Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

AIR-POTS AND SMART POTS

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
MrMan
Respected Member

AIR-POTS AND SMART POTS

Post by MrMan »

This was originally published on royal queen seeds website.

CAN AIR-POTS AND SMART POTS INCREASE CANNABIS YIELD?
The pots you grow cannabis in can dramatically affect yield, flavour, and overall plant health. Smart and Air-Pots are two options for those who are looking for better ways to grow their potted cannabis. Here is a primer on what they are and the difference between them.

There is little these days that is not being fundamentally rethought with the aid of technology. That is absolutely true of the world of weed. Starting with cultivation.

Here is the great news. You don’t have to be a billion dollar Canadian pot unicorn to avail yourself of such techniques and equipment.

This starts with so-called “Smart” and “Air” Pots.

WHAT ARE SMART POTS AND AIR-POTS?
If you have observed odd-looking pots at your local grow shop, you probably know what Smart and Air-Pots are - even if you did not know what you were looking at. These are special grow containers that help provide extra oxygen to the roots of your growing cannababies.

This concept is also why hydro growing is so effective.

Extra oxygen is the key to healthier plants. And of course, healthier plants produce higher yields.

However, picking the right pot can hugely impact the bud you grow.

Smart Pots Cannabis Cultivation

HOW A GROWING CONTAINER CAN AFFECT YOUR BUDS
Your plant pot, along with the medium you root your plants in, is the most important piece of grow equipment you will invest in. Why? The amount and quality of the final product relies on a healthy plant, right from the start.

Yields can be drastically reduced by several different conditions created by the pots you plant in.

Stunted seedling growth is a big culprit. This happens when the moisture content is inconsistent in the grow medium (either too dry or too wet). Overheating your plants at any stage of growth can also slow maturation. This in turn slows growth and decreases yield. Plants whose roots are abnormally stunted by the grow environment cannot absorb enough nutrients. Root cramping or binding stresses the plant out. And stress leads to lower yields.

SMART POTS VS AIR-POTS
Both Smart Pots and Air-Pots are brand name products with several variations on a common theme. In general, here is how to understand the difference between the two.

A “Smart” Pot is made out of a stiff fabric. It is a squat, wide, cloth container. If location and space are an issue, remember that these make it possible to grow in a slightly “shorter” space. However, these pots are broad. You will require some space to set them up.

If growing indoors as opposed to a porch or greenhouse, you will need to consider drainage. In order to capture water run-off, you will need to place a large tray underneath your pots.

Air-Pots, in contrast, are plastic containers that are perforated or have odd-looking raised semicircles on the sides. The holes and “bubble spaces” of air pots allow plants to spread roots as they will. This pot is rigid, and tends to be taller and slimmer than a smart pot. They are also easier to move around.

On the negative side? Air-Pots can be a bit messy. Soil and water can also spill out through the holes. These pots also need to be put on a tray to capture run-off.

Bottom line? Both Smart and Air-Pots produce significantly healthier plants than traditional ceramic or plastic grow tubs.

Air Pots Cannabis Cultivation

WHY SMART AND AIR-POTS ARE SUPERIOR TO REGULAR CONTAINERS
There are several major benefits for shifting your grow to a Smart or Air-Pot.
  • It is easier. The plants are more protected from your own failings as a cultivator. That starts with overwatering.
  • There is no way roots can choke the plant if they meet a hard pot “wall.” Greater aeration is really good for the roots. The one downside on the maintenance front? Plants grown in such pots need to be watered more often.
  • You get better results. And bigger yields.
“You’ll only die from cannabis if someone drops a 4kg block of it on you from a three-storey building.”

Last Diary

Kali Dog Areoponics Scrog

IF KEENO IS MENTORING YOU DO THE OPPOSITE THAT HE SAYS AND YOU'LL HAVE MONSTERS

Smokey

Re: AIR-POTS AND SMART POTS

Post by Smokey »

MrMan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:08 am
This was originally published on royal queen seeds website.

CAN AIR-POTS AND SMART POTS INCREASE CANNABIS YIELD?
The pots you grow cannabis in can dramatically affect yield, flavour, and overall plant health. Smart and Air-Pots are two options for those who are looking for better ways to grow their potted cannabis. Here is a primer on what they are and the difference between them.

There is little these days that is not being fundamentally rethought with the aid of technology. That is absolutely true of the world of weed. Starting with cultivation.

Here is the great news. You don’t have to be a billion dollar Canadian pot unicorn to avail yourself of such techniques and equipment.

This starts with so-called “Smart” and “Air” Pots.

WHAT ARE SMART POTS AND AIR-POTS?
If you have observed odd-looking pots at your local grow shop, you probably know what Smart and Air-Pots are - even if you did not know what you were looking at. These are special grow containers that help provide extra oxygen to the roots of your growing cannababies.

This concept is also why hydro growing is so effective.

Extra oxygen is the key to healthier plants. And of course, healthier plants produce higher yields.

However, picking the right pot can hugely impact the bud you grow.

Smart Pots Cannabis Cultivation

HOW A GROWING CONTAINER CAN AFFECT YOUR BUDS
Your plant pot, along with the medium you root your plants in, is the most important piece of grow equipment you will invest in. Why? The amount and quality of the final product relies on a healthy plant, right from the start.

Yields can be drastically reduced by several different conditions created by the pots you plant in.

Stunted seedling growth is a big culprit. This happens when the moisture content is inconsistent in the grow medium (either too dry or too wet). Overheating your plants at any stage of growth can also slow maturation. This in turn slows growth and decreases yield. Plants whose roots are abnormally stunted by the grow environment cannot absorb enough nutrients. Root cramping or binding stresses the plant out. And stress leads to lower yields.

SMART POTS VS AIR-POTS
Both Smart Pots and Air-Pots are brand name products with several variations on a common theme. In general, here is how to understand the difference between the two.

A “Smart” Pot is made out of a stiff fabric. It is a squat, wide, cloth container. If location and space are an issue, remember that these make it possible to grow in a slightly “shorter” space. However, these pots are broad. You will require some space to set them up.

If growing indoors as opposed to a porch or greenhouse, you will need to consider drainage. In order to capture water run-off, you will need to place a large tray underneath your pots.

Air-Pots, in contrast, are plastic containers that are perforated or have odd-looking raised semicircles on the sides. The holes and “bubble spaces” of air pots allow plants to spread roots as they will. This pot is rigid, and tends to be taller and slimmer than a smart pot. They are also easier to move around.

On the negative side? Air-Pots can be a bit messy. Soil and water can also spill out through the holes. These pots also need to be put on a tray to capture run-off.

Bottom line? Both Smart and Air-Pots produce significantly healthier plants than traditional ceramic or plastic grow tubs.

Air Pots Cannabis Cultivation

WHY SMART AND AIR-POTS ARE SUPERIOR TO REGULAR CONTAINERS
There are several major benefits for shifting your grow to a Smart or Air-Pot.
  • It is easier. The plants are more protected from your own failings as a cultivator. That starts with overwatering.
  • There is no way roots can choke the plant if they meet a hard pot “wall.” Greater aeration is really good for the roots. The one downside on the maintenance front? Plants grown in such pots need to be watered more often.
  • You get better results. And bigger yields.
I absolutely love the look of these i cant wait to give thema go mate, are they rigid or flexi ??
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

BlueDream17
Has thanked: 0

Post by BlueDream17 »

I think I’m going to give this a go next grow, thanks m8
Snapin necks and cashin checks

islandgrower420
Been thanked: 0

Post by islandgrower420 »

I actually just ordered a set of 5 smart pots. I checked for air pot pricing and it was just out of my budget at this time. Set I got was 5 X 3Gallon. Gonna setup a 4 plant scrog with them
Current Grow: White Widow DWC

Past Grows:
Cheese Autoflower - SOIL Indoor
UK Cheese - SOIL Indoor
King Tut Autoflower - SOIL Indoor
King Tut Photoperiod - SOIL Outdoor

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Great man. Thanks for the read. I am personally not a big fan of the smart pots. Much prefer the air pots. Easier to work with, and less humidity.

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

Great read , I have a set of 3 - 7L smart pots on the way for next go . Those air pots look really nice , they probably have a longer life too . Bit pricey for the budget grower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

BruStu186

Post by BruStu186 »

This is my first grow, using coco and the smart pots, they are fairly flexible but once the medium is in them they are solid, this is the seedlings about 5 days in :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

BruStu186 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 pm
This is my first grow, using coco and the smart pots, they are fairly flexible but once the medium is in them they are solid, this is the seedlings about 5 days in :)

Looking good in there mate is this a multi strain grow ?? Head over to the diary section mate looking to be a great grow u must say 👌

Clunge Muncher

Post by Clunge Muncher »

Got to say i like the Airpots too, Airpots and coco are the perfect match :).
Resident armchair grower :D .

BruStu186

Post by BruStu186 »

Smokey wrote:
BruStu186 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 pm

Looking good in there mate is this a multi strain grow ?? Head over to the diary section mate looking to be a great grow u must say
Thanks! I plan on getting a diary set up in the next day or 2, been going the past 2 weeks but I only joined the forum tonight so I will get a full description and some photos uploaded from seedlings until now :)

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”