Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Florescent lights good for growing?

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
Trillskrilla

Florescent lights good for growing?

Post by Trillskrilla »

I'm currently using 3ft florescent tubes and have used them before because I can't afford these new led lights that are out now. I also am using cfl and led bulbs as a boost in light because the more light the better in my opinion.
These users thanked the author Trillskrilla for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:27 am)

Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Florescent lights good for growing?

Post by Herbalist »

How big is your grow space? Maybe go with a nice old school HPS if you don't wanna fork out for an L.E.D
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Florescent lights good for growing?

Post by 2-Scoops »

Trillskrilla wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:52 am
I'm currently using 3ft florescent tubes and have used them before because I can't afford these new led lights that are out now. I also am using cfl and led bulbs as a boost in light because the more light the better in my opinion.
You`d better buying buying a shit load of led bulbs 2700k red spec and just clipping or popping the round heads off, its easy enough to do and I've seen a few decent one or two plant grows done like this. An even better option would be to buy a 2nd hand led light from ebay, you would get a half decent second hand jobby for under 30 to 40£. If you use the fluorescent you really wanting 2700-3000k rating those are better for bloom but will do veg as well. Stick it on windowsill in sunny days that would do a better job me thinks.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:27 pm) • Trillskrilla (Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:35 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”