These users thanked the author sir-scrogalot for the post:
biosynthetic (Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:36 pm)
Take a look at my new blog - www.grow-life.blog

Tictok
Known User

Re: Invisible Sun feed

Post by Tictok »

Hi @Invisible Sun

Loving your 250evo in my 2 x 2 but I'm looking to upgrade the 2 x 4 lighting.

I think the 265 Evo will be the answer unless business is good in the next couple of months, then it will be the X-bar.

It's all @sir-scrogalot 's fault with his awesome 2 x 4 grows!

I wonder if you could summarise the differences between the R, BR, FBR and FR as the price point is the same. Is it just personal preference or does one set up suit a certain environment?

This would help immensely.

Thanks for being a sponsor, wouldn't have found you chaps otherwise.

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

Hey IS
I was wondering if you have any experience with solar systems and running grow lights?
I'm thinking of installing a 10kw system with battery storage at home.
Any recommendations or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Invisible Sun

Post by Invisible Sun »

Tictok wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:59 pm
Hi @Invisible Sun

I think the 265 Evo will be the answer unless business is good in the next couple of months, then it will be the X-bar.

I wonder if you could summarise the differences between the R, BR, FBR and FR as the price point is the same. Is it just personal preference or does one set up suit a certain environment?

Hi Tick-tock

Glad to hear your enjoying the light so far. And thanks for the question.

They new options on the board type is a bit of a return to our previous offerings. You can trigger very specific traits in plants by utilising certain wave lengths in your spectrum so these options are a way of offering this.

White and deep red - which is the preferred spectrum we went for with the v3 and eclipse fixtures. A classic full spectrum with additional red for that boost at 660nm.

The TYPE BR option includes both deep red and far red along with royal blue. This was a particularly popular spectrum option previously. Deep red + far red work well together with the far red adding heat to the spectrum in the form of near infra red, the added blue helps with both reducing stretch in veg an flowering while also assisting terps in later flower. You'll get a bushier plant structure under this spectrum

The type R Emerson effect option is a specific ratio mix of deep red and far red. This trigger an increased metabolism in the plant an can lead to extra growth , quicker flowering times and an earlier finish. Interestingly this does not affect yield , alot of our longer term customers that have used a range of our lights swear by the Emerson effect. The plant structure again can be affected by this spectrum and we find it may be more suitable to lolli popping or Sog style of growing rather than scrogging.

So really it's a preference thing.

Feel free to ask anything else if you're unsure on anything.
For further information on our products please visit our website www.invisiblesunled.co.uk

Invisible Sun

Post by Invisible Sun »

Treetrunk wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:41 pm
Hey IS
I was wondering if you have any experience with solar systems and running grow lights?
Yes a little bit of experience, I'd recommend getting solar , it's a way of growing for free or almost for free, depending on the system size .

Specific systems are individual to the installer so no real recommendations but even a 4kw system from spring to autumn you could easily cover 2000-3000w of grow lights without it costing you much if at all. If you're looking at 10kw system then youll be swimming in electricity headroom 😅

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

Invisible Sun wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:21 pm
Treetrunk wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:41 pm
Hey IS
Yes a little bit of experience, I'd recommend getting solar , it's a way of growing for free or almost for free, depending on the system size .

Specific systems are individual to the installer so no real recommendations but even a 4kw system from spring to autumn you could easily cover 2000-3000w of grow lights without it costing you much if at all. If you're looking at 10kw system then youll be swimming in electricity headroom 😅
It's definitely looking like a good investment with today's prices. Thanks mate

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Invisible Sun wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:12 pm
Tictok wrote:
Hi @Invisible Sun

Hi Tick-tock

Glad to hear your enjoying the light so far. And thanks for the question.

They new options on the board type is a bit of a return to our previous offerings. You can trigger very specific traits in plants by utilising certain wave lengths in your spectrum so these options are a way of offering this.

White and deep red - which is the preferred spectrum we went for with the v3 and eclipse fixtures. A classic full spectrum with additional red for that boost at 660nm.

The TYPE BR option includes both deep red and far red along with royal blue. This was a particularly popular spectrum option previously. Deep red + far red work well together with the far red adding heat to the spectrum in the form of near infra red, the added blue helps with both reducing stretch in veg an flowering while also assisting terps in later flower. You'll get a bushier plant structure under this spectrum

The type R Emerson effect option is a specific ratio mix of deep red and far red. This trigger an increased metabolism in the plant an can lead to extra growth , quicker flowering times and an earlier finish. Interestingly this does not affect yield , alot of our longer term customers that have used a range of our lights swear by the Emerson effect. The plant structure again can be affected by this spectrum and we find it may be more suitable to lolli popping or Sog style of growing rather than scrogging.

So really it's a preference thing.

Feel free to ask anything else if you're unsure on anything.
Many thanks for such an informative answer, that clears it up perfectly. Quite a bit food for thought too!

sir-scrogalot

Post by sir-scrogalot »

Tictok wrote:
Hi @Invisible Sun

Kind words. Thanks tiktock

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
biosynthetic (Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:42 pm)

Invisible Sun

Post by Invisible Sun »

IMO wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:57 pm