Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Grow tips/advice/suggestions? newbie

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
Cam420

Grow tips/advice/suggestions? newbie

Post by Cam420 »

Hi everyone, I'm currently on my 4th ever grow and am taking it slow and trying to use everything I've learned so far. My previous grow was an absolute mess (I used 3l pots for the duration, a cheap HPS bulb and used tinfoil on the walls) :clap: surprising I actually got any smokeable bud.
Since that grow I've had a long break and decided to do it as perfectly as possible this time around
I'm currently 3 weeks into my grow of 4 Autoflowers. I'm growing Glue Gelato, Critical Kush, Skittlez OG and Purple Punch from Barneys Farm.
I'm growing in a mixture of compost and a small amount of biobizz, and currently am using an SPF2000 LED Grow light. I am using 11litre airpots for the final pot, they have been in 2 smaller containers previously. I'm using Canna A+B, Canna Start, and Rhizotonic - twice diluted. And also gave the plants a small amount of mycorrhizal fungi as I've heard it provides beneficial root growth to your plants.

Ive had a couple scares that turned out to be nothing, and also somethings I'm still concerned about. Currently, the main concern I'm having is the watering schedule. I don't know how much/how often to water, so I have been giving it to them when they are dry, but I've had watering issues (over and under) so I'm trying to get the right balance before I ruin it. Some leaves on one plant look droopy and heavy, id imagine from overwatering but then another plant looks underwatered.

Another thing is the stem, it has white spots over it that could either maybe be roots that haven't sprouted or mould of some sort?
Will add some pictures also of another strange-looking leaf, looks almost shiny with brown spots and twisting?
And also currently the ends of the leaves are curling downwards on my Critical Kush - is this a nutrient or watering problem?

I will also use this thread as a grow diary and post photos from start to finish, so any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated since I'm such a newbie to all this (been smoking and cooking weed for years, just not grown properly)
These users thanked the author Cam420 for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Thu May 14, 2020 12:46 am) • Thrasherdude (Sun May 17, 2020 12:31 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
MrNice
Respected Member

Re: Grow tips/advice/suggestions? newbie

Post by MrNice »

looking nice cam420 love the carpet

I been doing autos for a yr now like to see how they do in smaller pots i use 9ltr i think but was thinking of using smaller pots so can flush more offen
otherwise with led lights the soil takes ages to dry up

autos from my reading dont like transplanting best off to put them in a final pot also buy a Soil Moisture Meter their cheap that will give you a good idea of wen to water your plants

im still learning my self but the watering thing you will have to work out at the moment im only watering my plant pics on here 200ml every 4 to 5 days at mo

hope this helps you mate happy to share any info ive learned so far with autos
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Cam420 (Thu May 14, 2020 1:55 am)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

May help you mate

How Often Should I Water My Cannabis Plants
https://2fast4buds.com/news/how-often-s ... bis-plants

Best Feeding Schedule for Autoflowering Plants
https://2fast4buds.com/news/best-feedin ... oor_season
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 2):
Cam420 (Thu May 14, 2020 2:08 am) • Golnin (Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:44 pm)

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

I grew some nice autos in 5 gallon fabric pots. So, about 19 liter pots. I just lifted them and got a feel for them before I put any water in there and when they start feeling that light again I knew it was time to water. Usually ended up being every 2-3 days.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
Cam420 (Thu May 14, 2020 1:55 am)

Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

MrNice wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:42 am
looking nice cam420 love the carpet

I been doing autos for a yr now like to see how they do in smaller pots i use 9ltr i think but was thinking of using smaller pots so can flush more offen
otherwise with led lights the soil takes ages to dry up

autos from my reading dont like transplanting best off to put them in a final pot also buy a Soil Moisture Meter their cheap that will give you a good idea of wen to water your plants

im still learning my self but the watering thing you will have to work out at the moment im only watering my plant pics on here 200ml every 4 to 5 days at mo

hope this helps you mate happy to share any info ive learned so far with autos
ahaha had the carpet in for years now made sense to just keep it as is
and cheers man, I’m fairly new to all this so anything helps, I only recently heard about starting autos in the final pots and I’ll definitely try that next time.
Didn’t see any signs of stress when I moved them, was extra careful but suppose it’s better to be safe than sorry

yea i think maybe 9litre pots would be better because currently it’s either too little or too much and I can’t seem to get it right, I try to give it slightly more and now it last longer, but they didn’t like that so I tried giving little and often, but that gave me algae on the surface so I’m at a bit of a loss at the moment
Doesnt help me that underwatering/over symptoms are similar too.

You’re definitely right with the LEDs and I think the compost might’ve been a bad idea it holds a lot of moisture

Also what’s the best light schedule in your opinion because I’ve been doing a 15/9 (while I’m asleep) and they seem to like it.

thanks tho appreciate all the help

Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

TTL11 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 1:26 am
I grew some nice autos in 5 gallon fabric pots. So, about 19 liter pots. I just lifted them and got a feel for them before I put any water in there and when they start feeling that light again I knew it was time to water. Usually ended up being every 2-3 days.
sounds like a good idea, up to now I’ve just been testing the soil with my finger down an inch or so, but I worry with airpots that it’s drying from the outside, inwards? If that makes sense, like leaving a wet patch in the centre
Might just try to water around the edges from now

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

20/4 works best with autos for me.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Thu May 14, 2020 2:29 pm) • Elijah Growz (Thu May 14, 2020 3:51 pm)

Cam420

Post by Cam420 »

Marcus wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:12 am
Cam420 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:55 pm

I'm growing in a mixture of compost and a small amount of biobizz, and currently am using an SPF2000 LED Grow light. I am using 11litre airpots for the final pot, they have been in 2 smaller containers previously. I'm using Canna A+B, Canna Start, and Rhizotonic - twice diluted. And also gave the plants a small amount of mycorrhizal fungi as I've heard it provides beneficial root growth to your plants.

Is that Canna A+B a soil specific one? Or the coco A+B? I thought canna only did vega and flores for soil which is veg and bloom seperate bottles.

That'll be where your problems are coming from.

Biobizz soil you've mixed with a normal compost? You can just run in plain biobizz.

I'd drop the start and rhizo too, your plants are big enough and that stuff if probably for coco coir also.

Your plants look well fed, the droopy curling leaves on the one are clawing and they're real dark green so it's had too much Nitrogen. How much are you feeding them?

As for watering, they're big enough now to take a full soaking of the soil. Then just leave them to dry till next watering. No need to try and rush the soil drying out, just let the plant drink at it's own pace, then when it's dry, give it a full soaking again.

I'd say if you are in compost then get some compost specific feed or you will have a few problems here and there using coco feed in soil.

Yea my bad, I meant Coco A+B - I’ve not been too sure how to feed them so I used a couple drops of each in 500ml if water and then each time I’ve watered, I’ve added a splash of that mixture to a litre of water
I don’t really understand the measurements because I don’t have a 10l water tank so not too sure how much to give.

As for the compost, this was all I could find online during lockdown and I used the last of the biobizz from my last grow, the plants definitely like the compost and the roots have grown through to the bottom of the airpots now so they seem a lot happier.

I’m thinking best thing to do next is to give them a good water with no nutes and leave them be for a while?

Also I have some old nutrients from general hydroponics my friend gave me but they’re quite old, I think it was flora bloom, gro and micro. Would they be any good for flowering? or is best to not use nutes when flowering with autos

Sorry for all the questions 😂

Thanks

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I see you got plenty of good advice mate. Plants looking good too, just slight overed
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Cam420 (Mon May 18, 2020 12:36 am)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

autos lighting iver 18/6 or 20/4 or bang them out on 24hrs no sleep period its upto you im on 20/4 with my autos plants look ok tho bro no worries
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Cam420 (Mon May 18, 2020 12:36 am)

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”