Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Early signs of bud rot

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
Bulls
Coco Grower

Early signs of bud rot

Post by Bulls »

Hello Cannabis Growers!

Whilst I was browsing through my photos, I've found one that is showing early signs of cannabis bud rot.

There is nothing more devastating for a grower to see his weed turning mouldy. Unfortunately there is only that much you can do to protect your weed from getting mouldy but that's another subject.

early signs of bud rot

As you can see on the photo above yellow leaves are probably the first signs of bud rot in cannabis. Usually the buds start rotting in the base of the yellow leaves and if you pull the leaves they will pop out easily.

What do you do if that happens? Not a lot unfortunately! Turn off your oscillating fans and get a plastic bag, a pair of gloves and pair of scissors. Gently place the plastic bag over the rotten bud and cut the stem right under the rotten bud. Make sure you take that rotten cannabis bud miles away form your grow room! Make sure you sterilise the scissors if you ever plan to use them again!

p.s I've got some more bad news for you. If you ever find one be prepared to find more..keep your eyes wide open!
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 6):
Mrs Beefheart (Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:49 pm) • MommaB (Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:04 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:44 am) • IMO (Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:50 pm) • Guest (Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm) • Jayme Ream (Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:22 am)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Early signs of bud rot

Post by seymore_budz »

There is a bacteria you can spray to stop it spreading. Hydrogarden used to sell it but I also found another brand with a quick google. It won't save what you've lost but it will slow it down.

https://drgreens.co.uk/product/bud-rot- ... ate-250ml/
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Nom (Sun May 31, 2020 9:02 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Trex

Post by Trex »

A dead leaf is notorious for wicking up moisture out of thin air . its a must to pinch them off as deep as you can reach !
These users thanked the author Trex for the post:
Ukbudz (Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:31 pm)

Ukbudz

Post by Ukbudz »

Trex wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:45 pm
A dead leaf is notorious for wicking up moisture out of thin air . its a must to pinch them off as deep as you can reach !
Any rot I've had has came from this or massive swings between day and nigh time temps causing condensation inside the buds
These users thanked the author Ukbudz for the post:
Trex (Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:04 am)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

what ive found with bud rot is....... to damp an environment plays fuk with it.......also the main cause is deficient plants !!! over the yrs ive come to real;ize that a healthy plant smokes much better than a sick fukas.... as long as ewe rinse the medium big time 3/4 days before harvest ya good to boot. :idn: but ive smoked a few either way + i prefer a healthy nug to a yellow 1 ...........ooops :lol:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Trex (Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:04 am) • Josh (Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:35 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

if ya grow your canna in a nice arid environment + warm fed correctly ewe wont ever get this shit,i aint had bud rot in yrs,warm, and dry air pulling in + out 29 lights on....23 lights out. :oik!: never get rot again. :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Trex (Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:04 am) • bigbadbillybob (Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:23 am)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

after all we are growing an exotic plant are we not ? do the maths ffs. :oik!:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 4):
Trex (Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:04 am) • bigbadbillybob (Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:23 am) • wutang (Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:32 am) • IMO (Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:56 pm)

Trex

Post by Trex »

Captain Beefheart wrote:after all we are growing an exotic plant are we not ? do the maths ffs. :oik!:
yea thats the thing , its mostly a tropical/sub tropical plant . It used to love humidity and high heat to grow but now they breeding so damn much indoors under controlled environments , it has adapted too much to artificial conditions and lost its natural abilities .

Seems the only thing they strive for is extreme THC which is crazy cuz ive had weed in the 10-15% range that kicks 30% asses hands down .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ginger4lyf
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ginger4lyf »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:28 pm
if ya grow your canna in a nice arid environment + warm fed correctly ewe wont ever get this shit,i aint had bud rot in yrs,warm, and dry air pulling in + out 29 lights on....23 lights out. :oik!: never get rot again. :Stoned:
Im still new, but from most of what i seen people say you should run it pretty humid. like 50% and up. what is your RH levels during veg and flower?

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Had this outside this year as one was finishing not surprising given how wet and humid it was

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”