Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Why my yield is so less? Need help.

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
Daikatana

Why my yield is so less? Need help.

Post by Daikatana »

Hello there friends. My first experiment was with an ak47 strain. I used an LED grow light which was equal to 1200 watts in a growing tent (the LED had 2 options, 1 for grow 1 for bloom; i opened them both all the time, since the light much stronger if both opened). Clear air flow was slightly less then needed since i didn't have enough equipment. They were on coco coir and I used the following Advanced Nutrients nutritions for my AKs.
- Sensi Grow A and B for coco
- Sensi Bloom A and B for coco
- B-52
- Voodoo Juice
- Big Bud for coco
- Overdrive

I gave them water 3 times a week around half a liter each time. So i gave 1.5 liters weekly.

Someone i know harvested around 700 grams from 8 white widow plants. And my question is;
HOW ON EARTH DID I GET ONLY 35 GRAMS OF WEED IN TOTAL FROM 3 AK47 PLANTS? Also they are almost not potent at all.

I'm very disappointed and very sad. Please, i need your help guys. What am i doing wrong? (sad face here)
These users thanked the author Daikatana for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:21 pm)

Wizard
Respected Member

Re: Why my yield is so less? Need help.

Post by Wizard »

well my thoughts are genitics are a big part of the yeild ,, enviromental conditions well play its role , style of growing , be it sog scorg, lst and topping , there are many many factors that can affect outcomes so its a very hard base answer to give
These users thanked the author Wizard for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:21 pm) • Daikatana (Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:06 pm)
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Daikatana wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:44 pm
Hello there friends. My first experiment was with an ak47 strain. I used an LED grow light which was equal to 1200 watts in a growing tent (the LED had 2 options, 1 for grow 1 for bloom; i opened them both all the time, since the light much stronger if both opened). Clear air flow was slightly less then needed since i didn't have enough equipment. They were on coco coir and I used the following Advanced Nutrients nutritions for my AKs.
- B-52
- Voodoo Juice
- Big Bud for coco
- Overdrive

I gave them water 3 times a week around half a liter each time. So i gave 1.5 liters weekly.

Someone i know harvested around 700 grams from 8 white widow plants. And my question is;
HOW ON EARTH DID I GET ONLY 35 GRAMS OF WEED IN TOTAL FROM 3 AK47 PLANTS? Also they are almost not potent at all.

I'm very disappointed and very sad. Please, i need your help guys. What am i doing wrong? (sad face here)
Hi there,

There could be loads of reasons why.
You could have cropped long before they were ready.

What light do you have? LED lights often overstate what they are in terms of wattage. They're sold as 1200w for example, but use anything from 1/4 to 1/2 of what's stated.

What size pots were you using? 1.5 litres doesn't sound much to be honest.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
TTL (Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:40 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

i also use advanced nuts sensi coco , and a few of there additives , love there line,,, that said i well feed plants daily ,, latley ive been feeding for 5 days and ill let em dry out for a day or two ,, most coco growers will feed every day
These users thanked the author Wizard for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:21 pm)

Daikatana

Post by Daikatana »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:48 pm
Daikatana wrote:
- B-52
- Voodoo Juice
- Big Bud for coco
- Overdrive

Hi there,

What light do you have? LED lights often overstate what they are in terms of wattage. They're sold as 1200w for example, but use anything from 1/4 to 1/2 of what's stated.

I've been using 20 liter pots and i have a light similar to king led lights. It just says 1200 watts but i don't know, it was very bright. Purple color. I followed a chart given by advanced nutrients which was a schedule for 8 weeks. I waited like 12 weeks. Postponed the harvest. But might it still be not ready? I dont know guys this drives me crazy.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I bet its more like 150watts LED.
Also thats not a lot of water. Get some pics up and lets see.
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:21 pm) • TTL (Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:40 pm)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Daikatana

Post by Daikatana »

Nanook wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:56 pm
I bet its more like 150watts LED.
Also thats not a lot of water. Get some pics up and lets see.
I already harvested them :(
But they seemed very green and healthy even a day before the harvest.

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Did you take any pics while they were growing?
“Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

You say the airflow wasn't much? How did you vent your tent? Plants need plenty of CO2 to grow

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Daikatana wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:55 pm
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:48 pm
Daikatana wrote:
- B-52
- Voodoo Juice
- Big Bud for coco
- Overdrive

Hi there,

I've been using 20 liter pots and i have a light similar to king led lights. It just says 1200 watts but i don't know, it was very bright. Purple color. I followed a chart given by advanced nutrients which was a schedule for 8 weeks. I waited like 12 weeks. Postponed the harvest. But might it still be not ready? I dont know guys this drives me crazy.
That is a lot of pot for so little water. Sounds like you weren't getting any run-off too, which means you'd be getting a salt build up.

What medium were you growing in BTW?
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
TTL (Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:40 pm)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”