How to fold your Parchment Paper ready for pour

GMO
GR420 Leg End

How to fold your Parchment Paper ready for pour

Post by GMO »

Lining with parchment is helpful if you’re planning on a single slab pour. You can simply remove the entire slab from the pan and wrap it up and store. This way, you keep the majority of your product where is meant to be

Are you sold? Here’s how to line an 8- by 8-inch parchment paper so the paper sits smoothly and doesn't rumple into a big mess:

its always best to have your parchment on a solid tray like a baking tray or pan

First, pull out the parchment and cut it to be approximately 14 inches long (this will give you 3 inches of overhang on each side of the pan). Next, fold 3 inches of one side of the parchment onto itself. Take the opposite side of the parchment and repeat the process.

Fold in each of the remaining sides the same way, 3 inches in, until you have a square-shaped piece of parchment. Place the folded parchment square into the 8 by 8 baking pan. If your square does not fit properly in the pan, simply adjust the folds as needed until it fits in place.

Now, lift the two top folds, on the left and right side of the pan, so that they are standing up facing each other. Next, lift one corner of the remaining side of parchment that is still lying down in the pan. Allow it to naturally fold onto itself, a triangular shape, as you raise it up to the side of the pan. Firmly press and crease the folded corner of parchment into place. Repeat the process with the remaining three corners. You are now ready to pour!

This technique will work for any four-sided baking pan you choose to use (whether 8 by 8, 9 by 9, 9 by 13, etc). Simply adjust the amount of overhang for the size you are using and trim down any excess parchment. For instance, if you’re using a 9- by 13-inch pan, first pull out the parchment and cut it to be approximately 4 inches longer than the 9 by 13 baking pan. You will want 2 inches of overhang on each side of the shorter edges of the pan. Repeat the exact same process as the 8 by 8 pan, only fold each side 2 inches in onto to itself instead.

Regardless of the size pan you’re using, the important part to remember is to make sure you have enough parchment overhang to cover up the entire inside of the baking pan.
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: How to fold your Parchment Paper ready for pour

Post by Josh »

GMO wrote:Lining with parchment is helpful if you’re planning on a single slab pour. You can simply remove the entire slab from the pan and wrap it up and store. This way, you keep the majority of your product where is meant to be

Are you sold? Here’s how to line an 8- by 8-inch parchment paper so the paper sits smoothly and doesn't rumple into a big mess:

its always best to have your parchment on a solid tray like a baking tray or pan

First, pull out the parchment and cut it to be approximately 14 inches long (this will give you 3 inches of overhang on each side of the pan). Next, fold 3 inches of one side of the parchment onto itself. Take the opposite side of the parchment and repeat the process.

Fold in each of the remaining sides the same way, 3 inches in, until you have a square-shaped piece of parchment. Place the folded parchment square into the 8 by 8 baking pan. If your square does not fit properly in the pan, simply adjust the folds as needed until it fits in place.

Now, lift the two top folds, on the left and right side of the pan, so that they are standing up facing each other. Next, lift one corner of the remaining side of parchment that is still lying down in the pan. Allow it to naturally fold onto itself, a triangular shape, as you raise it up to the side of the pan. Firmly press and crease the folded corner of parchment into place. Repeat the process with the remaining three corners. You are now ready to pour!

This technique will work for any four-sided baking pan you choose to use (whether 8 by 8, 9 by 9, 9 by 13, etc). Simply adjust the amount of overhang for the size you are using and trim down any excess parchment. For instance, if you’re using a 9- by 13-inch pan, first pull out the parchment and cut it to be approximately 4 inches longer than the 9 by 13 baking pan. You will want 2 inches of overhang on each side of the shorter edges of the pan. Repeat the exact same process as the 8 by 8 pan, only fold each side 2 inches in onto to itself instead.

Regardless of the size pan you’re using, the important part to remember is to make sure you have enough parchment overhang to cover up the entire inside of the baking pan.
What kind of parchment do you use gmo? I make butane hash and have been thinking about blasting right onto it, but worried about contamination. What do you think?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

integrajosh wrote:
GMO wrote:Lining with parchment is helpful if you’re planning on a single slab pour. You can simply remove the entire slab from the pan and wrap it up and store. This way, you keep the majority of your product where is meant to be

What kind of parchment do you use gmo? I make butane hash and have been thinking about blasting right onto it, but worried about contamination. What do you think?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
I've read many times unbleached organic but I use kitchen shite

I'd be concerned about the nonstick layer becoming brittle and being damaged at low temp for direct blast but that's pure theory tbh
Viz wrote:I want to see photo's dude. We live in the 21st century who reads more than three words...

Nice one GMO really value how much effort you put into the forum. Thanks buddy.
Once I work out how to take pics with a camera stuck to my forehead I'll get it sorted mate

Nah, I'll see what I can do a little later

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

This is about the best I can do for instructional pics

So we start with some non stick paper. This is just plain grease proof. Your welcome to select a much higher quality

Size doesnt matter too mu h the method will work tiny or fairly larger

So start by folding the sides in, this fold will create the depth so make it as deep as needed. This needs to be as evenly sized as you can as well. Larger is easier to make the corners later

Now fold the top and bottom again at equal size to the first fold

I use the square that forms in the corner as a guide

Now as we raise the two folded edges the inside corner needs to got to the top corner we are making

As we do this a curve forms where we will fold again

And we have a nice neat corner

Repeat on other 3

I find a few well place pegs keeps everything taught

Simples

Enjoy

Candyman
Has thanked: 0

Post by Candyman »

Ptfe oil slick paper is worth checking out it’s thicker than parchment and almost like a plastic but non stick great for pouring into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candyman
Has thanked: 0

Post by Candyman »

This stuff

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Candyman wrote:Ptfe oil slick paper is worth checking out it’s thicker than parchment and almost like a plastic but non stick great for pouring into

I'm pretty sure this is the same material toastiebag company uses for for their oven liners

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it buddy

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs ... heavy-duty

seems to be close to the same prduct, similar price point almost. maybe just more readily available?

https://www.growhigh.co.uk/Honeypaper-PTFE-Paper.html

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Reynolds parchment paper for the win lovely stuff it really really is. Can be a bit pricey in comparison but well worth the extra couple quid imho
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates & Extracts”