Welcome to the indoor cannabis section. This section is here for you to discuss all the aspects of growing cannabis indoors. Ask any questions or share your knowledge on growing cannabis in a indoor environment. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Any advice for taking clones?

Discuss growing cannabis indoors
Trillskrilla

Any advice for taking clones?

Post by Trillskrilla »

I'm trying to take clones because of lack of seeds in my area and I'm really trying to make a rooting hormone because it's just easier for me. Any suggestions on taking clones and cloning in general will be greatly appreciated!!
These users thanked the author Trillskrilla for the post:
GMO (Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:54 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Any advice for taking clones?

Post by Herbalist »

Where roughly are you located? I'm sure we could figure out a way to get you seeds.
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I just LOVE cloning, it's the first "miracle" you learn when growing weed. I'ts very simple btw and it has a great percentage of success (using cheap stuff I go over 90% rooting, last one was 100%).
In my personal experience, every single cutting can successfully root and become clone, no matter the height they come from (some says it's better the low branches of a mother plant, some says upper are better). So don't worry, you're gonna be fine ;)
About a homemade rooting hormon: I never tried, so cannot help - most growers I see use Clonex gel, I use some rooting powder bought at the warehouse AND Jump Start from Advanced Nutrients 30ml/l solution). But don't worry, you can root WITHOUT a root hormon - the percentage of success will be simply lower. If the cutting comes from a healty mother, it will likely root and become a clone.
These users thanked the author Rorschach for the post:
Herbalist (Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:26 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

you got lots of options

Honey
Aloe vera
Willow water

cheap cloning gels work to but as above you can root stuff without anything.
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Rorschach (Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:04 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Return to “Indoor Cannabis Growing”