Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

LEP – Light emitting plasma

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
Nanook
Respected Member

LEP – Light emitting plasma

Post by Nanook »

Plasma lamps are a type of gas discharge lamp energized by radio frequency (RF) power. They are distinct from the novelty plasma lamps that were popular in the 1980s.

The internal-electrodeless lamp was invented by Tesla after his experimentation with high-frequency currents in evacuated glass tubes for the purposes of lighting and the study of high voltage phenomena. The first practical plasma lamps were the sulfur lamps manufactured by Fusion Lighting. This lamp suffered a number of practical problems and did not prosper commercially. Plasma lamps with an internal phosphor coating are called external electrode fluorescent lamps (EEFL); these external electrodes or terminal conductors provide the radio frequency electric field.

These lights have recently been utilised my companies such as gavita for growing cannabis but more as a supplementary light than a main one. These are ridiculously expensive and I have not seen a grow using one yet.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”