music player apps for audio

Greenfingers
Known User

music player apps for audio

Post by Greenfingers »

Good day all, Ive dug my stereo out, and I've got an android tablet, what app do you use to store and play music ? :dance:
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 4):
wutang (Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:55 am) • Keeno (Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:18 am) • HRH (Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:20 am) • GMO (Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:36 pm)

wutang
Known User

Re: music player apps for audio

Post by wutang »

Spotify was a game changer for me. But my old skool bangers are on my PC / iTunes and old ipod classic which crashes every now and then. I think I need to do what you're doing..get them onto a tablet so I can listen to them playlists again lol
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 4):
Keeno (Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:18 am) • HRH (Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:23 am) • GMO (Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:36 pm) • Greenfingers (Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:14 pm)

HRH
Known User

Post by HRH »

Spotify. But same as Wutang, have lots on PC - which rarely gets a look.
These users thanked the author HRH for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:25 am) • GMO (Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:36 pm) • Greenfingers (Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:14 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

All pc for me. Only time I can put on music is headphones these days. I keep threatening to get a decent stereo set up but it never happens.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
GMO (Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:36 pm) • Greenfingers (Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:14 pm) • wutang (Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:44 pm)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Spotify for me, before that i used to use Media Monkey i think it was called on android.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:29 am) • GMO (Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:36 pm) • Greenfingers (Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:15 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

GHO

Post by GHO »

I use YouTube music for streaming. It used to be Google music until Google bought YouTube out. Good thing about it is any song that's on YouTube is also available in YouTube music. My advice is pay for YouTube premium and you get ad free youtube and you get YouTube music for free. Selection of tunes is way better than Spotify as a rule too
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:29 am) • GMO (Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:36 pm) • Greenfingers (Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:15 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Keeno wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:28 am
All pc for me. Only time I can put on music is headphones these days. I keep threatening to get a decent stereo set up but it never happens.
You can build a top class system on a budget if you buy used mate. If you ever want suggestions give me a shout
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
GMO (Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:36 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Daytime I stream from radio stations, either the archives or the now playing stuff.

KCRW - I like Henry Rollins archives on there.
WFMU - I normally pop "Give the Drummer" stream on and it plays anything from Hindustani classical to Hillbilly country & Western stuff. Good for background noise. Proper radio shows start at 5pm UK time normally and there's always something different to listen too there as well, with some New Yoyker chick talking every hour or so, which floats my boat.
KEXP too.
There's lots of indie radio station apps out there.

I use Apple Music mostly... cancel every 3 months and I get an offer of 3 months for 1 then so it costs me about £3.66 per month. I like Q Tip and Mike D's shows on there. I also listen to my shazam playlists every month and think "Man, I listened to some shit this month"

Speakers, I have some of the Ikea bookshelf ones made by Sonos. Grab a pair and you can either use them separate in different rooms or as a stereo pair. SOund quality is spot on for what I need it for and a good price £99 each. I am lookijg at more proper Sonos kit for the house now though, I;m impressed with them. They can adjust the sound to the room too by waving your phone about a bit.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
GMO (Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:35 pm)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

GHO wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:27 am
I use YouTube music for streaming. It used to be Google music until Google bought YouTube out. Good thing about it is any song that's on YouTube is also available in YouTube music. My advice is pay for YouTube premium and you get ad free youtube and you get YouTube music for free. Selection of tunes is way better than Spotify as a rule too
Thats awesome mate as i already have YT premium (robbing Fairys) :lol:

Thanks everyone for helping out, @Keeno have a look at the Denon rage if you like good sounds :oik!:
Marcus wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:57 am

Speakers, I have some of the Ikea bookshelf ones made by Sonos. Grab a pair and you can either use them separate in different rooms or as a stereo pair. SOund quality is spot on for what I need it for and a good price £99 each. I am lookijg at more proper Sonos kit for the house now though, I;m impressed with them. They can adjust the sound to the room too by waving your phone about a bit.
im going ikea next week so i'll take a look mate cheers :dance:

GHO

Post by GHO »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:57 am
Daytime I stream from radio stations, either the archives or the now playing stuff.

KCRW - I like Henry Rollins archives on there.
WFMU - I normally pop "Give the Drummer" stream on and it plays anything from Hindustani classical to Hillbilly country & Western stuff. Good for background noise. Proper radio shows start at 5pm UK time normally and there's always something different to listen too there as well, with some New Yoyker chick talking every hour or so, which floats my boat.
KEXP too.
There's lots of indie radio station apps out there.

I use Apple Music mostly... cancel every 3 months and I get an offer of 3 months for 1 then so it costs me about £3.66 per month. I like Q Tip and Mike D's shows on there. I also listen to my shazam playlists every month and think "Man, I listened to some shit this month"

That's a good shout on the Sonos gear, I didn't realise they have room correction too. Decent for £99 that. I've got a quad set up and a Chromecast connected via optical for streaming. Does me but I think there's maybe a better way to get more detail through, can't bear to spend any more on kit though.

Return to “Non Canna Growing”