Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

New Noob 4x4 Setup

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
haggisgrower

Re: New Noob 4x4 Setup

Post by haggisgrower »

So i finally got my 4x4 tent set up. 50w fluro 2 inch from my seedlings. its getting cold so I put an 80W tube heater underneath.

Problem is its still only mid december at 15C in my tent with a heater.

How much more can seedlings handle? Cos its going to get a lot worse. Am I going to have to move the whole set up to another room?

Cheers,

H

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

haggisgrower wrote:So i finally got my 4x4 tent set up. 50w fluro 2 inch from my seedlings. its getting cold so I put an 80W tube heater underneath.

Problem is its still only mid december at 15C in my tent with a heater.

How much more can seedlings handle? Cos its going to get a lot worse. Am I going to have to move the whole set up to another room?

Cheers,

H
I think so mate. That's very far I to the cold end man and if ya cant get it raised where you are maybe a different room is the best bet

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

15c is incredibly low fella, have you got any pics of the setup or plants at all you could share, help give us a better understanding im thinking humidity domes will assist in the immediate but long term theres deffo going to be some adjustments needed pal
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

haggisgrower

Post by haggisgrower »

The weird thing is they seem to be doing pretty good so far.

Daytime temps and humidity arent too bad as you can see in the pic. Its just at night for the 6 hours they are in darkness the small 80w tube heater cant keep the room warm enough.

This is exactly 1 weeks growth. 50W flurescent and 30W cheap blurple. Turn the fan off at night.

I have a 560W quantum board ready to go but i think its overkill at this stage XD Probably bring the temps up a little though haha

H

They are about 2 and half inches at the moment. Stretchy or normal?

haggisgrower

Post by haggisgrower »

Also have an fan and filter kit but not running it yet as im presuming the floor fan next to the air vent should be pulling in enough for these tinys

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Hi Haggis i run my lights on at night and off during daylight hours. It helps keep temps up lights off as it is a Little warmer normally during the day.

haggisgrower

Post by haggisgrower »

Thats a good shout. Dont think my 50w fluro will kick out much heat but its better than nothing.

How would I go about changing the light cycle? Wont it confuse the plants XD

Do I do it incrementally or just bang it on to 6 off in the afternoon straight away and let them run on tonight?

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Humidity domes will deffo provide assistance here you could literally cut some plastics bottles in half and place them on top of each pot, keep spraying some water inside the bottles see if we can raise that RH a touch pal

haggisgrower

Post by haggisgrower »

Thats a great idea, i have been spraying a mist around the empty pots in the box. does seem to take the humidity and temps up for a while. will try inside the bottles tonight.

Really does look like im going to have to share my bedroom with a massive 4x4 tent for the winter though.

If I wasnt so tall id curl up and sleep in there with them, use my bodyheat to keep them warm XD

H

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I'd try and position them closer to the heat source too either lower the prop or raise the bar need to keep them nice and cosy here to help with establishing a great root structure, all the important work is going on under below soil level atm. Get them as snug as you can pal is there a lid for that prop at all ????

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”