Welcome to Growroom420 growers forum. If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Click here to register.

Best way to grow

A place for the novice grower to research, ask & learn all things grow related
DazB

Best way to grow

Post by DazB »

Organic or chemicals which is the easiest way to grow and which gives the best results?

London Seed Center
The Aspie Toker
Super Moderator

Re: Best way to grow

Post by The Aspie Toker »

DazB wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:18 am
Organic or chemicals which is the easiest way to grow and which gives the best results?
How long is a piece of string? There are pros and cons for both.

A lot also depends on the skills of the grower.
Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.

Nanook
Banned users

Post by Nanook »

Personally I like chemicals/salts and find it easier. Others prefer organics because they are mental usually 😂
All about what suits you in truth.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Aqua
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aqua »

Nanook wrote:Personally I like chemicals/salts and find it easier. Others prefer organics because they are mental usually
All about what suits you in truth.
Or upside down in Australia growing monsters

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Aqua for the post:
Nanook (Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:14 am)

Viz
Respected User

Post by Viz »

The tools that you use for your grow do not ultimately determine the success or the ease of the grow. You could have the best nutes in all the world, the best lights, the best pots, and so on - but still be a shit grower and produce crap bud.

Every new grower that I have seen falls into the trap of looking for the best nutes, the best lights, the most powerful additives, or whatever. All pointless. Why? Simple really, it is the workman that builds the wall not the trowel in his hand. If you do not have the basics of growing weed, or the basics of growing any plant for that matter, then it is not going to make any difference what kit, nutes, feed you use for your plant.

Organic growing is a lovely WOKE or millennial trend that I can applaud. Conceptually it is fab, in the real world I am not sure how much less of a carbon footprint growing organically indoors is going to be than using ferts or as you have called it chems. Organic feeding plants tend to take a tad longer to develop. That means longer use of the lights. Electricity is a major producer of carbon and the less you can use, the shorter your grow becomes surely better it is for the planet. So as counter intuitive as it sounds, organic is not always best for carbon neutral when growing indoors.

Here are my personal recommendations.

The grow medium will determine.

Soil/Compost - here I would say Organic is a really easy option and will work. Old Timers Grow and Bloom may not be marketed as full on organic but as it is basically black molasses and kelp it is as natural as possible be without trying. You can grow fully chem neutral in soil.

Coco - here it is interesting. I would opt for chems Canna A&B kind of thing. Simply because the outcomes I get with chems are stunning. The organic range of Canna, and other brands maybe a few £ or $ more and may be a great option.

Same pretty much for the other grow methods - drip, wilma, NFT you name it. Organic nutes are starting to show, but they are very new to the hydro market as yet, so I tend to be conservative and stick with the chems. Like that word may i borrow it mate.
These users thanked the author Viz for the post (total 2):
GMO (Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 am) • Nomoli (Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:19 pm)

Return to “Canna School for Newbies!”