Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Easy Potting up Guide

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
Bulls
Coco Grower

Easy Potting up Guide

Post by Bulls »

Good morning everyone. Found a few photos in my computer from a potting up session and decided to write up a thread.

I usually start all my seeds and cuttings in B&Q Verve cuttings and sowing compost. It's easy and plants grow healthy and strong for the first 2 weeks. Once you see roots coming out of the bottom of the pots you're ready to pot them up.

It's very important to have water sitting for 24hrs in a room temperature. You will need it for watering your plants after the potting up session.

The First thing I do is to water the plants about 2 hours prior potting up. Helps with preventing the soil falling apart if the root ball is not greatly developed and causing damage to the roots.

Then I have my final pots in the bath and give them a good cleaning.

Next step is opening a fresh bag of growing medium. In my case it's Canna Coco Professional +

..and have Rhizo, PH down and Great White Shark in hand..

then slowly start adding coco into the air-pots. Best thing is to do it in layers and firmly to press the coco against the sides of the pots to prevent leaking when watering...don't rush things take your time and do it correctly.

Once you're almost at the top put your plants in the middle of the final pots and pack the medium around them until you reach the edge of the pots.

Take the pots out and you'll have a great shape hole in your final pots for your plants...Sprinkle some Great White Shark into the hole.

Now, put the stem of your plant between your fingers and turn the pot upside down. You might need to gently squeeze the pot around the edges to release the soil from the pot.

We have a very well build root ball and it's time to go into its final home.

That's it . Simple! Now I will water them with 1L each around the edges of the pot with the right solution for your medium. In my case it's 3ml/L Rhizo and pH 5.7.

Thanks!

Leeinuk87
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Easy Potting up Guide

Post by Leeinuk87 »

Nice guide matey will come in handy for those looking for a good potting up guide.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Leeinuk87 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 pm
Nice guide matey will come in handy for those looking for a good potting up guide.
Thanks matey,
Hope it does yeah.

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

I have to ask what kind of planter pots are those , seen them in a few grow pics now and I’m very interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Nice write up for the dirty growers bulls :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Wizardsbrew wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:29 pm
I have to ask what kind of planter pots are those , seen them in a few grow pics now and I’m very interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The brown ones are 5 1/2 '' pots from B&Q buddy and the black ones with the cones are Airpots.

Redz Medz
Known User

Post by Redz Medz »

couple of handy tips on there thanks. i make hella mess when doin it hahaha.
REDZ MEDZ

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”