Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

[Advanced] - The Basics of Crop Steering

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
ncrypta.core
Known User

Re: [Advanced] - The Basics of Crop Steering

Post by ncrypta.core »

Momma bear wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:40 pm
Holy perfect write up!! That was brilliant. I love how closely you are following your plants growth!! πŸ’šπŸ™Œ
Thanks πŸ™

Data a little bit obsessed with, the more you have the better you able to become as it’s all about dailing everything in, lights/temps/rh/irrigation, everything crop steering.

Example.

Can’t wait till go Rockwool
Where the salts go, the water will follow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes made sense to me @ncrypta.core cheers. So i was planning to do the root thing more so than rest but eventually if conditions dont come right themselves i may move onto to using summink for climate conditions.

But my limited understanding it generative first 3 to 4 weeks of bloom then vegative and generative last few weeks ?

So its generative that runs with a slightly lower RH under 50% and vegative a higher RH over 50% or their abouts ?

To calculate the VPD i think i have the formula somewhere to do it. But im more interested in getting rest right before i even faff with that formula. Anyhow as said im only tampering and touching on it atmo.

Cheers bud.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Blimey, and theres little old me just hand feeding once a day when the light comes on.
Makes sense in what your saying though, i think ill wait till the light has been on for a while before feeding from now on and see if i can rig up some sort of automated feed system in flower. Always been put off by automation though, drip rings and things are just too unreliable.

Thanks for sharing, food for thought
β–‘β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–’β–„β–€β–„β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–‘β–„β–€β–„β–’β–ˆβ–€β–„
β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–„β–€β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was β€œwhat am I doing tonight”.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Vador wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:53 pm
Blimey, and theres little old me just hand feeding once a day when the light comes on.
Makes sense in what your saying though, i think ill wait till the light has been on for a while before feeding from now on and see if i can rig up some sort of automated feed system in flower. Always been put off by automation though, drip rings and things are just too unreliable.

Thanks for sharing, food for thought
I would think you can still create the vegative and generative conditions needed using one feed once or twice daily. I will have to look into this bit more though but i cant see why not.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

I need to read this a couple more times to be honest, information overload, just letting it sink in

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

Vador wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:17 pm
I need to read this a couple more times to be honest, information overload, just letting it sink in
Hehe 😜. I totally forgot about this topic

Here is Athena irrigation strategy if using the pro line but example can work well

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

2-Scoops wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:28 pm
Yes made sense to me @ncrypta.core cheers. So i was planning to do the root thing more so than rest but eventually if conditions dont come right themselves i may move onto to using summink for climate conditions.

But my limited understanding it generative first 3 to 4 weeks of bloom then vegative and generative last few weeks ?

So its generative that runs with a slightly lower RH under 50% and vegative a higher RH over 50% or their abouts ?

To calculate the VPD i think i have the formula somewhere to do it. But im more interested in getting rest right before i even faff with that formula. Anyhow as said im only tampering and touching on it atmo.

Cheers bud.

generative for week 1-3 then back to vegative for week 4-6 then from day 42 back to generative till flush then extreme generative and yes to the lower rh in generative even in vegative steering is ideal the challenge is keep the same rh through the veg and gen as your vpd will in turn be higher you’ll then bye increasing water and nutrient absorption which means bigger plant.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

You`ll do for me that mate. Cheers @ncrypta.core

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

Video info on cs

Ramsey nubani
https://youtu.be/aJx_cn1qjJw