Tip #2 - Lights

A place to discuss growing security
Bulls
Coco Grower

Tip #2 - Lights

Post by Bulls »

Good morning GrowRoom420!

I hope you're all well and keeping safe. I was thinking about something else which is really important to keep safe this morning..and it must be the lights. There are huge variety of growing lights on the market HPS, LEDs, MH, CDM and etc.. They all different but got one thing in common. What is it? - They are all producing very very bright light.

Most of us are growing is spare bedrooms, cupboards, built-in wardrobes and etc. NO matter where you are growing you must make sure light is not escaping through blinds, windows, patio doors and etc. The safest way is to use a Grow Tent. It is so much easier to control your environment in a tent than in an open space and its also much safer.

Make sure you got decent blinds and curtains on the window where your grow is , but don't do anything stupid like blocking your window with cardboard or something like that...this is a big givaway. Even growing in a Tent sometimes you have to open the tent during the dark hours of the day and it only takes a few seconds and the wrong person looking at your window to notice that something is going on in your house. Most people recognize the orange glow of an HPS Bulb and will be reporting you straight away.

Make sure you've got a bright bulb in the room where your grow is and always keep it on when you opening your tent at night but never leave the light on in that bedroom 24/7 as this is another big giveaway.

Try and be as careful as possible, every minute and every second as it only takes a second and the wrong person starring at your house to get you in trouble.

P.S - Never hang your ducting out through the window :laugh:
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 3):
MrNice (Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:00 pm) • IMO (Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:22 pm) • camkush (Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:44 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Tip #2 - Lights

Post by GMO »

Awesome set of tips

Night time walk around of your grow space is a good way of spotting any leaks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

I get a kick outa seeing tinfoil on windows , another dead give away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

easy-t

Post by easy-t »

Got my tent in wardrobe, black curtain in front of the tent blackout blinds and curtains on windows all get pulled closed even before I open the wardrobe

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

best way, I also got the wife to test with curtains closed from outside incase of a glow
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

easy-t

Post by easy-t »

Nanook of the north wrote:best way, I also got the wife to test with curtains closed from outside incase of a glow
Yep done that live on a busy Rd, bus stop right outside last thing you want is it glowing

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Aye its best to be 100% sure. I even used a flir to test the house and exhausts etc compared with houses down the street ;)
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
MrNice (Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:01 pm)

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

Nanook wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:36 am
Aye its best to be 100% sure. I even used a flir to test the house and exhausts etc compared with houses down the street ;)
is there an affordable option for doing this? I saw some people on the internet getting there doors kicked and stuff robbed by people using thermal imaging on exhausts

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I just borrowed a flir camera tbh. Some phones do it now I believe - cat s60 I think was one.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Mr Nice 1ps worth if you have spot lights point one of them at the window with curtains or blinds closed like i have from the outside you cant see past the light spot

Bit like when a car pulls up at night you cant see the driver because the head lights are on blocking what you can see past

Ive said my bit of crap :lol:

Return to “Growing Security”