Ram 300mm Eco Fan - Product review

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Keeno
Site Admin
GR Tokens: 162,89 

Ram 300mm Eco Fan - Product review

Post by Keeno »

Ram 300mm Eco Fan - review

I want to review a very cool bit of kit which is the Ram 300mm Eco Fan. Ram fans have become a staple of air movement in growers tents/rooms. Gone are the days of the cheap white clip on fans, the 150mm black rams fans have proven more reliable and cost effective. They do another fan I had no idea about until a member here told me about them and since owning them I've not looked back.

Ram 300mm Eco Fan

I use these fans a little differently from advertised in the fact I hang them. They come with 2 feet which means they can be placed on the ground. The louvre front grill rotates 360 degrees blowing air in a 360 degree area. These fans hanging like I do mean the entire tent gets air every 30 seconds or so, illuminating dead spots where hot air or other nasties will be hanging out. This also means that your entire canopy gets a flow of air but not only a few select areas which can cause windburn etc. Placed on the floor under canopy they do just as well, moving air all over the place. They have 3 speed settings so you can get them exactly how you want them. The front louvre grill can also be switched off so you can get a 1 directional flow of air if you like.

They are cheap to, costing only around £5 more than the smaller clip on fans. I've been using 2 for over a year on 24/7, so look to be reliable.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
wutang (Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:30 pm)
It's nice to be nice :Stoned:

2-Scoops
Team TGC
GR Tokens: 60,58 

Re: Ram 300mm Eco Fan - Product review

Post by 2-Scoops »

Nice one :thanks: Have you gotta link to these ?
"But your still looking at me that same damn way............ Like i just shit in your scrambled eggs" > Negan, Walking Dead

Keeno
Site Admin
GR Tokens: 162,89 

Post by Keeno »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:54 pm
Nice one :thanks: Have you gotta link to these ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2583972690

That's the link from mobile app Jimmy. If it dont work search this number on Ebay 262583972690
It's nice to be nice :Stoned:

Glynne420
Respected User
GR Tokens: 0,00 
Has thanked: 0

Post by Glynne420 »

I use those ram eco fans and for the price they are great... i had 1 for about 13-14 months before it failed and went straight out and bought another one.
Great piece for the price A*

Bulls
Coco Grower
GR Tokens: 54,10 

Post by Bulls »

I have one of these tooo..and it's amazing..

Ram 300mm eco fan
Chiesel Grow Diary
Glueberry OG by Dutch Passion

There is no passion to be found playing small and settling for a life that's less than the one you're capable of living

kbag
GR420 Leg End
GR Tokens: 1,03 

Post by kbag »

Nice to see a review on something that has had plenty of use nice one Keeno.

Marcus
Respected User
GR Tokens: 36,38 

Post by Marcus »

Nice one Keeno.

I've got the maxibright/maxifan version and it's not very good.

The rotating grill at the front leans, making it rub against the plastic surround... This in turn has led to the grill etching a deep groove in the surround and showering my plants with a fine plastic dust.

Are the fronts on those solid? If so I might punt for one, they're useful fans. I hung mine too, gives good coverage in a small grow space.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Don't think I have any of the problems you've listed above Marcus. I really enjoy the fan and it feels pretty well built. Cheaper than tower fan too. Think I paid 18-19£ for mine.
Chiesel Grow Diary

There is no passion to be found playing small and settling for a life that's less than the one you're capable of living

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End
GR Tokens: 19,80 

Post by The Aspie Toker »

How quiet are they, and what is the wattage on them, please? I have looked around, but not found any info.
Zombie lives matter.

GMO
Podcast Admin
GR Tokens: 9,51 

Post by GMO »

The Aspie Toker wrote:How quiet are they, and what is the wattage on them, please? I have looked around, but not found any info.
https://www.rapidairmovement.co.uk/products/eco-fan/

40w and pretty quiet for the amount of air moved

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End
GR Tokens: 19,80 

Post by The Aspie Toker »

GMO wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:14 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:How quiet are they, and what is the wattage on them, please? I have looked around, but not found any info.
https://www.rapidairmovement.co.uk/products/eco-fan/

40w and pretty quiet for the amount of air moved

Thanks, mate. I looked at a number of sites, but none mentioned wattage or noise.
Zombie lives matter.

GMO
Podcast Admin
GR Tokens: 9,51 

Post by GMO »

It's not the quietest fan and if the louve is a little off they can make an annoying tick. But for the money aswell they are 100% quieter than a tower fan of similar price

These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
wutang (Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:35 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Just wanted to make a note on that review. For 15 months I've replaced 2 of these as the front grill stopped rotating. The first one was replaced from seller under warranty but the second one's warranty has expired and will have to buy one again. Not sure if I should get the same one but not much of a choice. They do wall mounted oscilating

What do you think?
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
2-Scoops (Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:33 pm)
Chiesel Grow Diary

wutang
GR Tokens: 14,63 

Post by wutang »

Keeno wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:42 pm
Ram 300mm Eco Fan - review

I want to review a very cool bit of kit which is the Ram 300mm Eco Fan. Ram fans have become a staple of air movement in growers tents/rooms. Gone are the days of the cheap white clip on fans, the 150mm black rams fans have proven more reliable and cost effective. They do another fan I had no idea about until a member here told me about them and since owning them I've not looked back.

Ram 300mm Eco Fan

I use these fans a little differently from advertised in the fact I hang them. They come with 2 feet which means they can be placed on the ground. The louvre front grill rotates 360 degrees blowing air in a 360 degree area. These fans hanging like I do mean the entire tent gets air every 30 seconds or so, illuminating dead spots where hot air or other nasties will be hanging out. This also means that your entire canopy gets a flow of air but not only a few select areas which can cause windburn etc. Placed on the floor under canopy they do just as well, moving air all over the place. They have 3 speed settings so you can get them exactly how you want them. The front louvre grill can also be switched off so you can get a 1 directional flow of air if you like.

They are cheap to, costing only around £5 more than the smaller clip on fans. I've been using 2 for over a year on 24/7, so look to be reliable.
Cheers for this review @Keeno Just seen the thread pop to the top, and was looking for a replacement to my clip on fan. Was chatting about this with @GMO the other day too. How many do you think I'd need in my 1.2x1.2mx2m tent?

Thanks
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
GMO (Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:35 pm)
"Gotta have faith in sometthing init, let it be love..its the only thing that feels right" - Me.

Return to “Product reviews”