, I want to play with a few products from him, used in the described method and also in other ways. I'm racking my brains for things we do in coco and hydro and looking at ways to change what we use from these overpriced flashy bottles to alternatives.

Yes I'm a big fan of fulvic acid but the pre-mixed stuff that i used got a bit pricey per liter for my likings so i ditched it, but am a big fan of this stuff especially with hydroponic growing.

So i see the mix ratio of the dry stuff is 5gram (1 level T-spoon) per liter, so to my reckoning the 200gram dry mix should be enough for 5 into 200 is 40 so that should make 40 liters not 400 or is my math way out here ?

The bottled stuff 1000ml used at 5ml per liter should make you 200 liter of mix. Has my math gone crazy am i tripping or not here [mention]Keeno[/mention] ? I'm just not sure on strength difference between the dry and wet stuff.
Might be a typo on the site or the fullstop isn't showing mate. I'll be back on to answer all these questions later this evening or tomorrow morning mate. 200g of the powder will make 400 litres of dilute. This is strong gear though so outdoors I'd expect to cover a hectare with 500g once mixed. If you bear that in mind when using it, that 200g will go a hell of a lot further than 400 litres implies....
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:26 pm) • FX (Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:34 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:47 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Keeno wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:10 pm
Keeno wrote:

This is more a question for [mention]GHO[/mention], but id imagine the powder will last a lot longer to?
Keep it bone dry and in a cool place and it will last a couple of years mate.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 4):
Keeno (Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:25 pm) • FX (Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:34 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:47 pm) • Guest (Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:14 am)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

This will be interesting to watch for sure...
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
Keeno (Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:52 pm)
“Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

These will be getting a 2nd foliar tonight. So 2 days in total. Id normally do 2 days in a row when trying to "load up" anything with foliar.

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

Worms aren’t far away now. Keeno will be setting up the worm bin soon enough.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:54 pm) • FX (Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:36 am)

GHO

Post by GHO »

TTL wrote:Worms aren’t far away now. Keeno will be setting up the worm bin soon enough.
6 months from now...Image
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 4):
Keeno (Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:01 pm) • TTL (Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:59 pm) • FX (Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:36 am) • IMO (Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:51 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

5 days from the 1st application, 4 days from the 2nd. Ive noticed something already which is very positive. The plants were starting to get a calcium def deficiency. I expect this around this time in coco. Its the week before flip so id normally be loading up with cal and mag. Ive left this part of the scrog for the test.

The side of the scrog thats been foliar fed with fulvic has stopped any sign of calcium def. The untreated side has gotten worse.

The test area, left side treated, right side untreated.

The untreated side with cal def:

So already this is a huge benefit. I dislike using cal-mag products but it's necessary for coco. It can be a pain in the arse with a heavy cal or mag def as cal-mag
products tend to raise the EC ridiculously so prolonged treatment can be difficult. A good base nutrient will have micronutrients, they are just not always as available to the [plant as they could be. I've used other things in the past to help make them more available but it looks like the fulvic is doing this with a load more goodies in there too.

Using the Fulvic at the recommended dose 2 days in a row showed no ill effect so ill now use it more regularly as I move into flower.

I will continue to play with this product in this topic.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:08 pm)

Return to “Product reviews”