Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

To Defoliate or to not?

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: To Defoliate or to not?

Post by MommaB »

Captain Beefheart wrote:uncle dewi told me if the plant produced the leaf its clearly needed....... !!!! look at Sampson after they chopped is hair off ? your call but personally i only remove dead or near dead leafs me. :oik!: your call me i would not take fuk all off it. :Stoned:
Accckk I love that idea that means I’ve done what I should have on this grow then dang jungle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
Josh (Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:44 am) • Terry_Flanagan1 (Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:20 am)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Re: To Defoliate or to not?

Post by Guest »

I'm with @Captain with this one. I think of the leaves as solar panels, gathering all that energy from the sun and converting it through the leaf the feed further up the plant for bigger growth.

Saying that, I did defoliate my banana blaze but only later on in flower. Usually most of the dying leaves and a few of the more unhealthy ones. I did take a few over crossing leaves that covered the bud sites, after all by this time the buds have there own sugar leave to photosynthesise with to a degree, which seemed to help the buds grow a little more before I took them down.

I would leave it and let it grow out myself. Far to early for any defol
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Terry_Flanagan1 (Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:20 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”