Welcome to the Cannabis Germination & Propagation section. In this section you can find information and ask questions regarding the germination of cannabis seeds as well as propagation and the different techniques use to germinate cannabis seeds. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

X-Stream propogator

A place to get info and discuss germination of cannabis seeds
Nanook
Respected Member

X-Stream propogator

Post by Nanook »

Hi all,
I have loved seeing these in action from other people and was tempted to buy one myself HOWEVER.....

As you know I grow in rockwool or root riot cubes. I was told someone cut them in half and put rooted clones in and toothpicked it to hold it together - I just wondered if anyone has a different method to do this? Specifically for NFT.

I did consider using mesh square baskets once rooted and clay pebbles but tbh I think they would be too susceptible to falling over.

Any ideas welcome :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: X-Stream propogator

Post by Keeno »

I've never used Rockwell but surely you could just cut some rock wool to the shape of the net pot, force it in. Then just transfer them just as root show.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

whats about root it cubes in the cloner basket? can they be transferred straight into the 4 inch rockwool once established?
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Viz, how do you do it?

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Sorry, i have done the root it cubes in propagator but not in the aerocloner

i would think that using the root it cubes inside the net pots and the collars to support the stem till roots are established might work?

im just not 100% sure how much moisture the root it cubes will hold. like with putting rockwool direct into the cloner, the trick wll be making sure they dont dampen off before rooting out

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I never got one marcus but everyone says they are awesome :)

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

From what i have seen for speed these are excellent Marcus. Bulls has a thread on here on how he uses his. I am not normally in a rush for my cuts to root so i just use 1/2 liter pots of coco and dip the clone in great white. I have more success with clones than i do seeds.Tbh i can not recall when i last had a clone fail to root.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:42 am
Sorry to bump an old thread...

Are these propagators much cop? I've got my eye on one as I want to take some cuts from a revegging plant that's outside.

Obviously I'm gonna hit the mofo with loads of bug spray when the cuts have rooted and are established, but what's the general ease of getting cuts to root in these things?

I've tried rooting cuts before and failed very droopily.

I only need the 12 site one, as I want to get a mother plant out of this...

I was growing her in my prop tent, but she took over and got too big... so I put her outside and she stunk the road out, so I chopped her but she's come back to life. She fucken honks to high heaven, smells of rich blueberry and body odour. :oik!:

Seriously smelliest plant I've ever grown.
These make it effortless, just plain water into the tank and let it run. id recommend the 20 site over the 12 as it has better spray heads and better spacing to arrange the cuts imo.

you can even leave plants rooted in the system for months after rooting if needed.

i would say these are well worth the money if you struggle with taking clones
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
MrMan (Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:13 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:20 pm
Ah, so I can root a clone out and leave it in there getting the water, with a bit of nutes I presume, jizzing all over it's bottom for a month or two?

Also, another question... I have a small fish tank heater, can I use that to warm the water up and give some residual heat to the prop?

Or does it not need it? See, I'd want to keep the prop at room temp in the house (20*Cish) just till I can assure the cuttings from this plant that was on the compost heap, have no bugs on them.
you can leave them in there a couple month on just tap water if you like

the pump seems to add enough heat to the water and the prop so i dont use any additional heat

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:20 pm
Ah, so I can root a clone out and leave it in there getting the water, with a bit of nutes I presume, jizzing all over it's bottom for a month or two?

Also, another question... I have a small fish tank heater, can I use that to warm the water up and give some residual heat to the prop?

Or does it not need it? See, I'd want to keep the prop at room temp in the house (20*Cish) just till I can assure the cuttings from this plant that was on the compost heap, have no bugs on them.
You can leave them for ages, so add mild nutes oncethey really get long. I just leave water out for 24 hours and chuck it in, change weekly.

Mine is sat in the coolest room of my house which has a window open 24/7 so will drop below 20c and I root everything I put in there.

I cannot recommend the kit with the lighting on top enough, yes it's a bit more and I'm sure you got a load of old lights floating about that will do the job but.......with the lights in top its effectively a full grow system (for clones). Its so bloody handy and by far the best grow item I've ever bought. The little nano lights are mad bright for the wattage. It lives under my desk atm, but it could live anywhere with the lights on top. If I ever had to shut down in a emergency I could hide that anywhere and keep my strains for long periods of time. I don't work for them nor do I have shares in the company 😂 but if you gonna get 1 you wont regret spending a little extra on the lights.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Marcus (Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Germination & Propagation”