Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Ventilation help.

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
Growmie

Ventilation help.

Post by Growmie »

So I have three large air vents at the bottom of my tent, I have currently been running it with only one open for intake and I don't have to run my fan very high to achieve negative pressure. The first part of my question is, how many should I leave open? I am running all autos so I don't need to worry about light leaks other than the annoyance of it lol. I have tried to open another because I thought increased airflow would be better all around but my fan has to work a hell of alot harder to achieve negative pressure.

The second part of my question is, when it comes to negative pressure, does it make a difference in how much?
Can too little or too much be detrimental to plant health? I understand too little will mean a bad smell which is not good, but what i mean is, should the walls of the tent be super taught like to the point you touch them and nothing really happens or should it just be enough to look sucked it but can have a slight wobble then you touch it? Maybe I'm just worrying too much as it was working fine with just one open but I'm intrigued to hear other people's views.

Thanks!
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post:
Ghost_In_A_Jar (Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:58 pm)

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
MrNice
Respected Member

Re: Ventilation help.

Post by MrNice »

Dammm thats not one for me...............lol

no idea mate
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Growmie (Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:07 am)

Ghost_In_A_Jar

Post by Ghost_In_A_Jar »

I wouldn’t say you need the tent walls to be sucked in. If you have negative pressure caused by your filter and fan, you should be fine.
These users thanked the author Ghost_In_A_Jar for the post:
Growmie (Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:07 am)

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

Ghost_In_A_Jar wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:58 pm
I wouldn’t say you need the tent walls to be sucked in. If you have negative pressure caused by your filter and fan, you should be fine.

But isn't the tent sides sucking inward that is how you tell if you have the negative pressure or not? If there is a way to tell then I've completely missed it haha.

I thought more vents open equals more air exchange and therefore better for the plants but it just seems to make my fan work harder

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

MrNice wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:57 pm

no idea mate

No worries bro 😂 I'm probably just being dumb, one vent open was working fine but I just thought it might be worth opening the rest
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post:
MrNice (Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:14 am)

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Growmie wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:08 am
MrNice wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:57 pm

no idea mate

No worries bro 😂 I'm probably just being dumb, one vent open was working fine but I just thought it might be worth opening the rest
No worries im like you...........lol
if ones open should be ok
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
Growmie (Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:39 am)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”