Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Sexing Help!

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
RS75
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sexing Help!

Post by RS75 »

Grow room is concrete walls, floor and ceiling with steel security door. I'm the only one with a key. No timer malfunctions. No light leaks whatsoever. Grow room is 4 foot X 22 foot. Even if controller leaked, it's at the opposite end of the room and barely emits light. I'll post some pics next lights off. They were not there when I topped them at 3.5 weeks. I noticed them about week 4 or 5. Buddy said they were empty flower pods. The only thing I can think of is crap genetics. They were freebies from seedsman. Not arguing with you either, just trying to wrap my head around how a Feminized seed with a 1 percent chance of turning male turned out 3 males.

RS75

Post by RS75 »

Here is the article my buddy sent me but yeah he could be an idiot lolImage

RS75

Post by RS75 »

Here are some more pics. These pollen sacs? ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

First off your space sounds impressive, and for sure no arguments. Just wanting to eliminate other possibilities, heck even over feeding can cause hermies. I'm honestly thinking you have males not hermies from the pics. Here's a decent pic of male vs female.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:58 am) • Rawreefer (Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:53 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

FFS what a load of bollocks.......

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I'd contact seedsman and tell him he's sent you regs instead of fems.

Just pull them out the tent, the other plants will be fine.

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:25 am
I'd contact seedsman and tell him he's sent you regs instead of fems.

Just pull them out the tent, the other plants will be fine.
My thoughts Exactly def all male from the off, not caused by stress or anything just simply male plants.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:02 am) • fabi420 (Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:01 am)

fabi420

Post by fabi420 »

Exactly my experience with seedsman! And they don't even want to hear your criticism! I've done it all, never again seedsman seeds, I can really recommend it to everyone, you can see it. 🤷‍♂️
These users thanked the author fabi420 for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:59 am) • kbag (Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:20 am)
FLO & H2O !

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

RS75 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:46 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:49 pm
Who's the breeder?
Seedsman. Being the 1st week of flower with no buds, if I kill the 3 males and spray my kush down do you think I'll be safe?
Its still a big risk but yes that could quite possibly work out fine, wetting up the pollen on plant does fuck it up, I'd prolly spray plants a few or more times on a weekly basis and even once or twice in early bud once weekly say up to first 4 or 5 weeks cus you dont wanna risk rot do ya and add a few drops of washing up liquid per litre of water for first spray. You will know if its worked out alright in 4 or 5 weeks. Possible problem i can see that you may have got is if theirs any of the pollen left over floating around in your room, it could still be viable, so their lies a risk too. So it maybe an idea wiping room down good style as well with warm soapy water, you could sling a bit of bleach in that for good merasure too, it wont hurt, do it while you can, cus if any viable pollen does land on any bud at some point your gonna get a few seeds on that bud in that area its landed on, but then again one bit of viable pollen landing on a bud sure isnt gonna seed all bud on plant up but just the area its landed, so yes it could be worth the taking a risk. Oh yes you could even add a bit of h202 into that foliar spray mix you spray plants with as well, basically owt that will fuck up pollen and make it unviable before plants start budding up

Yes it sure sounds like the seeds could well have been males like everyone has already said. I mean the time you say you noticed at around 4 to 5 weeks in veg sure sounds like a male plant maturing showing its sex which they do around this time. A male tends to show its sex a few weeks before a fem which I've found its usually or mostly to be around week 6 or 7 for a fem and sometimes longer, but a male defo shows sex much earlier.

Anyhow long and short of it is all is that its still big risk but it could be a risk worth taking if your willing to take that risk.

I can`t believe you didn't remove them man when you sure as dam it more or less knew they were male ball sacs that can fuck lot up if they open.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

RS75

Post by RS75 »

Thanks everyone for the input! I appreciate it. I've learned my lesson on free seeds and crap genetics. Looks like I'm killing some plants, scrubbing, spraying and praying lol
These users thanked the author RS75 for the post (total 3):
kbag (Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:12 pm) • fabi420 (Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:02 pm) • Sage (Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:52 pm)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”