Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Early signs of bud rot

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis

Re: Early signs of bud rot

Post by Guest »

Isn't bud rot a pathogen that can start from the inside of the bud outwards? I'm sure I heard somewhere that you can get it from your soil, your hands etc...
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Yes the spores can be transferred from everywhere and most often start from the inside
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Guest (Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:26 pm)

Post by Guest »

Bulls wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:56 pm
Yes the spores can be transferred from everywhere and most often start from the inside
This is why I don't often handle my plants anymore unless I have gloves on. Or very super clean hands.

Maybe it's just me :lol: Often get my hands filthy at work.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
KD (Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:59 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

DIY.Rik wrote:
This is why I don't often handle my plants anymore unless I have gloves on. Or very super clean hands.

Maybe it's just me Often get my hands filthy at work.
I never touch my buds at all if I can help it. An old habit I picked up years ago and I've never had a rot issue yet

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Guest (Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:16 am)

Post by Guest »

KrazyDave wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:00 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:

Maybe it's just me Often get my hands filthy at work.
I never touch my buds at all if I can help it. An old habit I picked up years ago and I've never had a rot issue yet

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Your skin is full ov living things too. All those bugs under the finger nals! I have my packof gloves next tomy tent at all times now. :oik!:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Bulls (Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:45 am)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

This haunts me! I’ve not had it yet but I’m paranoid of it! Great read and tip to look for!
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

DIY.Rik wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:14 pm
Isn't bud rot a pathogen that can start from the inside of the bud outwards? I'm sure I heard somewhere that you can get it from your soil, your hands etc...
Literally yes it does. IMO it started inside stems when I've had it once or twice and spreads to buds, yes i know theirs different types of mold but shit I've had all stem on plant seemed unable to feed plant properly or lets say stele in middle of stem, the plants main source for transporting carbs/food seemed unable to do this properly it was really hollow which i thought very unusual, maybe that was stem rot feck knows tbh, but it was only buds that had mold. Basically what i think im saying here is any mold in plant can lead to other rot showing on different parts of the plant and alot more rot.

Once you`ve had mould of any sort i think you may find you get it again from time to time as well cus its near on impossible to rid a room of those spores, i dont care what anyone says, i swear they lay dormant in best hide outs till conditions are right for them to spread again.

Might be wrong on some of that tis just my thoughts and experience on jobby guys n gals

Its spore season now though so they are proper rife here in UK, more so.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to β€œCanna School for Newbies!”