How do you make your hash/keif?

Vador
Known User

Re: How do you make your hash/keif?

Post by Vador »

Bubble bags and ice water has been my goto method but with mixed results. First few times i got good hash but the last few times ive used that method had hash thats held too much water and goes moldy if not careful. I keep it in the freezer till i need it to try stop it going bad.
Next time round i want to dry sieve and then use heat and pressure to make the hash.
Might bite the bullet and buy one of them pollen tumblers though, either that or printing screens are meant to be good, although they come in sizes im not familiar with, microns make more sense to me but they use a different measurement that i haven’t learnt to convert yet.
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Greenthirteen wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:19 pm
Dex wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:23 am
Greenthirteen wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:39 am
I do all methods on and off but 95% of the time I use the butane method. It’s thorough and the extraction part is fast and without the need for finesse. It’s then about degassing and that means five full days in a vacuumed oven at strict temperatures. I need to know it’s done right so I’m very exact about what I do. I was very lucky to be taught how to do this to a medical grade.

Do you have a thread or if you have the chance and wouldn't mind you please share here? and thanks so much for that info buddy sounds clean and precise and looks banging gold colour. I'd like to try it once

I've used vodka the polish 95% one to make oil but it didn't taste good I like it having hash taste that nutmeg sort of taste, that in the pic looks like it has a nice flavour

Hey man, ty for the compliment, it tastes wonderful!!

BHO is controversial because if you leave any butane in its bad for your health, it’s also very easy to blow yourself up. I tend not to talk in detail about the process. It may even be a prohibited topic on the forum. Hope you understand 👊💚
I think I understand lol and sorry to the forum gaffers I I nearly asked for prohibited information I didn't mean for it that way and I hope I didn't mess anything up for greenthirteen by asking. . Just to put us on the safe side lol

Thanks still greenthirteen for showing the picture :D

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Vador wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:54 pm
Bubble bags and ice water has been my goto method but with mixed results. First few times i got good hash but the last few times ive used that method had hash thats held too much water and goes moldy if not careful. I keep it in the freezer till i need it to try stop it going bad.
Next time round i want to dry sieve and then use heat and pressure to make the hash.
Might bite the bullet and buy one of them pollen tumblers though, either that or printing screens are meant to be good, although they come in sizes im not familiar with, microns make more sense to me but they use a different measurement that i haven’t learnt to convert yet.
The method you want is easiest I think it's why I do it I use a small hand press then use a blow dryer on it to heat it lol

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Dex wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:16 am
GMO wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:11 pm
Hi @Dex , are we talking bubble, dry sift, rosin or solvent extraction buddy?
I'm doing dry sieve I'd like to know how you guys do yours if any one can please add pics and it could be a one stop hash thread unless there is an existing one already.

I'll get round to the next steps hopefully today I haven't had time to sit and sieve I showed the forst step I take but I got more to show lol
Gotcha now mate. my mistake.

Did you see the hash subsection? viewforum.php?f=33 some good reads in there
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Greenthirteen

Post by Greenthirteen »

Dex wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:05 pm
Greenthirteen wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:19 pm
Dex wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:23 am

Do you have a thread or if you have the chance and wouldn't mind you please share here? and thanks so much for that info buddy sounds clean and precise and looks banging gold colour. I'd like to try it once

I've used vodka the polish 95% one to make oil but it didn't taste good I like it having hash taste that nutmeg sort of taste, that in the pic looks like it has a nice flavour

Hey man, ty for the compliment, it tastes wonderful!!

BHO is controversial because if you leave any butane in its bad for your health, it’s also very easy to blow yourself up. I tend not to talk in detail about the process. It may even be a prohibited topic on the forum. Hope you understand 👊💚
I think I understand lol and sorry to the forum gaffers I I nearly asked for prohibited information I didn't mean for it that way and I hope I didn't mess anything up for greenthirteen by asking. . Just to put us on the safe side lol

Thanks still greenthirteen for showing the picture :D

Oh heck no, I’m probably being to cautious. All love 👊

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

So update is ready I did one bag for example and a quick one for me self but normal after 3 bags I have about 7 to 10 grams to squish into a coin and heat it for longer soooo I use two sieves

Here is the bag of trim after leafs being rubbed together Image

Then i put one of these on top of the other sieveImage
I chop the corner off with scissoooors Image
The first sieve drops to second sieve and it looks like this

And under that second sieve looks like this Image

Now I keep emptying the collected goodies into another tub sk I don't over fill the grinder c.catcher because its hard to open without spillage of the sieved goods....

A good wankers skills are needed for this and that's it ladies might have issues but ask your man and he will surely smash the back and forth shaking to get the goodies out of the trim ;)
But this is why I use two sieves the last one normally always has allot of green matter but they some reason stay on second screen. There is no size difference in the screen size they are from same make grinders

Sooo here is the press Image

I hate the bottom so I fill with coins because if you don't the compressed hash/keif sticks there andbits hard to get out so here is my secret lol

I have two coins at the bottom to fill the space and I use chopped microwaveable plastic into fit the press ImageImage

Makes a nice fit at the bottom Image

After pressing what i got from that bag Image And heated a little from cooker because couldn't find hair dryer Image

And these tubs are awesome for storage Image
That's how I do it @Keeno buddy

You could use finer sieves or get the hash bags and use dry Ice which is simple as f too and you get finer stuff but for me after sieved twice on grinder sieve it's nice to cook with and make e sig liquid or in my rum or vodka too for game nights lmao...

I like to make allot of coconut oil infused hash/keif I make because its for using as pain rubby majiggy and cooking cookies with as well as caps for times when I don't have any bud

Mrs Beefheart
Respected Member

Post by Mrs Beefheart »

That looks amazing dex nice one hun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Dex wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:19 pm
Vador wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:54 pm
The method you want is easiest I think it's why I do it I use a small hand press then use a blow dryer on it to heat it lol
Nice thanks for the tip, didnt realise a hairdryer would work. Done mine in the oven on low heat and used a rolling pin with excellent results.
Also learnt not long ago it can be done on rosin press, worked really well

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Dex wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:29 pm
So update is ready I did one bag for example and a quick one for me self but normal after 3 bags I have about 7 to 10 grams to squish into a coin and heat it for longer soooo I use two sieves

Here is the bag of trim after leafs being rubbed together Image

Then i put one of these on top of the other sieveImage
I chop the corner off with scissoooors Image
The first sieve drops to second sieve and it looks like this

And under that second sieve looks like this Image

Now I keep emptying the collected goodies into another tub sk I don't over fill the grinder c.catcher because its hard to open without spillage of the sieved goods....

A good wankers skills are needed for this and that's it ladies might have issues but ask your man and he will surely smash the back and forth shaking to get the goodies out of the trim ;)
But this is why I use two sieves the last one normally always has allot of green matter but they some reason stay on second screen. There is no size difference in the screen size they are from same make grinders

Sooo here is the press Image

I hate the bottom so I fill with coins because if you don't the compressed hash/keif sticks there andbits hard to get out so here is my secret lol

I have two coins at the bottom to fill the space and I use chopped microwaveable plastic into fit the press ImageImage

Makes a nice fit at the bottom Image

After pressing what i got from that bag Image And heated a little from cooker because couldn't find hair dryer Image

And these tubs are awesome for storage Image
That's how I do it @Keeno buddy

You could use finer sieves or get the hash bags and use dry Ice which is simple as f too and you get finer stuff but for me after sieved twice on grinder sieve it's nice to cook with and make e sig liquid or in my rum or vodka too for game nights lmao...

I like to make allot of coconut oil infused hash/keif I make because its for using as pain rubby majiggy and cooking cookies with as well as caps for times when I don't have any bud
Oh now that’s cool! I’ll have to look into getting me one of these
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Nice one Dex!

I used to use a mini washing machine to make bubble hash, but got banned from the kitchen for making everything sticky over time!

I started using it outside, but fuck that in the rain and winter, so I got an A4 size T shirt screen printing screen and a metal dough scraper and I pop that screen on top of a piece of glass from a picture frame.

I do miss the squidgy hash though and have pondered trying hand rubbing some plants, but I don;t think I'd get much off that with my measly 3 or 4 ounce plants.

I may need to source a hookup who can pop some in his bum and cross a border or two. You busy next week???

:lol:

EDIT - piccy of the screen. Was about a tenner I think?

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates & Extracts”