Electricity inspection

A place to discuss growing security
Minty
Respected Member

Re: Electricity inspection

Post by Minty »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:00 pm
It's an inspect and test, if you have sockets in the loft they will need to check them.
Totally agree, this is what should happen.

fibrosux wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:06 pm
Don't you have your upstairs lighting circuits running around the loft?
Better to get the inspection out of the way while you still only have seedlings would be my preference
Yea, I am in kinda two minds with this now. I am edging on the get it outta the way if you can remove all Cannabis related issues and just leave the tent up with Chilli plants or something (assuming they won't go in the loft or if they do, they see Chilli plants) on the flip side any decent electrician seeing chilli plants in a loft grow is gonna know what is up anyway.

Edge case idea would be to fill the tent full of crap like it was already in the loft and you just use it for storage etc. Main concern would be to remove all traces of anything like the:-
Twisted wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:01 pm
I have extension coming down to my bedroom so I can just move the cables when they come
As this will be an open invitation to any decent electrical engineer tasked with producing a report on the safety of the overall installation etc. Personally I would check the loft as you have a lighting ring main up there and one of the clauses of the safety check is to ensure against:-
Minty wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:03 am
Electrical shock risks / fire hazards
DIY electrical work
Lack of earthing/bonding
Tricky one mate as you may get someone who smokes weed, or is just chilled enough to not care, but you may also get a 'Jobs-Worth' and to be fair they should be checking in your loft if they are doing the job assigned (partly depending on how old your house is as this does tend to make a difference - i.e. they are not going to be looking for old lead wiring in a new build)

All just my 2 cents at the end of the day and you will need to make your own judgement call mate.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:10 am) • Twisted (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
olmacca

Post by olmacca »

I would hide the seedlings for the day or couple of hours! Like most people in here said best get it out of the way. That is my advice

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author olmacca for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:40 am) • Twisted (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Donkey222 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:14 am
A few weeks ago my landlord wanted to do get an enegry performance certificate as im leaving ,i thought i could buy enough time before i completed on my place and i ended up having to rapidly tear everything down and out and having to kill 2 mums and 6 in mid veg which was very upsetting he didnt even go in the loft after all that
NO! Gutted mate, seen your GRoom and I would have said you owned the place seeing how well done it was etc.
Hopefully you moving on to a better pasture my friend ;o) - I still want your old GRoom ;o)
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
Twisted (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

@Twisted

Thinking about it I would defo just get it outta the way, people seem much less likely to want to hang around in general at the min with the whole Covid shit going on so now is probably the best time to have them in assuming you are staying in the property as once over with (and covid might even give you that excuse for 'trying to grow your own') if they do go in the loft and see seedlings ;o)

Once they have done the visit chances are you will not be due another one for at least a couple of years.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
Twisted (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 pm)

Donkey222
Has thanked: 0

Post by Donkey222 »

Minty wrote:
Donkey222 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:14 am
A few weeks ago my landlord wanted to do get an enegry performance certificate as im leaving ,i thought i could buy enough time before i completed on my place and i ended up having to rapidly tear everything down and out and having to kill 2 mums and 6 in mid veg which was very upsetting he didnt even go in the loft after all that
NO! Gutted mate, seen your GRoom and I would have said you owned the place seeing how well done it was etc.
Hopefully you moving on to a better pasture my friend ;o) - I still want your old GRoom ;o)
Just you wait and see minty my old chap im going to be firing up something rather sexy soon well if i ever get hold of these bloody keys

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Donkey222 for the post (total 2):
Twisted (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 pm) • Minty (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

You have to be careful. I've had these inspections and they never been in loft but simply because I've told them ivegot a lot of shit stored up there and no electricity. I always chuck lots of boxes around the tent and the loft hatch so of he opens he sees the mess. Luckily he never had.
But not long ago my mate had similar inspection and he didn't follow my advice. He only had 1x1 tent but leccy guy opened up the hatch and seen it. Luckily nothing happened as he turned out to be cool. But if plants are young I'd hide them and try to cover the tent as much as possible...i know what pain in the butt is to take everything down.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 2):
ohlordyeah_420 (Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:41 am) • Twisted (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 pm)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I grow in the loft and if you pop your head up there all you see is a wall of cardboard boxes. Behind them is 3 x tents and a desk for working on. Even though its my house I always got that there just in case.
Some of the boxes are full of jars of weed too which makes me smile.
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post (total 3):
Elijah Growz (Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:04 pm) • Minty (Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 pm) • Twisted (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 pm)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

They came last year and put me up full on electric smoke detectors so need access to loft to run wiring through to fuse box, i live in a flat so use imagination on that as to how it was done, they added me an outdoor light and a few new sockets and checked everything else was safe, inspecter who came a few weeks before 2 young sparky`s didn`t really look, it was just a quick look at what needed doing. All were sub-contrctors for council and didn`t seem too bothered when they went in loft where theirs alot of grow stuff
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:18 pm) • Minty (Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 pm) • Twisted (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:20 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Twisted

Post by Twisted »

Thanks all think im going to phone them and tell them my wife is shielding as she is disabled so don't want to risk visitors in these times should hold it off a few months

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Twisted for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:30 pm) • Minty (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Twisted wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:22 pm
Thanks all think im going to phone them and tell them my wife is shielding as she is disabled so don't want to risk visitors in these times should hold it off a few months

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
My wife did similar when we were going to have the gas people round. I managed to finish my grow, then took the tent down.

When the chap came round and did every room except mine as she laid it on thick. I was a bit pissed by it as it took me forever to take down, took longer to get it back up and put me weeks behind growing, leaving me low on weed.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Minty (Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Return to “Growing Security”