Welcome to the cannabis school for new growers section. In this section you can ask and get answers to questions about growing cannabis. Whether you are are new to growing cannabis or thinking about getting into the hobby, there are no silly questions so ask away. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Back to old ways after new one don’t work(!)

A place for new grower to ask questions and learn about growing cannabis
ShiftCtrl
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Back to old ways after new one don’t work(!)

Post by ShiftCtrl »

Hi folks,

Recently quit trials with plant magic DWC & a few boosters (pre flower boosters are particularly useless imo, nothing but issues) & going back to Canna, where I should have probably stayed... but I’m wondering what boosts & bits to use (flower mainly), or is it wise to just stick with the Canna pk alone? Seems the more funky the products got the less success , maybe lack of proper knowledge on the nutes on my part but I don’t think so tbh, although I consider myself a n00b it’s been over a decade of messing & variable success).
Used Buddha Tree pk 9-18, would recommend it & have seen good results but with some strains the pre boosts wrecked any chance of them showing full potential.
Can anyone recommend any other pk’s/boosters to either use in conjunction with canna pk 13-14?
Going back to using Canna Aqua A & B (in dwc), silicon supliment (from GrowTech), might add some basic root booster in veg etc (haven’t decided which yet, any suggestions appreciated!) & Cannas pk, but I’m pretty sure there’s more I could add to get it to what it should be.

Bit long winded sorry(!) but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
:thanks:

Philzon   Vape4Ever
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Back to old ways after new one don’t work(!)

Post by GMO »

I think you hit the nail on the head in the middle mate

Stick with the basics to you can hammer it our consistently everytime then start thinking of adding a boost

To really see the result you need a good solid baseline to work from and only one variable. If your happy you can do it consistently then try add just one booster. Then you'll know if it works or not

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Too often people seem to overthink or grow shops sell them in my opinion unneeded nutes.
I would stick to 1 pk and as you were doing before - if it works it works. Watch silicon as it messes PH up mentally.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

ShiftCtrl

Post by ShiftCtrl »

Thanks, yeah I’ve had a few issue with silicon before but nothing compared to some crazy (mostly hype products) I’ve encountered. Think like you say the best ways are the tested ones. I don’t see how it possible to become steadily worse as time progresses but eh I managed it somehow! But I think looking back on some of the yeilds from strains I grew back some time ago only logical thing to do. I’m sure it’s all been said before but hopefully someone’ll read this & think twice about getting sucked in to all the hype, it’s not all bad but certain parts aren’t worth tampering with. Some of the bs I’ve tried wow... it’s not been a disaster but not the result you want. But either way will be nice to get back to the roots of it all (drops pun like Obama drops a mic)

Thanks folks!

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I stick to Ionic tbh. Grow. Bloom. Pk. H2o2 Done :)

ShiftCtrl

Post by ShiftCtrl »

Black Grouse wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:01 pm
I stick to Ionic tbh. Grow. Bloom. Pk. H2o2 Done :)
Me being me I’ve got both (Canna & Growthtechs bits). Will see which is more effective once & for all (in theory lol). But I trust both, Ionic etc I never had issues with just got bored of it, Canna the same but won’t be doing experiments outside of them for now. The markets flooded with bs nutes nowadays & as everyone knows they all overdo the dosage etc. The EC’s are impossible with their feed charts etc & pretty sure that guy on the Canna Aqua chart has no idea he’s on there, just some randomer someone met on holiday...
either way should be interesting to see how Canna compares to GrowthTech, got Plant Magic DWC lying about but that’s going in the drain I think, maybe whatever’s down there will like it but I’m not a huge fan.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to GR420!

I'm no hydro guy but as said, simple is the best way to go. The best DWC growers I've seen are all using the basics. It goes with any growing style tbh except organic, stuff that lot get up to boggles my brain :lol:

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Hello and Welcome to GrowRoom420 Forum buddy.
I'd say Canna PK 13/14 is enough to go from flip till the end, just need to be careful with the dosage as some plants don't like too much PK too Early and can stall their growth. I switched to Hammerhead PK 4/10 which is lighter and safer to use. My flowering nutrients are Canna A&B + Hammerhead PK and that's it :)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”