Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Could I defoliate my plants and how much if so?

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
Gasher90

Could I defoliate my plants and how much if so?

Post by Gasher90 »

Hi guys was wondering if I could remove some leaves as they seem a bit bushy and there’s leaves sitting on top of other leaves (actually touching them) I’m just a bit concerned as I obviously don’t want mould where leaves are touching and gathering water, I’ve got a free standing air-con in the tent moving air about bit but with them being bushy I don’t think it’s getting the air movement properly and i think it could do with a little more light through the plant, I’m growing in soil (tropic Batmix) the plants went into pots 4weeks ago and topped the 3 plants 3days ago 13th April), I am new to growing (I grew 2 years ago and the plant went through so many problems) so now I need to learn as I need it for medicinal reasons so can’t afford to screw it up, I’ll try and get some pics on up, thanks very kindly
These users thanked the author Gasher90 for the post:
Bulls (Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:47 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Could I defoliate my plants and how much if so?

Post by Bulls »

Hello Gasher90 and welcome to the forum. Yes you can definitely defoliate your plants, just have to do it carefully. There is not a specific amount of leaves you can take but it's more like an individual thing and judging by the plants. If you are you to get 10 posts and post photos of your plants would be able to help with where to start.

Gasher90

Post by Gasher90 »

Ahhhh you need 10 posts before you can upload pics, no worries cheers ‘Bulls’, I’ll try and get them up, does replying or commenting to other people’s threads classed as one or is it threads I need to start, thanks a lot I think I’ll hold off as I don’t want to shock or kill the plants and not 100% what can go and what had to stay, ie fan leaves I’ve read on some sites they’re only needed outdoors really and other sites say avoid taking them off as plants need them, it’s just I’ve got leaves sat on top of each and sweating out causing them to stick (one plant in particular) but I’ll get posts up (hopefully) thanks again!

Glynne420
Respected Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by Glynne420 »

Gasher90 wrote:Ahhhh you need 10 posts before you can upload pics, no worries cheers ‘Bulls’, I’ll try and get them up, does replying or commenting to other people’s threads classed as one or is it threads I need to start, thanks a lot I think I’ll hold off as I don’t want to shock or kill the plants and not 100% what can go and what had to stay, ie fan leaves I’ve read on some sites they’re only needed outdoors really and other sites say avoid taking them off as plants need them, it’s just I’ve got leaves sat on top of each and sweating out causing them to stick (one plant in particular) but I’ll get posts up (hopefully) thanks again!
Just comment on threads to get your posts up mate...
Go and introduce yourself, say hello or good morning/evening... there are loads of random threads you can participate in to get your posts up...
O yeah. . Hi and welcome to the forum...good place here with great ppl.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gasher90

Post by Gasher90 »

Excellent cheers mate, I’ll have 10posts by tonight I’m sure :lol:

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I will be writing a thread of how I like to defoliate and support my plants and will drop you a link in here to take a look shortly.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5443 <--- Link to the thread I've mentioned earlier. Hope you find it helpful.

Gasher90

Post by Gasher90 »

Bulls cheers mate I’ll have a read and up my knowledge (hopefully lol)

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”