Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

slow growth check up

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
HippyDi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: slow growth check up

Post by HippyDi »

Ok so update after 2 nights with a fan electric heater. She has definitely grown quicker. Thank you everyone. She looks perky and healthy in my opinion. Appreciate the help.

Doing a reservoir change today as it's been almost 2 weeks. I see my ppm is rising a bit even after topping up with phed RO water (EC 0.065 ppm 60). Not sure why but she is due for a change. Would you keep the nutes at 0.35 EC 160 ppm or should I up it a little bit when I do the change? Was thinking 180ppm and 0.4 EC?Thanks:)

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Glad shes looking better - are you using any prevention for pythium etc? Liquid oxygen/phythoff?
0.4-0.6 should be fine :)
I advise h2o2 as prefention if possible, and try and change the tank more frequently - 7-10 days max :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

Thank you! So far I haven't done much only environment to prevent disease. I am changing today at 11 days of nutes only because I needed my husband's help so I don't break things;) I will ideally do it every 7 to 10 days in future. I have a closed system water has no exposure to light and my res tank is at 18 deg Celcius. I'm hoping that the surrounding environment is too cold for many pests (its winter here) Do you recommend h2o2 as a preventative in the water or just use to clean? And Will it harm my baby at this age?

Added: I also have an airstone running continuously and during cycle the overflow pipe oxygenates too.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

18c is spot on and no light is also good - I personally use h2o2 for all it costs daily, but its entirely upto you. I had Pythium this last grow but recovered - lost about a week of growth in the process. You will see if you get it pretty fast in hydro as the plant will look wilted.
Airstone is also good - your doing everything right :)

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

Phew! Thanks. Will keep an eye out:)

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Once the roots are established it will fly :)

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

So an update, she is doing great and has just dropped her 6th node/leaves and will be topping her tomorrow. Shes super bushy and will be good for LST later:) Thank you all for getting me through the seedling stage:) although I did manage to topically burn a bottom leaf with my own stupidity, you can see in the pics.

Topping just above 5th node?

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

looking good :) glad shes living :)

HippyDi

Post by HippyDi »

Topped her yesterday, went between 4th and 5th node. Also took off 2 x fan leaves that were in the shade. She looks perky and happy. Going to start slowly training the bottom branches soon, the leaves are huge and she is super bushy. Dont want to shock her too much by removing more. So trying to tuck the leaves behind the branches. She looks good to me so far. Getting my trichoderma today. Will add it to my system:)

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Doing and grand job with these, really good to see, good shout with the fan leaves I’d certainly let them be they serve a very good purpose

Colours spot on too grand job

Keep it up

Smokes
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”