Welcome to the Cannabis Germination & Propagation section. In this section you can find information and ask questions regarding the germination of cannabis seeds as well as propagation and the different techniques use to germinate cannabis seeds. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Popping above soil.

A place to get info and discuss germination of cannabis seeds
Growmie

Popping above soil.

Post by Growmie »

I posted this in the wrong section by accident.

Basically I would just like to know how long you wait for a seed to pop above soil before you give up on it?

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
duke
Respected Member

Re: Popping above soil.

Post by duke »

Growmie wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:13 pm
I posted this in the wrong section by accident.

Basically I would just like to know how long you wait for a seed to pop above soil before you give up on it?

hi i give a week and if they dont do it by then its likely they are duds,are they old seeds?if there poorly stored and old maybe 50% germ rate,i had 15 yr old afghani seeds (fridge srored) and half of them germed some split but stalled.good luck :bye:
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Growmie (Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:51 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

Hi Duke!

They are new seeds with a recent date on, I'm not sure if I allowed the tap root to get large enough as only one has popped up. They are all different strains of autos so I expected different timings but it's strange that nothing else has showed.
I'm wondering if, like you said, the rest have stalled, but I'm worried to go brushing around and harm/disturb them.

As for storage while they have been in my care they have been in a cool dark place in a box.

It's only been about three days so I'm sure they will pop eventually but as I soaked and germinated first I expected them to be a little quicker haha.

These users thanked the author Growmie for the post:
duke (Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:13 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Growmie wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:54 pm
Hi Duke!

They are new seeds with a recent date on, I'm not sure if I allowed the tap root to get large enough as only one has popped up. They are all different strains of autos so I expected different timings but it's strange that nothing else has showed.
I'm wondering if, like you said, the rest have stalled, but I'm worried to go brushing around and harm/disturb them.

As for storage while they have been in my care they have been in a cool dark place in a box.

It's only been about three days so I'm sure they will pop eventually but as I soaked and germinated first I expected them to be a little quicker haha.

what sort of temp are they in?if its cold they be slow or not do anything,ime old seeds stall just after the case cracks and go no further but new seeds should be good to go,patience im sure theres time yet.good luck

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

They are getting to and staying around 26-27 with lights on and around 22c lights off. They are still under humidity domes. The first is doing fine but still nothing from the rest. Fingers crossed the decide to show up in next few days! Thanks for your help :)
duke (Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm)

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

duke wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:24 pm
Growmie wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:54 pm
Hi Duke!

what sort of temp are they in?if its cold they be slow or not do anything,ime old seeds stall just after the case cracks and go no further but new seeds should be good to go,patience im sure theres time yet.good luck

Just a quick update, I lightly brushed away a couple mm of soil and they were all starting to peak out! I hope I havnt disturbed them now but happy they are ok! One of them seems like it was upside down though so that one may need more time to right itself but I'm happy!
duke (Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Germination & Propagation”