Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Sexing Help!

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
RS75
Has thanked: 0

Sexing Help!

Post by RS75 »

I am growing 3 Feminized OG Kush and 3 Feminized White Widow. About 4 weeks into veg all 3 white widows developed sacs on the upper nodes. My buddy said it was normal. Now I'm not so sure. They were in veg 6 weeks with 18/6. I flipped the lights exactly 1 week ago. This morning I went to check on them before lights out and most of the sacs had opened. Are these pollen sacs? Am I screwed? If they are, how did all 3 go male? They haven't been stressed, there are no light leaks whatsoever. Any thoughts are appreciated. ImageImageImage
These users thanked the author RS75 for the post:
fabi420 (Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:53 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Sexing Help!

Post by Keeno »

Those are msle party's unfortunately.

Welcome to Growroom420. Make yourself at home.

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Yea that looks like a dude man, sorry for your loss.

But welcome along to gr420 man
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Definitely a male plant.. like they said above. Sorry I know how much that sucks
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Who's the breeder?

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

Hi and welcome along to the Growroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS75

Post by RS75 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:49 pm
Who's the breeder?
Seedsman. Being the 1st week of flower with no buds, if I kill the 3 males and spray my kush down do you think I'll be safe?

RS75

Post by RS75 »

Anyone have any idea how 3 of 3 Feminized seeds could all go male and why they got sacs before flower started?
They weren't stressed. 18/6 schedule during veg. My room is darker than a cave and I have the light on my ac infinity controller covered. 75F during light 65F during lights off. No under or over watering. PH 6 water. Topped at 3.5 weeks. Light pruning before flipping (they had sacs at that point). I'm at a loss as to how all 3 went male.

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

So couple things here. Pollen sacs generally take a month to 6 weeks to open, so you likely had them longer than you realize. That said even by when you noticed, they started in veg so IMHO there's a stressor you're missing. From what little we know I'd look at a light cycle issue first, perhaps a light timer error? Another light source coming on interrupting the dark time? Is someone impatiently opening the tent during lights off to see progress? If using tape to cover the light from fan controller maybe the switch is kinda partially closed and going on/off? If your buddy says pollen sacs on a fem in veg is normal, I suggest no offence you seek your advice from another source. So yeah I'd look at all that cull the males, spray the crap out of the remaining plants and walls and anything else in the tent to wash away pollen. Hope that any remaining pollen is "dead" by the time the other plants could be fertilized by it. This is just my opinion see what more folks think and then proceed. Best of luck, happy growing and welcome to GR420. :puff puff:
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

RS75

Post by RS75 »

Grow room is concrete walls, floor and ceiling with steel security door. I'm the only one with a key. No timer malfunctions. No light leaks whatsoever. Grow room is 4 foot X 22 foot. Even if controller leaked, it's at the opposite end of the room and barely emits light. I'll post some pics next lights off. They were not there when I topped them at 3.5 weeks. I noticed them about week 4 or 5. Buddy said they were empty flower pods. The only thing I can think of is crap genetics. They were freebies from seedsman. Not arguing with you either, just trying to wrap my head around how a Feminized seed with a 1 percent chance of turning male turned out 3 males.

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”