Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Dripper system – a form of auto feed system that released a regular flow of water/feed

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
Nanook
Respected Member

Dripper system – a form of auto feed system that released a regular flow of water/feed

Post by Nanook »

DRIP IRRIGATION SYSTEM

This is a very popular system in hydroponic operations. By controlling the quantity and frequency with which you water your plants, you’ll also control the supply of nutrients. This gives the grower the potential to tailor their supply of solution to the number of droplets given to a plant.

The drip irrigation system consists of a series of small tubes and droppers that connect your water reservoir to each of the plants in your garden. There is really no limit to this. One could feed a couple of plants or an industrial-sized facility using a drip irrigation system. The amount of solution and frequency with which it is administered is then controlled by a timer; not a drop more, nor a drop less is fed to the plants. You don’t even have to be there to feed them. This will save time and money, leaving you available to take care of the non-automated processes.

In more conventional plantations, water is usually given in excess to the plant. It’s expected that it will just drain out. This is not the best condition for a plant to grow in, nor is it the most environmentally-friendly. Preserving water is especially important for growers living in extremely dry areas where water may not be abundant. Drip irrigation will help ensure you always have enough water solution for your plants.

DISADVANTAGES
This system still has its disadvantages. It won’t be the easiest method to set up. Having a hose laying around your grow room will make things much easier for the average home grower. The pipes will also have to be cleaned every once in a while to prevent clogging. Algae and mineral build-up might stop the water flow. This could lead to one or more of your plants not getting the water solution it needs. If your system dispenses the water below the soil, you’ll have no way of telling if your plant is not being fed. You’ll only notice a nutrient deficiency days later.

Drip irrigation will also require a monthly flush-out. This will help with the above problem. By regularly flushing your system, you’ll clean out any residue left behind by the slow flow of water. How often you do this will depend on the cleanliness of your kit and the quality of your water and nutrient solution. And finally, although this system requires less overall supervision, it requires greater attention when you do deal with it. You’ll have to constantly check your plants for signs of ill-health or disease. This is the only way you’ll be able to fix any problem in a timely manner.

Source:www.royalqueenseeds.com
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Dripper system – a form of auto feed system that released a regular flow of water/feed

Post by Bulls »

I love my drip system. The one I built myself I never cleaned. Runned properly for over 2 years. Made my life so much easier.

I am now using rhizo drip & drain system. Its using drippers but it has PCB'S (PRESSURE COMPENSATED BUTTONS). They provide equal flow through all the drippers no mater the difference between dripline length.
Only thing with them is they need to be cleaned regularly especially if you're using liquid silicone.

Lovely post buddy, thanks.

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”