Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Passive air intake flaps

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
Growmie

Passive air intake flaps

Post by Growmie »

How many do I have open? At first I only had one open but the air only being drawn from there seems to be causing the closest plants to get windburn/curling. I tried to open them all but to even get some negative pressure I have to have the fan running really high. I don't mind but the fan is oversized for the tent so I'm struggling with balancing negative pressure/wind speed etc.
I've settled on two for now but still not sure if it's right?

Any advice would be much appreciated. :thanks:

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Passive air intake flaps

Post by 2-Scoops »

1 or 2 should be fine, i run a passive inlet myself in my grow cupboard. I've always gone by x1.5 to x2 times size passive inlet hole to your extraction fan, but i see your running oversized gear. But yes i would think 2 is more than enough in a smallish grow tent.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Growmie (Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:38 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

E.p_grower

Post by E.p_grower »

What size tent and what CFM is your fan?
These users thanked the author E.p_grower for the post:
Growmie (Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:38 pm)

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

E.p_grower wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:19 pm
What size tent and what CFM is your fan?
100x100x200 AcInfinity S6 405 max CFM iirc.

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:16 pm
1 or 2 should be fine, i run a passive inlet myself in my grow cupboard. I've always gone by x1.5 to x2 times size passive inlet hole to your extraction fan, but i see your running oversized gear. But yes i would think 2 is more than enough in a smallish grow tent.
Thanks mate, two open seems better than one at the moment as one on its own causes too much of a kind of wind vortex and was stressing the smaller plants. With two though it seems fairly stable. Thanks mate!
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:49 am)

Anonymiss

Post by Anonymiss »

Growmie wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:15 pm
to even get some negative pressure I have to have the fan running really high. I don't mind but the fan is oversized for the tent so I'm struggling with balancing negative pressure/wind speed etc.
Negative pressure isn't all it's cracked up to be - it makes no difference to the plants and is really just about making sure that the smell doesn't esacpe before passing through the fan and filter.

Perhaps consider a an auto transformer (Variac) to reduce fan speed and noise? I've had one for a while and wouldn't do without it now. (Don't get the "dimmer switch" type of controller unless you want a much noisier fan!)
These users thanked the author Anonymiss for the post (total 3):
duke (Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:17 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:20 pm) • Budgie (Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:23 pm)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”