Welcome to the Cannabis Germination & Propagation section. In this section you can find information and ask questions regarding the germination of cannabis seeds as well as propagation and the different techniques use to germinate cannabis seeds. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Germination problems

A place to get info and discuss germination of cannabis seeds
Twisted

Re: Germination problems

Post by Twisted »

Thank you all will try the 24hr soak next time, it's just very disheartening I will probably skip doing a grow this year now as I can't be spending more money on seeds, I have emailed fastbuds if I get lucky and they send me some more out then I will crack on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Twisted for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:25 pm) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:47 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Twisted wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:18 pm
Thank you all will try the 24hr soak next time, it's just very disheartening I will probably skip doing a grow this year now as I can't be spending more money on seeds, I have emailed fastbuds if I get lucky and they send me some more out then I will crack on

In 24 hours they've normally cracked open. I then use a spoon to scoop them out and onto paper. Saves any possible damage to the seeds.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Twisted (Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:33 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Twisted

Post by Twisted »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Twisted wrote:

In 24 hours they've normally cracked open. I then use a spoon to scoop them out and onto paper. Saves any possible damage to the seeds.
Think it would be worth putting the seeds that haven't popped I to water now or would it be too late?

These users thanked the author Twisted for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:43 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Twisted wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:17 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Twisted wrote:

Think it would be worth putting the seeds that haven't popped I to water now or would it be too late?

You can give it a try.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Twisted (Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:04 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Twisted wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:17 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Twisted wrote:

I'd put them in some soil and leave them up the corner of the tent. Wet and dry cycle them, they may pop.

I've stopped soaking my seeds these days, wet coco in a warm place gives them all they need to get going.

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Ancient.Soul.Grown wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:17 pm
Drop t5 light closer to stop stretch.

I was also told that 3 days of darkness prior to lights on stops the stretch.... something i am going to test and will document.

Cheers

ASG
Whoever told you that is an idiot.

They stretch as seedlings so they can get far enough off the ground to get enough light above other plants so they can grow before the cotyledons run out of fuel for them. If you move your light closer, that'll stop stretch because they think they've reached above the canopy around them and can concentrate on growing.
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Tictok (Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:38 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Ancient.Soul.Grown wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:17 pm
I was also told that 3 days of darkness prior to lights on stops the stretch.... something i am going to test and will document.
Not sure about that sounds like a big plop of doggy doo-dah. But you still can germ weed seeds in total darkness, theirs no need for light till they`re above ground, . But yes point being some seeds need light to germinate and some can be done in both either light or darkness.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I usually soak mine in water for 24 hrs in the kitchen cupboard. It's about 24-25 degrees in there. Then they goeither straight to coco in propagator or in wet tissue and food box on top of the tv receiver. To be honest both ways always work. But I like the way @Marcus is doing them. When I was doing the microgreens they loved some weight on top. I might try that with canna seeds next time :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 3):
Marcus (Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:40 pm) • Tictok (Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:39 pm) • Twisted (Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:05 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Bulls wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:31 pm
I usually soak mine in water for 24 hrs in the kitchen cupboard. It's about 24-25 degrees in there. Then they goeither straight to coco in propagator or in wet tissue and food box on top of the tv receiver. To be honest both ways always work. But I like the way @Marcus is doing them. When I was doing the microgreens they loved some weight on top. I might try that with canna seeds next time :Stoned:
Those canna seedlings were eaten with a nice juicy rib eye steak Bulls. :hungry:

:viking:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Bulls (Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:10 pm) • Tictok (Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:39 pm)

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

I might as well chip my method in.
Root riots pre heated for a couple of hours under T5. Stick seeds in root riots add 5ml of water and put back under T5 with a towel on top of propagator. Job done.
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 3):
Tictok (Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:39 pm) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:19 am) • Twisted (Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:05 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Germination & Propagation”