Rosin

Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Rosin

Post by Bulls »

I've never done it matey. What's the price of the equipment if ordered from china?

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Hey Marcus,

I realise this post is a little old, but I've had the Rosinbomb Rocket for two years and it's excellent. I got it from Namaste Vapes in the sales and used a discount code, which I think still works (let me know if you want that), so it cost me £377 instead of £499. I believe it was money well spent and looks like it's built to last. Gives about 20-30% yield depending on quality of bud and cure - if too dry it won't work very well - and the rosin is delicious. Before that I had the cheap Tarik rosin press, which was basically a modified hair straightener and a piece of junk, so sent it back. With that Tarik one I had to push down so hard it felt like the thing was going to break and yields were very poor.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post:
Minty (Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:55 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:40 pm
I was going to DIY a rig, but it seems just as cheap to get one from China.
I vote DIY for the win.

China is cheap but also sometimes nasty (and by that I mean decent information especially when buying components - learnt this recently). Plus your be lucky to get anything shipped easily from China at the moment.

Thrasherdude
Respected Member

Post by Thrasherdude »

Yo Marcus what up bro! You mean a press like this? https://www.alchimiaweb.com/en/manual-r ... -10767.php

indianagolfpro

Post by indianagolfpro »

My wife loves rosin! She wants a press so so bad for her first harvest but I just can’t afford one. One income for the 4 of us sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author indianagolfpro for the post:
MrNice (Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:53 pm)

Donkey222
Has thanked: 0

Post by Donkey222 »

Just a word of warning dont be cheap when buy a press Haha, I bought one for about 150 used it a few times thougt the return was awful I know there is a few variables but still my, friend bought one for about 400 and his is incredible great return and a v nice end producet

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Marcus wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:55 am
sybarite wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:20 pm
Hey Marcus,

I realise this post is a little old, but I've had the Rosinbomb Rocket for two years and it's excellent. I got it from Namaste Vapes in the sales and used a discount code, which I think still works (let me know if you want that), so it cost me £377 instead of £499. I believe it was money well spent and looks like it's built to last. Gives about 20-30% yield depending on quality of bud and cure - if too dry it won't work very well - and the rosin is delicious. Before that I had the cheap Tarik rosin press, which was basically a modified hair straightener and a piece of junk, so sent it back. With that Tarik one I had to push down so hard it felt like the thing was going to break and yields were very poor.
I was looking at the rosinbomb dude, it's tiny but looks like it's a real no faff press. £377 is still a bit steep but better than the 500 they want. :lol:

How much does it press? Is it just a nug at a time?

I've got a pre press that holds about 5g, but I found 3g worked best with the bottle tech on the dabpress. No bags needed either! Bags are too messy in my mind. I was getting 20% returns easy - dependent on strain though. SOme would just keep on givin on the squishin. :oik!:

Still got all the pucks in a jar to make oil with too. :lol:
Yes, the Rosinbomb is hassle-free, very easy to use and hasn't given me any electric shocks, which is always a bonus.

It will only take one nug at a time - the plates are 8 x 7 cm.

I agree that bags are messy and unnecessary with flower, might be good for hash/kief, but never tried. I still have a packet of unused bags, as one was enough to put me off.

I have this little puck maker, which makes pucks about 3 x 3 cm and is great for pressing silver leaf/trim.

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Marcus wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:41 am
Old thread guys.

I ended up getting a 3 ton dabpress... It ended up giving me a 240v belt down my arm... It went back. :oik!: Dabpress did offer to upgrade etc, but I was a bit off about the whole experience, I would ponder another off them though.

One of them.

https://www.dabpress.com/collections/hy ... 6456968265

I'd go 10 ton next time, bench press style like this...

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hilka-pro-cr ... -4ga/35080

With some plates like this...

https://www.cannaplates.ca/collections/ ... ged-plates

But haven't the time of the inclination to get squishing again.

I've still got a fair bit of rosin left in the fridge. :oik!:

P.S... I was thinking about getting a few sets of plates machined up and anodised here in the UK if anyone knows any machinists or metal workers?

Then I can build the controllers myself and make a few good quality kits up (no corners cut, decent PIDs etc). :idn:
That press from Screwfix looks good. How about a bench vice, could work, might be cheaper?

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

Marcus wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:15 pm
sybarite wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:17 pm

That press from Screwfix looks good. How about a bench vice, could work, might be cheaper?
You won;t get the pressure with a bench vice, 3 ton was good... 10 ton would be better.! :oik!:

I did have a little issue with the dabpress plates too. They were anodised, but not smooth. They had a coarse kinda texture to them and they did tear the parchment from time to time.

A nice 10 ton press and some smooth as silk plates would be a cracking set up. But I'm skint! :lol:

I do a lot of bubble hash and that sees me just as good as rosin. :morning:
Ah, thought as much about the pressure - was thinking a long pole on the handle for extra leverage, but it might break, or you might :idn:

I saw some guys on youtube using a vice, seemed like a lot of faff for poor yields.

The Rosinbomb plates have a mirror-like finish, but the parchment will split eventually if I keep applying pressure. I'm using Reynolds parchment, which seems OK, but the few that came with the Rosinbomb are much thicker and tougher. Any recommendations for a good, non-toxic parchment?

At least you have bubble hash, so life mustn't be too awful. I've never tried making concentrates that involve doing more than pushing a button, but maybe I should :lol:

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

no idea marcus sorry. I used the wifes straighteners once and they stank for months - I do not recommend trying this.
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
flip (Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:56 pm)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Return to “Cannabis Concentrates & Extracts”