Don't Smell, Don't Sell, Don't Tell ANYONE!

A place to discuss growing security
Bulls
Coco Grower

Don't Smell, Don't Sell, Don't Tell ANYONE!

Post by Bulls »

Being a grower is great. I personally love the process of growing! Not only is it a fun and rewarding hobby on its own, growing your own supply of marijuana saves tons of money compared to buying it. Plus, you basically get access to unlimited amounts of the highest quality weed!

Well, there is one big problem with growing… the fact that growing marijuana is either totally or at least partially illegal in most parts of the world!
For your security, it's vitally important to do everything in your power to keep your cannabis garden a secret.

In most parts of the world, cannabis is illegal or at least semi-illegal to grow. Even in places where weed is legalized in some form (for example, the 29 medical marijuana and 8 adult legalization states in the U.S.), there are still federal guidelines that mean you can get arrested for cannabis possession or cultivation, even if you're following all the local laws. It's true that federal officials very rarely go after small-time growers who aren't selling, but it's better to be safe than sorry by keeping your grow a secret from everyone.

Rule 1: Never Tell Anyone, Not Even Your Friends, That You've Started Growing Weed

I know, I know, this is common sense, right?

But You can't tell anyone about growing weed, not even your friends unfortunately, it's not. Telling the wrong person is the number 1 most common reason growers get caught or ripped off. Hobby growers rarely get caught by helicopters with thermal cameras or RF interference from grow lights. At least, not compared to how many growers get caught from letting their secret out to someone they couldn't trust.

If you want to prevent the number one reason growers get caught, you should never, ever tell a soul that you grow marijuana. No excuses.

Here's my "never get caught, ever, for growing weed" policy: You can never trust someone else as closely as yourself. If someone isn't actually growing marijuana with you, as a partner-in-crime so to speak, there is no reason to tell them about your growing activities. If someone asks you where you got your weed, tell them you'd rather not talk about it and leave it at that. Better yet, don't tell them you smoke at all if you can avoid it. Remember: If you can't keep this incredibly important secret to yourself, how can you trust other people to keep it to themselves?

Don't ever give hints that you know how to grow weed. If you encounter others who are talking about growing, bite your lip and act dumb!

Rule 2: Be Smart About Comings and Goings to Your Home or Grow Area (especially with lots of growing supplies).

If some bored neighbor is watching you, it's going to seem weird if you're going in and out of your house with pots, nutrients, big bags of soil or soilless grow mix, etc., especially if you don't actually grow anything besides marijuana.That's why one of the best covers for growing weed is growing a few other plants, whether it's flowers, vegetables, fruits, etc. I order "suspicious" items online from ebay because usually, you can pay a bit extra for them to gift wrap your items. That way you can feel extra sure no one will be able to see what's inside the box until after it's inside your house. Even if you don't pay extra for gift wrap most hydro shops on ebay know how to send grow related stuff discretly.

Rule 3: Consider All Sounds, Smells and Light That Come from Your Grow Space

Block all windows with light-proof fabric or blackout curtains. The incredibly bright (and unusually colored) grow lights that are needed to grow marijuana can be a dead giveaway that someone is growing weed inside, so you want to block any light from being seen outside. A good idea is to turn your light off before you open your tent!

As far as sound, grow lights can give off a hum, but usually small fans, exhaust fans, and air/water pumps for hydro are the pieces of equipment that make the most sound when growing cannabis indoors. Powerful exhaust fans can be the worst sound offenders. If you have a roommate, if you share a wall with a neighbour, or if you've put your grow tent in your bedroom and want to sleep at night, you need to be especially careful how you hang your exhaust fan. Additionally, try to get high quality, quiet fans, and prevent air or water pumps from sitting directly on the floor as the vibration can travel.

As far as smells, a big thing to remember is that you will get used to the smell of flowering plants, so don't think that the smell isn't there just because you can't smell it.
Rule 4: Be Smart When Ordering Marijuana Seeds Online

It's a good idea to avoid shipping marijuana seeds to the same place you'll actually be growing your weed if possible.

However, most growers don't have that option, including me. As a result, I have always shipped seeds directly to my house without a problem, and that seems to be what most growers do.

Still, I highly recommend paying a few extra bucks for the "stealth shipping" option the next time you order seeds. Most reputable seed banks offer this. Stealth shipping usually comes with a guarantee (they'll reship seeds if you don't get them), and seeds are much less likely to get confiscated during shipping because they're hidden. Make sure you use one of GrowRoom420 sponsors when you're ordering seeds as they know how to do it best!
Rule 5: Avoid House Guests
Ok, I know that's a bit over-the-top, but how about this: if you don't trust someone with your life, and it's possible for them to find your weed if they're nosy, don't let them come anywhere near your grow.

This means that at the very least, you should lock the door to your grow room and don't let people anywhere inside or near if possible.

Rule 6: Use Your Common Sense

It's easy to get comfortable after a while if you've been growing weed for a long time. It's important to remember that, while medical and adult-use marijuana has been legalized in many areas, it is still considered illegal to grow marijuana in much of the world.
Never let your guard down!

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Don't Smell, Don't Sell, Don't Tell ANYONE!

Post by Nanook »

I would add .... Try not to drink too much to the never tell anyone part. No matter how careful you are sober... Drunk you will want to tell the world! Staying off binges is imho critical :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

SmokeyJoe

Re: Don't Smell, Don't Sell, Don't Tell ANYONE!

Post by SmokeyJoe »

Great Article

Return to “Growing Security”