Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Optical Radiation

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
Nanook
Respected Member

Optical Radiation

Post by Nanook »

Hi all, bit of a killjoy post this one HOWEVER I have noticed a slight deterioration in my sight since I have been growing. This could be age related before anyone says it haha but...... It turns out that high wattage grow lights can emit microwave and UV radiation...... I bought my self some proper grow room glasses..... I would advise all who don't..... do it.
I have especially noticed since doing this grow.... my 1000w Double ended lamps are dual spectrum and have a VERY blue glow if looked at from the right angle..... Dont risk your sight for the sake of a £10 or so for glasses.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Optical Radiation

Post by Bulls »

Thank you for the advice mate.. I will make sure I grab some as I love starring in my tent with the lights on... and I am still too young to die :D

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

its my left eye mate.... always been worse than the right...... but past wee while.... 1k light or so... been worse and worse!

i spy
Has thanked: 0

Post by i spy »

raybans or oakleys lol.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

LUMii

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I Think Clunge Muncher got one of them glasses and really rates them.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Good advice mate, In the last 6 months ive noticed a big deterioration in my eye sight. I really struggle to see small print up close, like labels on bottles etc. Growing may be a factor as I dont wear glasses in the groom but know I should. I think for me its more that in the last 3 years ive moved from reading books for research to using the net on my laptop. Cant be good staring at a laptop as often as I am. Mrs H said she is having the same problem these last 6 months and she doesnt grow at all. She has stopped working outdoors and works with a computer 3 days a week now. Maybe we need some screen glasses lol. Or maybe we are just getting old lol. Coincidentally I walked past an optometrist today offering free eye checks, the bastards wanted way too much personal info b4 they would do it. It may be free but Im sure they make a dollar collecting your info.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I keep forgetting to put mine on. I will say that my eyes have become worse since growing with LEDS. I guess the same would be true for HIDs.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:18 am
I keep forgetting to put mine on. I will say that my eyes have become worse since growing with LEDS. I guess the same would be true for HIDs.
Lol Aspie I shouldn't admit this, but ive nearly always have sunglasses sitting on top my head, all i gotta do is pop em on but usually never think about it lol.

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I bought a pair of the lumii glasses and they lasted about 8 mins before breaking. Got a pair of old scratched sunglasses I use now (or should use!)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”